• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi there !

My case number is 2025OC201x, and according to Brit Simons stats and research, my number might ”hopefully” become current in the July/August/September region. When do you think as an F1 holder is best to submit the AOS by ?

Should I even worry about this year ? The sooner the better ? Closer to the month of the month it goes current ? I saw in your AOS package process that 2 months prior is the best move ? So if let say my CN goes current on September, should I submit it on July ?
How fast can they process these cases.

Thank u

Hi there !

My case number is 2025OC201x, and according to Brit Simons stats and research, my number might ”hopefully” become current in the July/August/September region. When do you think as an F1 holder is best to submit the AOS by ?

Should I even worry about this year ? The sooner the better ? Closer to the month of the month it goes current ? I saw in your AOS package process that 2 months prior is the best move ? So if let say my CN goes current on September, should I submit it on July ?

Thank u
And also one last question, I’ve submitted my Ds-260 and in the end they said they will reach out regarding required extra documents that is needed to be submitted, but so far I still haven’t heard back.

Will they reach out just through our personal email ? And will they reach out only once our CN is closer to current ? Or usually right after we’ve submitted the DS-260 ?

Thanks again

Hi there !

Thank u
The decision regarding when to file for AOS after your CN becomes current is a personal call you’ll need to make for yourself. If your CN were to become current in September for instance, you may decide to take advantage of the early filing option and file as early as July (after the VB gets released), or August, as long as you understand the pros and cons of the early filing option.

And also one last question, I’ve submitted my Ds-260 and in the end they said they will reach out regarding required extra documents that is needed to be submitted, but so far I still haven’t heard back.

Will they reach out just through our personal email ? And will they reach out only once our CN is closer to current ? Or usually right after we’ve submitted the DS-260 ?

Thanks again
No one will reach out regarding extra documents submission. If you’re processing AOS, you follow the steps listed on the AOS process spreadsheet. If you’re processing CP, you’ll receive a 2NL after your interview gets scheduled.

Hi there !

Thank u

Just to be clear - that means late 2025, not July - September 2024.

hello team ,

once I came across a post in this thread that using third party case status tracker is not advisable instead we should stick to official website .I was wondering if the official USCIS account notify when RFE is sent ...... below is obviously third party app and in the first place how safe are they ?

1717715406911.jpeg

hello team ,

once I came across a post in this thread that using third party case status tracker is not advisable instead we should stick to official website .I was wondering if the official USCIS account notify when RFE is sent ...... below is obviously third party app and in the first place how safe are they ?

View attachment 4738
Yes, uscis website will tell you all updates including RFE sent. All these third party apps do is enter your CN to the uscis site and duplicate what it says. The question you should ask yourself is why give your personal info like CN to a 3rd party website which doesn’t do anything you can’t do yourself?

Hi again. Any special advice for cases where marriage occurred after DV entry/selection? Does it make sense to front load the application with anything that would demonstrate legitimacy? Can't find anything regarding that even after going over the spreadsheet twice.

Hi again. Any special advice for cases where marriage occurred after DV entry/selection? Does it make sense to front load the application with anything that would demonstrate legitimacy? Can't find anything regarding that even after going over the spreadsheet twice.
The spreadsheet has not listed a need at demonstrating legitimacy, because it is not necessary based on experience. I directed you to the spreadsheet as a way of letting you know everything that matters, even with your situation, are already listed there. You’re not filing a marriage based AOS, there’s no point drawing needless attention to the fact that you got married after selection, yours wouldn’t be the first such case. If you get called in for an interview, you can plan on taking such documents along with you. You however can still go ahead and front load accordingly if you like, not something I would do or recommend.

The spreadsheet has not listed a need at demonstrating legitimacy, because it is not necessary based on experience. I directed you to the spreadsheet as a way of letting you know everything that matters, even with your situation, are already listed there. You’re not filing a marriage based AOS, there’s no point drawing needless attention to the fact that you got married after selection, yours wouldn’t be the first such case. If you get called in for an interview, you can plan on taking such documents along with you. You however can still go ahead and front load accordingly if you like, not something I would do or recommend.
Understood. Thank you!

Yes, uscis website will tell you all updates including RFE sent. All these third party apps do is enter your CN to the uscis site and duplicate what it says. The question you should ask yourself is why give your personal info like CN to a 3rd party website which doesn’t do anything you can’t do yourself?
The screenshot OP included is not even for a DV based AOS application. Most DV based AOS applications do not get updated on the official website following bio completion until after case adjudication. So basically if there’s no update on the official website, there’s nothing available for the 3rd party app to pull in. Yet, so many folks still prefer to give their personal information to those 3rd party apps thinking they can magically provide them with some updates which they’re not able to see themselves.

So here's the situation - since you're not currently in the US, I cannot discuss AOS related issues with you because entering the US with a NIV while harboring the intention of processing AOS (being it a secondary reason for seeking admission/re-admission into the country) is frowned upon. This could be considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit. You're welcome to return to this thread after you have been admitted back into the US with whatever AOS related questions you may have at that point.
Thanks mom. Understood. You’re right, I still have not decided to go CP or AOS route, or whether even to progress my DV case at all. Just learning and gathering information at this point.

Hey everybody,

Some questions regarding the DS260 and AOS fee payment came up as we plan to fill it this weekend and send the payment out.
I had already asked about the address on the payment but would like to be sure to avoid any complications.

1. Whats the process for the DS260, do we have to fill separate forms or does the main applicant simply have to add the spouse?
2. For the AOS fee payment, do they care about the address in the form and on the stamped, self addressed envelope? It will be different than the initially provided one for the entry. Was thinking to maybe add a note to explain the situation.
3. What about the name on the stamped return envelope? Plan is to send it to a trusted friends address, either with only the selectee name or "selectee name c/o friends name".

Hey everybody,

Some questions regarding the DS260 and AOS fee payment came up as we plan to fill it this weekend and send the payment out.
I had already asked about the address on the payment but would like to be sure to avoid any complications.

1. Whats the process for the DS260, do we have to fill separate forms or does the main applicant simply have to add the spouse?
2. For the AOS fee payment, do they care about the address in the form and on the stamped, self addressed envelope? It will be different than the initially provided one for the entry. Was thinking to maybe add a note to explain the situation.
3. What about the name on the stamped return envelope? Plan is to send it to a trusted friends address, either with only the selectee name or "selectee name c/o friends name".
1. Main selectee uses the add applicant button to generate a separate DS260 form and add a derivative to their own DS260.
2. Previous response applies.
3. List selectee’s name c/o friend who owns the address.

Hello guys,
My wife was selected in DV lottery 2025, case number EU 7k.
I believe it's pretty low CN and it should become current by end of this year.
We applied last year while residing in Canada, but we moved to the U.S. at the end of 2023, currently on L1 & L2 status
I went through this forum and AOS spreadsheet, we spent about a month on fishing out my wife's high school diploma, original document was left in Ukraine in currently occupied region, luckily we were able to retrieve a scan copy so I think we're good now.
We didn't submit DS-260 forms.
I have a question about KCC 2NL, how to properly send

Adjustment of Status - Fee payment​

letter to KCC?
Description is a bit confusing. And should we expect notification via regular mail or email provided during DV registration?

Thanks a lot!

Hello guys,
My wife was selected in DV lottery 2025, case number EU 7k.
I believe it's pretty low CN and it should become current by end of this year.
We applied last year while residing in Canada, but we moved to the U.S. at the end of 2023, currently on L1 & L2 status
I went through this forum and AOS spreadsheet, we spent about a month on fishing out my wife's high school diploma, original document was left in Ukraine in currently occupied region, luckily we were able to retrieve a scan copy so I think we're good now.
We didn't submit DS-260 forms.
I have a question about KCC 2NL, how to properly send

Adjustment of Status - Fee payment​

letter to KCC?
Description is a bit confusing. And should we expect notification via regular mail or email provided during DV registration?

Thanks a lot!
1. To learn more about the 2NL, please go through the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
2. Which section of the instructions on how to make the AOS Administrative fee payment do you find confusing? Please be specific.
3. Notification about what? Please be specific.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post to make answering the questions easier.

Documenting my AOS journey . Since my self addressed stamped envelope for the DV process fee receipt return was priority mail , now I can see they already mailed the receipt to me . the tracking was activated on May 29, 2024, 10:54 am from WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769 I wonder what KCC is doing in Kentucky .

BTW

I mailed it on May 17, 2024, 3:00 pm

View attachment 4722
DELI what does the 2NL email look like ?

hello team ......does Form I-693 included ipv/opv vaccine now or was it there from the beginning ? I don think it is mentioned at the AOS process sheet for age 18 to 64 .