• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

My DS-260 Completed On: 26 MAY 2024 after 11:00 pm and the following day my Family DS-260 Completed to be exact on 27 MAY 2024 early morning before 11 AM . I mailed diversity-processing fee on May 17, 2024, 3:00 pm . I do not know which have triggered it but just now I received my 2NL . for the members wondering how it looks like ........it is just Email from KCC with PDF attached . the content of the PDF attached below as screenshot .

BTW Sm1smom how you been ? when will we start timeline tab for DV2025 and document our journey ? we will be monitoring our own respective row right ? like encoding data thank you

1717079131829.png......

Last edited:
My case number is AF2XX
Didn’t fill DS-260
-Received DV payment receipt by mail last week
-Received 2NL attachment by e-mail today, May 29, which starts with “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with USCIS”
There is also a link in the same email which refers to DS-260 as a must-do

1. I was not planning on submitting DS-260 as it is not mandatory, Is that still okay?
2. If i don’t submit DS-260, Will my next step be directly AOS package / I-485 in October?
3. Is there a spreadsheet to track the timeline for applicants for FY 2025?
1. Again, DS260 submission is not mandatory if processing AOS. You can decide if you wish to submit the form or not.
2. Correct.
3. Working on it. Will be posted shortly.

Hi @Sm1smom Recently I have selected as DV lottery, I have entered to USA with F1 status, my F1 status has finished recently, but before my F1 status finished I got and approved for TPS (temporary protected status), my question is am I admissible to USA, is this TPS is a valid status for later I do adjustment of status, kindly reply thanks.

Hi @Sm1smom Recently I have selected as DV lottery, I have entered to USA with F1 status, my F1 status has finished recently, but before my F1 status finished I got and approved for TPS (temporary protected status), my question is am I admissible to USA, is this TPS is a valid status for later I do adjustment of status, kindly reply thanks.
TPS is a valid status to AOS from as long as the TPS status holder has never violated any previous NIV status in the past.

1. Your CN is quite low. Go ahead and get ready now or ASAP, in order to be able to proceed with the next steps such as submitting the DS260 forms, making the DV administrative fee payment, completing the medical reports (you cannot initiate any of these 3 without being married first), and putting together your documents to enable you file as soon as your CN becomes current.
2. Filing an AOS based I-765 has no impact on your current status. However use of an approved AOS based I-765 automatically terminates your current status and puts you in what is known as adjustment pending status. Also be aware of the additional fees tied to filing an AOS based I-765. It is therefore highly recommended to maintain current valid status (where/when possible) until your AOS applications gets adjudicated. Having a valid status throughout the process ensures you have a fall back status in the unlikely event the AOS applications gets denied.
3. While DS260 submission is not mandatory for DV based AOS filing, its submission is recommended especially in this case as you were not listed on the initial entry submission. DS260 not only enables you to have a paper trail of your relationship, it also helps the KCC with forecasting the VB progression as it provides more insights into the number of selectees planning on proceeding with their DV selection. You do not gain ANYTHING with not submitting the DS260 - non submission of this form will not absolve you of having an immigrant intent, if you were to file for a NIV in the future if for some reason the AOS application gets denied.
4. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet.

Overall recommendation: spend some more quality time going over the AOS process spreadsheet. There are several tabs on it, carefully go over each one of them. Also review the DV Tracker - Unique Cases spreadsheet. This tool equally has a couple of tabs you should carefully go over.
Thank you for the info. We will proceed as suggested and are able to maintain status throughout the whole process.

I wanted to give an update and ask additional questions based on your reply.
You mentioned we cant do anything without being married first.
We got married this week and already have the certificate/license in hand.
Do we need to wait additional time, or can we get started now with the form DS260 and paying the fee?
Do we need to pay attention to something I am missing out on?
Do we need to declare the marriage on the fee payment or form in a specific way?

Thank you for the info. We will proceed as suggested and are able to maintain status throughout the whole process.

I wanted to give an update and ask additional questions based on your reply.
You mentioned we cant do anything without being married first.
We got married this week and already have the certificate/license in hand.
Do we need to wait additional time, or can we get started now with the form DS260 and paying the fee?
Do we need to pay attention to something I am missing out on?
Do we need to declare the marriage on the fee payment or form in a specific way?
1. No wait required.
2. Nothing else comes to mind, outside of telling you to make sure you pay close attention to the AOS process spreadsheet.
3. No.

p.s. number your questions.

Reactions: Xmb
Hi there. Couple quick questions.

1. Me and my gf came together 2 years ago as humanitarian parolees. Maintained status all the way, selected for FY2025. Anything we should be concerned about? We have an option to apply for TPS, but I don't feel it would be necessary, would it?
2. We are not yet married, planning to be soon. I am the main provider and my income should raise no additional questions for both of us. But she was the one selected and she works part time. Her income is very supplementary. Can we include my financial docs with her application (where I will be a derivative)?
3. As I've already stated we are going to be married soon. Her CN is pretty low, so we are basically going to do that couple months before filling. Is there any change our interview gets waived if we front-load our application properly? What should we include in it? Photos together from 2+ years ago? Documents with both of our names on it? Anything else?
4. She has her university diploma (original) on hand, but her school diploma was destroyed together with her University in Mariupol. Would it be alright for her to submit just a translated university diploma?

Thank you so much for an amazing work you are doing, guys.

Last edited:
Hi there. Couple quick questions.

1. Me and my gf came together 2 years ago as humanitarian parolees. Maintained status all the way, selected for FY2025. Anything we should be concerned about? We have an option to apply for TPS, but I don't feel it would be necessary, would it?
2. We are not yet married, planning to be soon. I am the main provider and my income should raise no additional questions for both of us. But she was the one selected and she works part time. Her income is very supplementary. Can we include my financial docs with her application (where I will be a derivative)?
3. As I've already stated we are going to be married soon. Her CN is pretty low, so we are basically going to do that couple months before filling. Is there any change our interview gets waived if we front-load our application properly? What should we include in it? Photos together from 2+ years ago? Documents with both of our names on it? Anything else?

Thank you so much for an amazing work you are doing, guys.
1. The decision to apply or not apply for TPS is something you’ll need to make on your own. You have a better understanding of your situation than we do.
2. Yes you can.
3. Yes, there’s a possibility of the interview being waived, some FOs waive the interview requirement. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hello folks.
I submitted DS260s for me and my wife (primary applicant) in May, a few days after her selection (2025AS4***).
She's a nurse and plans to continue working as a nurse here in the US. Actually we're waiting on her EAD, through another immigration process, and she may be already working by then if she gets her EAD.
With regards to the question "do you plan to work in the healthcare sector?", I think I mistakenly answered no for her. How big of an issue is this? Should I try to unlock the DS260 and fix this error?

Hello folks.
I submitted DS260s for me and my wife (primary applicant) in May, a few days after her selection (2025AS4***).
She's a nurse and plans to continue working as a nurse here in the US. Actually we're waiting on her EAD, through another immigration process, and she may be already working by then if she gets her EAD.
With regards to the question "do you plan to work in the healthcare sector?", I think I mistakenly answered no for her. How big of an issue is this? Should I try to unlock the DS260 and fix this error?
Not an issue. I wouldn’t sweat it.

1. No wait required.
2. Nothing else comes to mind, outside of telling you to make sure you pay close attention to the AOS process spreadsheet.
3. No.

p.s. number your questions.

Thank you so much! And sorry, will do in the future.

We are about to pay the $660 for both of us, and the form on the website that we must include asks for an address, and a self-addressed, stamped, envelope.

1. Does the address on the form or self-stamped envelope need to align with the one provided for the initial lottery entry?

We are in the process of moving so we would simply put a friend's address for everything until we are settled in to avoid losing any mail.

Thank you so much! And sorry, will do in the future.

We are about to pay the $660 for both of us, and the form on the website that we must include asks for an address, and a self-addressed, stamped, envelope.

1. Does the address on the form or self-stamped envelope need to align with the one provided for the initial lottery entry?

We are in the process of moving so we would simply put a friend's address for everything until we are settled in to avoid losing any mail.
1, no alinement with prior DV application address is needed

2, using trusted friend mailing address is appropriate and however later in AOS application , you need to note that your physical address will determine which USICIS field office you will be applying to

Reactions: Xmb
1, no alinement with prior DV application address is needed

2, using trusted friend mailing address is appropriate and however later in AOS application , you need to note that your physical address will determine which USICIS field office you will be applying to
thank you. everything in the same county so not an issue.

I've seen you added your info to the 2025 tracking spreadsheet, happy to see progress!

1. The payment form asks to note the case number on the check, did you simply write it with a pen or how?
2. Under DV Fee Payment Delivery or Payment Cashed Date, how did you know it was cashed or delivered, did you send it with tracking or regular mail?

thank you. everything in the same county so not an issue.

I've seen you added your info to the 2025 tracking spreadsheet, happy to see progress!

1. The payment form asks to note the case number on the check, did you simply write it with a pen or how?
2. Under DV Fee Payment Delivery or Payment Cashed Date, how did you know it was cashed or delivered, did you send it with tracking or regular mail?
1. You can write the CN with a pen on the money order or cashier’s check.
2. You can track the delivery date if using a trackable mailing option. You can find out the payment cash date by contacting your bank (if using cashier’s check, or by contacting your provider if using money order (go online and google how to track money order).

Reactions: mzo
Thank you for your responses. I realized that I've added question number 4 last moment so you probably didn't see it, but I feel like it's the most important. I've seen different information about it. So just to reiterate:

1. What should we do if high school diploma was destroyed but there is a University diploma on hand? Can we just submit it? I've seen people saying that there was RFE if they do that.

2. Also, I've looked up my FO and it always schedules bio and interview. I also have concerns about prejudice due to FO location. Would it make any sense to move elsewhere while we still have time? Does FO only depend on your mailing address specified in I-485? Thanks!
1. The decision to apply or not apply for TPS is something you’ll need to make on your own. You have a better understanding of your situation than we do.
2. Yes you can.
3. Yes, there’s a possibility of the interview being waived, some FOs waive the interview requirement. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet.

Thank you for your responses. I realized that I've added question number 4 last moment so you probably didn't see it, but I feel like it's the most important. I've seen different information about it. So just to reiterate:

1. What should we do if high school diploma was destroyed but there is a University diploma on hand? Can we just submit it? I've seen people saying that there was RFE if they do that.

2. Also, I've looked up my FO and it always schedules bio and interview. I also have concerns about prejudice due to FO location. Would it make any sense to move elsewhere while we still have time? Does FO only depend on your mailing address specified in I-485? Thanks!
1. You can only submit what you have and keep your fingers crossed in that case. And if the IO requests to see the HS Diploma, then explain yourself accordingly.
2. I don’t provide guidance on FO hopping/shopping. You may decide to relocate solely for the purpose of your AOS filing, that’s your call to make. But bear in mind, things can always change, IOs can always get reassigned, FOs may decide to change their practices of how DV based AOS applications are treated at any point in time. The FO is supposed to be assigned based on the current physical address listed on the I-485, however there have been a few cases where it got assigned based on the mailing address (in situations where the two addresses fell under different FOs in different States).

1. You can only submit what you have and keep your fingers crossed in that case. And if the IO requests to see the HS Diploma, then explain yourself accordingly.
2. I don’t provide guidance on FO hopping/shopping. You may decide to relocate solely for the purpose of your AOS filing, that’s your call to make. But bear in mind, things can always change, IOs can always get reassigned, FOs may decide to change their practices of how DV based AOS applications are treated at any point in time. The FO is supposed to be assigned based on the current physical address listed on the I-485, however there have been a few cases where it got assigned based on the mailing address (in situations where the two addresses fell under different FOs in different States).
Thanks! Hate to be that guy, but I have came across another question:

I came to the US as UHP (Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolee), same as my partner (who is a PA in the application). She did receive benefits initially (facilitated by non-profit organization, called Refuge Cash Assistance). According to a new USCIS Policy Manual:

USCIS Policy 2.png

Does this mean that:

1. She can answer "NO" to INA 212(a)(4) question
2. She must answer "YES" but does not need to list anything in the benefits (since they are not supposed to be considered)
3. She must answer "YES", must list everything and hope that IO have read the new policy.

The only reason she ever applied for those benefits is because multiple people in the non-profit organization, including lawyers and policy advocates have repeatedly stated that UHPs are excepts from public charge during AOE. Any advice?