• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello. I went through the AOS Process spreadsheet (amazing resource). I summarized below for my own benefit the mode of communication from USCIS/KCC (i.e., email, a portal, or mail). This assumes no DS-260, form G-1145 was submitted with the AOS package and creating online account after NOA. Are there any errors in my summary:

STEPCOMMUNICATION MODE
1NLPortal
2NLE-mail
DV Admin Fee Payment ReceiptMail
NOA from USCISE-mail
Biometrics appointment letterE-mail and portal
RFE (as required)E-mail and portal
USCIS interview letter (as required)E-mail and portal
Status updatesPortal
Welcome LetterMail
GCMail

Hello. I went through the AOS Process spreadsheet (amazing resource). I summarized below for my own benefit the mode of communication from USCIS/KCC (i.e., email, a portal, or mail). This assumes no DS-260, form G-1145 was submitted with the AOS package and creating online account after NOA. Are there any errors in my summary:

STEPCOMMUNICATION MODE
1NLPortal
2NLE-mail
NOA from USCISE-mail
Status updatesPortal
Welcome LetterMail
GCMail
I received my NOA and biometrics via mail. Nothing in the portal (if you mean online account). I’m not up to the next stages yet.

STEPCOMMUNICATION MODE
1NLPortal
2NLE-mail
NOA from USCISE-mail
Status updatesPortal
Welcome LetterMail
GCMail
All USCIS communications will be by mail, starting with the NOA, not email, not portal. The exemption could be the interview letter which the IO could decide to send via email if there’s a time crunch or a sudden opening in the scheduling.

Hi mom,im waiting for the 2NL right now, i emailed KCC abou it and they emailed me this and i dont think its 2NL but at the same time this email confused me they told me to contact uscis ?? my case number is 2025EU19XXX, what should i do now should i contact uscis for appointment?

Hi mom,im waiting for the 2NL right now, i emailed KCC abou it and they emailed me this and i dont think its 2NL but at the same time this email confused me they told me to contact uscis ?? my case number is 2025EU19XXX, what should i do now should i contact uscis for appointment?
Have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet? That is what I recommend you start with. You can start with going through the FAQ section of that spreadsheet first, followed by the AOS Process tab. Doing this will enhance your understanding of the process, you can post follow up questions after doing through the spreadsheet.

hi mom i have gone through the process already,and i think i should be doing the aos and eligible,i checked the case page ( 1NL )and confirmed my case number of EUxxx19xxx, I am a F1 student in New York , my f1 visa is valid till 2027, and i wrote the KCC an email and they replied with: If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status.

And i also read the 2024 timeline for aos so im just confused about the process should I do nothing and wait for 2NL email ?
and also generally speaking, what month would the CN be current if its EU19xxx? I watched a youtube video saying its never current till Fiscal Year starts from October

Hi

So, what does the receipt of the DV fee look like? I paid a few weeks ago and today I received my envelope back with basically the form (mentioned in the spreadsheet) that I included, but it is stamped and says "paid", that is it? like no receipt number or anything?
received the same thing with the stamp. Also you will see a serial number on the footer on the back of the paper.

hi mom i have gone through the process already,and i think i should be doing the aos and eligible,i checked the case page ( 1NL )and confirmed my case number of EUxxx19xxx, I am a F1 student in New York , my f1 visa is valid till 2027, and i wrote the KCC an email and they replied with: If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status.

And i also read the 2024 timeline for aos so im just confused about the process should I do nothing and wait for 2NL email ?
and also generally speaking, what month would the CN be current if its EU19xxx? I watched a youtube video saying its never current till Fiscal Year starts from October
All I can tell you at this point is to carefully go through that spreadsheet AGAIN. It has the step by step guidance on what needs to be done. There are several tabs on that spreadsheet, it is not something that can be rushed over. So go over it again, for your own good. Yes, your applicable FY starts in Oct. 2024. The 2024 timeline you referenced is for DV2024 selectee.

I wanted to create AOS spreadsheet Study group So we can assign each other duty and one will present for the team weekly about their assigned tab based on their own understanding on Audio call and may be screen share as well . and it will keep on like that for at least a month later we will keep supporting each other . if you are down for it send me private message here on the forum .

You may proceed with the DV based AOS application when your CN becomes current with the hope your pending asylum gets approved (or you get TPS approved) before the DV based AOS application gets adjudicated.
So applying for TPS will allow me to do AOS in case It was approved,even if I applied after we knew that we are selected by dv lottery 2025 .

Hello Team ,

while studying my FO past history from AOS spreadsheet timeline tab I found below comment from one of member whose AOS was approved being winner of DV 2019 name @sofiamau ........ my question is from the comment given of which i left screenshot below

what is the problem with submitting one check for both I-485 and biometrics if the amount of money on the check or money order is the same as the total amount ? thank you

1716958389302.png

Hello, , I had been selected for DV2025 my CN AF00018XXX this year and I have been on asylum pending status since 2018 .I applied for asylum a month after entering USA. where do i need to start .and since i have SSN and EAD do i need apply for new ones. also my husband and children are in africa what about them. do i need fill in D260. or i just fill form i-485. kindly if you have advice or you have gone through this kind of a case i need help. also how do i know when to start filling?.

Hello, , I had been selected for DV2025 my CN AF00018XXX this year and I have been on asylum pending status since 2018 .I applied for asylum a month after entering USA. where do i need to start .and since i have SSN and EAD do i need apply for new ones. also my husband and children are in africa what about them. do i need fill in D260. or i just fill form i-485. kindly if you have advice or you have gone through this kind of a case i need help. also how do i know when to start filling?.
welcome to the team dear but before any question please go to page #1 of this thread by clicking this hyperlink #1 and check the first post . Good Luck for all of us

Hello Team ,

while studying my FO past history from AOS spreadsheet timeline tab I found below comment from one of member whose AOS was approved being winner of DV 2019 name @sofiamau ........ my question is from the comment given of which i left screenshot below

what is the problem with submitting one check for both I-485 and biometrics if the amount of money on the check or money order is the same as the total amount ? thank you

View attachment 4720
Submitting a single check per person for the combined AOS and biometrics payment is the expectation. The AOS process spreadsheet would have called this out if doing so is an issue, or is not recommended. As a matter of fact the new AOS filing fee of $1440 which came into effect not too long ago no longer separates AOS fee from bio fee (like it used to do the break down in the past).

Hi. I was watching one of the popular immigration lawyers on YouTube who hosts live questions. In response to one caller, he noted that if Trump is elected in Nov and takes office in late Jan, that processing of DV-2025 cases after that point are at huge risk. He thinks CP cases will die altogether while AOS cases may have a chance.

What are people’s thoughts on this? If you haven’t made the DV admin fee payment yet (or submitted DS-260), does this influence you to speed-up or slow down your plan? Especially if you believe your CN won’t become current until Spring/Summer 2025….

Hi. I was watching one of the popular immigration lawyers on YouTube who hosts live questions. In response to one caller, he noted that if Trump is elected in Nov and takes office in late Jan, that processing of DV-2025 cases after that point are at huge risk. He thinks CP cases will die altogether while AOS cases may have a chance.

What are people’s thoughts on this? If you haven’t made the DV admin fee payment yet (or submitted DS-260), does this influence you to speed-up or slow down your plan? Especially if you believe your CN won’t become current until Spring/Summer 2025….
This thread is strictly for discussing AOS related processing only please, it is the only thread set aside for discussing about DV based AOS related. Needless speculations will basically derail the thread from it's intended purpose. Do feel free to create a separate thread for gathering thoughts on potential consequences (or non) based on the current or future political landscape.

Dv processing fee sent out, keeping figures crossed and taking a risk of being on Asylum Pending !!! Ready to experiment with the adventure of the AOS track with GOD by my side

View attachment 4710

View attachment 4709

Documenting my AOS journey . Since my self addressed stamped envelope for the DV process fee receipt return was priority mail , now I can see they already mailed the receipt to me . the tracking was activated on May 29, 2024, 10:54 am from WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769 I wonder what KCC is doing in Kentucky .

BTW

I mailed it on May 17, 2024, 3:00 pm

1717022984856.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My case number is AF2XX
Didn’t fill DS-260
-Received DV payment receipt by mail last week
-Received 2NL attachment by e-mail today, May 29, which starts with “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with USCIS”
There is also a link in the same email which refers to DS-260 as a must-do

1. I was not planning on submitting DS-260 as it is not mandatory, Is that still okay?
2. If i don’t submit DS-260, Will my next step be directly AOS package / I-485 in October?
3. Is there a spreadsheet to track the timeline for applicants for FY 2025?