• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom and all,

I will send my AOS package hopefully mid next week (pending receipt but it is on the way), and I'm signing my check now, but since I-485 application fee is changing as of April 1, should I take the shipping time into consideration now when signing my personal check? I am not sure which amount I should be putting in my check.

Thanks!

Edit: My understanding from USCIS website is the date on the application form makes the difference. So I think I can still write the old fee.
The date on the application will not determine if you're subject to the new filing price increase or not. If it were to be based on "the date on the application", nothing stops people filing after April 1st from back-dating their application in that case. USCIS says:
"The new filing fee is effective for filings postmarked April 1, 2024, and later. If you are filing an acceptable prior form edition on or after April 1, 2024, you must include the new filing fee."

"Postmarked" means the date stamped on the AOS package which indicates when the package was accepted and processed for mailing by whichever mailing service you decide to use.

Congratulations!!

Did you take any action after filing? (I just saw your post a week ago that you thinking about to ask for congressman help)
I was planing to wait my 6 month to do that so I did not do anything..I hope your cases will be approved soon too.

Hi @Sm1smom

My family and I are currently in the US on E3 and E3D visa's. Our case number is likely to become current in the next visa bulletin which comes out in April (our CN would be for advance notification of June). We are looking to file AOS.

Each of our family members have different visa and I-94 expiry dates due to various different traveling/renewing schedules. Our three kids have a current I-94 through to July 2024. The AOS process (if we're able to submit early May) may take a longer timeframe than their current I-94 so I am planning on filing for extension through I-539 form.

1. Do you know when the best time to file I-539 would be?
2. If we file I-539 and then submit our AOS documentation in early May, is there any potential issues that I should be mindful of?
3. I've always been under the assumption that once the USCIS accepts the I-539 submission, you legally have the right to stay until they rule on it. Is this correct?

Hi @Sm1smom

My family and I are currently in the US on E3 and E3D visa's. Our case number is likely to become current in the next visa bulletin which comes out in April (our CN would be for advance notification of June). We are looking to file AOS.

Each of our family members have different visa and I-94 expiry dates due to various different traveling/renewing schedules. Our three kids have a current I-94 through to July 2024. The AOS process (if we're able to submit early May) may take a longer timeframe than their current I-94 so I am planning on filing for extension through I-539 form.

1. Do you know when the best time to file I-539 would be?
2. If we file I-539 and then submit our AOS documentation in early May, is there any potential issues that I should be mindful of?
3. I've always been under the assumption that once the USCIS accepts the I-539 submission, you legally have the right to stay until they rule on it. Is this correct?
1. I’m sorry I can’t help with this. The question is outside the realm of the DV process which I provide guidance on.
2. There’s a possibility of AOS approval delay in such situations - the IO may decide they need to wait on the I-539 approval first before the I-485 can be approved.
3. Yes, that is correct. You’re allowed to remain pending adjudication of the filed application.

Dear Mom,

This is KU again (EU84** Uzbekistan). My number didn't become current for May, now most likely waiting for June. My attorney is advising the following - please let me know if anyone has ever done something similar:
1. Once my number becomes current for June Bulletin, send application around April 15th,
2.1. In case if application is returned due to early filing - proceed with sending a new application.
2.1. In case if Notice of Action is not received by May 15th and/or my application is not returned by USCIS due to early filing, send one more application to USCIS (assuming that the first application will either be returned due to early filing, or USCIS has any other doubts due to early filing).

Do you think it is possible to send multiple application for same case if no response is obtained as per above.
I hope I was able to explain my question?

Thank you

hi everyone
I received this message from kcc. is this message the 2nl?
and my address was in my ds260 is Jerusalem, should i unlock the d 260 and changing it to my new address in us?

thank you
3-11-2024 6-43-47 PM.png

1. I’m sorry I can’t help with this. The question is outside the realm of the DV process which I provide guidance on.
2. There’s a possibility of AOS approval delay in such situations - the IO may decide they need to wait on the I-539 approval first before the I-485 can be approved.
3. Yes, that is correct. You’re allowed to remain pending adjudication of the filed application.
Thank you, this is helpful information.

Dear Mom,

This is KU again (EU84** Uzbekistan). My number didn't become current for May, now most likely waiting for June. My attorney is advising the following - please let me know if anyone has ever done something similar:
1. Once my number becomes current for June Bulletin, send application around April 15th,
2.1. In case if application is returned due to early filing - proceed with sending a new application.
2.1. In case if Notice of Action is not received by May 15th and/or my application is not returned by USCIS due to early filing, send one more application to USCIS (assuming that the first application will either be returned due to early filing, or USCIS has any other doubts due to early filing).

Do you think it is possible to send multiple application for same case if no response is obtained as per above.
I hope I was able to explain my question?

Thank you
If you take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet, you’ll see some folks did or are doing the early filing option. The FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet covers what to do in case of rejection or denial due to early filing, do take a look at the spreadsheet.

hi everyone
I received this message from kcc. is this message the 2nl?
and my address was in my ds260 is Jerusalem, should i unlock the d 260 and changing it to my new address in us?

thank you
View attachment 4586
Yes that is your 2NL. There’s no need to update the address on the DS260 form in this case, KCC has already acknowledged your request to switch from CP to AOS, so they will not be scheduling a CP interview for you.

The date on the application will not determine if you're subject to the new filing price increase or not. If it were to be based on "the date on the application", nothing stops people filing after April 1st from back-dating their application in that case. USCIS says:
"The new filing fee is effective for filings postmarked April 1, 2024, and later. If you are filing an acceptable prior form edition on or after April 1, 2024, you must include the new filing fee."

"Postmarked" means the date stamped on the AOS package which indicates when the package was accepted and processed for mailing by whichever mailing service you decide to use.
Thank you for the clarification. I totally misunderstood it then. I should have just checked the meaning of postmarked I guess. Thank you.