• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi mom,

I wanted your suggestion regarding unsolicitated evidence. We are in a dilemma whether we should include educational diplomas, income statements, and employment letters for my spouse (derivative applicant). Would this be considered unsolicitated evidence?

thank you.
You’re the main selectee, what are you trying to demonstrate with the inclusion of your spouse’s educational documents? I believe the AOS Process spreadsheet lays out what is ideal for the derivative’s package. However if your financial documents on their own are not enough to demonstrate you’re both unlikely to become a public charge, then you can include the spouse’s I guess. Or better yet, get a sponsor to provide you with an I-134.

You’re the main selectee, what are you trying to demonstrate with the inclusion of your spouse’s educational documents? I believe the AOS Process spreadsheet lays out what is ideal for the derivative’s package. However if your financial documents on their own are not enough to demonstrate you’re both unlikely to become a public charge, then you can include the spouse’s I guess. Or better yet, get a sponsor to provide you with an I-134.
Thanks Mom for the suggestion. We have an I134, so I will include only the pertaining details.

Thanks Mom for the information. We are in similar situation. But the joint bank account between my husband and I (principal applicant) have sufficient funds. We file the taxes jointly (He make more than me). I have only last one years W-2 document. Having joint account with funds be a problem?

Last edited:
Thanks Mom for the information. We are in similar situation. But the joint bank account between my husband and I (principal applicant) have sufficient funds. We file the taxes jointly (He make more than me). I have only last one years W-2 document. Having joint account with funds be a problem?
I do not see any issue with this.

You can do that if you like - as long as you are aware of the first rule of thumb when it comes to immigration process - never provide unsolicited information. Providing unsolicited information has been know to complicate issues/create more problems (when the person doing so thinks they are helping their case by doing so).

Yes, you can hand-print missing information. In black ink.
Thank you so much for the help.

Do you think there is a point in providing the evaluation of the apartment? It's just a translated evaluation of the property that I own.
I was thinking it might help since I am selecting a certain range of value of "household assets" in question number 64 on I-485 and I thought that this document would prove it.

What do you think would be better for my application, just providing asset evaluation like bank statements or filing I-134?

Did you have successful DV AOS cases that didn't provide I-134 in their application? Because I have a job offer and going to finish my Bachelor's soon while attaching my assets. I think it's demonstrative that I will not become a public charge.

Thank you in advance for your help, it helps me with these final parts of assembling the package.

Be patient. Processing depends on how busy the Lockbox is as at the time of package delivery. You filed just before the holiday season.

Are you sure your lawyer did not request all communications come directly to them when submitting your application? Have you asked them about what to do or what could be the reason for the delayed NOA receipt?

p.s. Here’s a classic example of the pitfalls of hiring a lawyer for the filing. One would think the lawyer would be experienced enough to understand the need to include the G-1145 with the submitted package.
Hi,

No they have not received the receipt either. I should also receive a courtesy notice from USCIS.
They asked me to wait for the next week as the check was cashed a week ago.
However I checked with EMMA and talked with an agent and managed to learn my receipt number. Apparently they said the notice on Jan 10 and the notice would take up to 10 days to arrive!

One of my friends sent her application on December 22 as well. USCIS just took the money out of her account this morning.
Hearing this is relieving in some sense since there are many people like me. On the other hand, the fact that they are this slow is worrying. I heard on Reddit about people getting their biometrics scheduled for January submissions. Of course, they are not DV cases though. Is your friend also a DV lottery winner, or is she applying under some different category?

Hi,
Is it normal that none of us have gotten the DV green card adjustment yet? Should we be worried or is this pretty standard? Any thoughts?
I can see everybody is waiting for their interview.

Thank you so much for the help.

Do you think there is a point in providing the evaluation of the apartment? It's just a translated evaluation of the property that I own.
I was thinking it might help since I am selecting a certain range of value of "household assets" in question number 64 on I-485 and I thought that this document would prove it.

What do you think would be better for my application, just providing asset evaluation like bank statements or filing I-134?

Did you have successful DV AOS cases that didn't provide I-134 in their application? Because I have a job offer and going to finish my Bachelor's soon while attaching my assets. I think it's demonstrative that I will not become a public charge.

Thank you in advance for your help, it helps me with these final parts of assembling the package.
AFAIK, there's no requirement to submit a property evaluation report based on whatever range of household assets an applicant is claiming on the I-485. Same thing as the household liabilities - or do you plan on submitting documents in support of your liabilities too? (I'm assuming you have some liabilities equally reflected on the I-485). Plus if you plan on submitting the property evaluation report, is it a net value appraisal and are you going to include evidence of amount of loan used in securing the mortgage, trust deeds, or any other liens that may be on the house? This is why you want to be careful and ensure you're not unintentionally opening any Pandora box in the process of trying to get your case adjudicated.

Yes, there have been cases that got approved without an I-134, and there have been some cases where it was requested. If you're able to get an I-134 provided by a sponsor, get one (even if you keep and use it as a back-up financial document only when required). The AOS Process spreadsheet has adequate information on how to demonstrate one is not likely to become a public charge.

Hi,
Is it normal that none of us have gotten the DV green card adjustment yet? Should we be worried or is this pretty standard? Any thoughts?
I can see everybody is waiting for their interview.
Not quite "everybody". At least one person has reported receiving the GC. Anyway similar question already answered in this post. Take a look at it.

Hearing this is relieving in some sense since there are many people like me. On the other hand, the fact that they are this slow is worrying. I heard on Reddit about people getting their biometrics scheduled for January submissions. Of course, they are not DV cases though. Is your friend also a DV lottery winner, or is she applying under some different category?
She is not a DV winner. She applied through Marriage based AOS.

Hello, I’m from Nepal with case number 9300. Considering Nepal’s Visa Bulletin progress, would it be advisable to opt for early AOS filing, or is it safer to go for regular AOS filing?

Hello, I’m from Nepal with case number 9300. Considering Nepal’s Visa Bulletin progress, would it be advisable to opt for early AOS filing, or is it safer to go for regular AOS filing?
Sorry I can’t advise you on that. That’s a decision you’ll need to make on your having by weighing the pros and cons of early filing vs. regular filing.

Hello,
submitting my case is approaching based on the lottery number progress for my area.
I was reading the I485 instruction, and I saw this: "If derivative applicants are filing Form I-485 based on the principal applicant’s Selection Letter, you must provide evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative applicants in the entry when entering the DV lottery for the current fiscal year." I indeed included my wife in the lottery entry, but there is no evidence of this. All emails or confirmations, including the DV 2024 Submission Confirmation, 1NL, 2NL list only my name. Any hint as to where I could find such evidence if needed?
Thanks.

Hello,
submitting my case is approaching based on the lottery number progress for my area.
I was reading the I485 instruction, and I saw this: "If derivative applicants are filing Form I-485 based on the principal applicant’s Selection Letter, you must provide evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative applicants in the entry when entering the DV lottery for the current fiscal year." I indeed included my wife in the lottery entry, but there is no evidence of this. All emails or confirmations, including the DV 2024 Submission Confirmation, 1NL, 2NL list only my name. Any hint as to where I could find such evidence if needed?
Thanks.
Your derivative’s name would have been on your eDV entry itself (if you had saved a copy of submitting it). Your derivative’s name should also be on the DS260 form in CEAC. However, not having this evidence as part of the AOS package has not been an issue in the past, so I wouldn’t sweat it.

Hello! thank you for your help!
we sent 485 forms per family. Wife, a child and a husband. My wife received a return of the AOS package due to the lack of a signature. the package contained form 797C with an explanation of what to do next. what about packages for child and husband?
I checked their Money Order. money is cashed. does this mean their AOC package has been accepted?
Will they also receive forms 797C for mail?

If my AOC package was returned due to a missing signature, should I print and fill out a new Form 485 or should I sign the one that was returned to me?