• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Had interview at Santa Ana FO. Went a bit too early around noon but the IO was nice enough to take me in for interview. Asked me how long I've been in the States and yes/no questions. Finished in about 30 minutes and IO said she needs to get the visa number from KCC which could take approximately 24 hours period. Hopefully, I get my decision soon whether it be good or bad so I can get over it with.

I’m very happy to share an update on our case:

My wife’s case was approved today, and status changed to “New Card being Produced”. As you can imagine, we are incredibly grateful for this opportunity.

I want to take this opportunity first and foremost, to wholehearted thank @Sm1smom for his depth of knowledge on this subject and his willingness to assist others. Thank you for encouraging me (my wife) to adjust status on a B2 visa. I also want to thank the other contributors on this forum for continuously encouraging and supporting each other.

Thought to share a summary of our journey:

July 5 – mailed 485 and accompanying docs

Aug 12 – Biometrics done

Aug 23 – online status changed to “fingerprint done”

Sept 09 - Congressional inquiry – requesting help to expedited our request on exceptional grounds (dv expiry date and humanitarian grounds).

Sept 20 – Called the office of the senator to follow up.

Sept 20: called USCIS contact centre, spoke to a tier 1 agent and I insisted to speak with a supervisor about our request for expedited processing, I told her the DV expires in few days and must speak to someone who could help.

She was very kind, put me on hold for a while and came back to say she has escalated our case and someone will call us within 24 hours.

Within an hour of my call to the agent, we were called by a USCIS IO (Baltimore FO) and was asked to go for interview on Monday, 09/23 at 08:00 (no interview letter). We got there at 07:15 and she was interviewed at around 07:25 for about 20 minutes.

I know it’s late in the day for DV2024 but I hope someone learns something from our journey. Good luck to everyone----remember: it’s not over until its over.

My wife’s case was approved today, and status changed to “New Card being Produced”. As you can imagine, we are incredibly grateful for this opportunity.

I want to take this opportunity first and foremost, to wholehearted thank @Sm1smom for his depth of knowledge on this subject and his willingness to assist others. Thank you for encouraging me (my wife) to adjust status on a B2 visa. I also want to thank the other contributors on this forum for continuously encouraging and supporting each other.

Aug 12 – Biometrics done

Sept 09 - Congressional inquiry – requesting help to expedited our request on exceptional grounds (dv expiry date and humanitarian grounds).

Sept 20: called USCIS contact centre, spoke to a tier 1 agent and I insisted to speak with a supervisor about our request for expedited processing, I told her the DV expires in few days and must speak to someone who could help.

She was very kind, put me on hold for a while and came back to say she has escalated our case and someone will call us within 24 hours.

Within an hour of my call to the agent, we were called by a USCIS IO (Baltimore FO) and was asked to go for interview on Monday, 09/23 at 08:00 (no interview letter). We got there at 07:15 and she was interviewed at around 07:25 for about 20 minutes.

I know it’s late in the day for DV2024 but I hope someone learns something from our journey. Good luck to everyone----remember: it’s not over until its over.
Just did the same thing.

Aug 12 – Biometrics done

Oh yeah, I remember your case. I'm happy your wife successfully completed the AOS process. Congratulations and thanks for the update. How about yourself? Where you able to file with her?

p.s. if you could add your case details to the 2023 Timeline spreadsheet, that would be great and future filers could benefit from being able to access your data on that spreadsheet.

2nd p.s. @Sm1smom is a "she", not a "he"

Hi mom,
I just have someone question about requesting a visa number as stated by the IO. Does the IO request it from the NBC or KCC. Iirc isn't the visa number requested from NBC? Idk why the IO said it's from KCC.

Hi Mom,
Based on our conversation with Emma, our case was actively reviewed by USCIS last week, with the last review taking place on September 19. However, the officer did not make a decision right after the review on that date. Can you help us understand what this means and why the decision wasn't made immediately?

Hi Mom,
Based on our conversation with Emma, our case was actively reviewed by USCIS last week, with the last review taking place on September 19. However, the officer did not make a decision right after the review on that date. Can you help us understand what this means and why the decision wasn't made immediately?
Decision was not made because no decision could be made as of when the case was reviewed. Emma agent has no way of knowing what or how the case was reviewed, so disregard the “actively reviewed” feedback you were provided with.

Oh yeah, I remember your case. I'm happy your wife successfully completed the AOS process. Congratulations and thanks for the update. How about yourself? Where you able to file with her?

p.s. if you could add your case details to the 2023 Timeline spreadsheet, that would be great and future filers could benefit from being able to access your data on that spreadsheet.

2nd p.s. @Sm1smom is a "she", not a "he"
Oopsy! Apologies @Sm1smom, my bad.

No I did not adjust status. we were not brave enough to add my case to the file and not enough time to do FTJ.

I will add the case to the timeline spreadsheet.

God bless y'all and good luck to everyone.

Good morning mom and everybody that kindly helps us in this blog I want to give you my good news after a long wait and almost lost hope today I got a message of card being produce!!! I want to thank you very much your blog it’s been so helpfull in this process I will recomend to everyone it’s the best companion in a process full of ups and downs. Thank you again!!

Morning everyone! Finally, my wife woke me up to the good news today! My and my wife's status changed to "new card being produced". We are so grateful for this group and everyone who helped throughout our process, especially @Sm1smom . I hope those who are waiting will get their cards approved very soon. After a long stressful and frustrating wait, we are so happy to share this news with you all. Here are some of the updates on our timeline:
07/21 - Package delivered to lockbox
08/06 - Fingerprints taken
09/03 - Sent congressional inquiry (no response from that so far)
09/16 - Sent senatorial inquiry (no response)
09/18 - Sent White House inquiry (no response)
09/19 - Drove 3 hours to the Kansas City FO, but could not get in.
09/19 - FO responded to our e-request with a standard "case within normal processing times".
09/23 - We sent a mail to the FO with a request letter for expedite, our case details, and printout of the USCIS manual chapter 4 about adjusting before Sep. 30, and a screenshot of Curtis Morrison's tweet about visa ending on August 23rd.
09/24 - Our cases were updated to "new card is being produced" on our online accounts. So, the interview was waived.

I hope for everyone waiting to get their approval very soon. Thank you all for making this journey less chaotic .

Good morning mom and everybody that kindly helps us in this blog I want to give you my good news after a long wait and almost lost hope today I got a message of card being produce!!! I want to thank you very much your blog it’s been so helpfull in this process I will recomend to everyone it’s the best companion in a process full of ups and downs. Thank you again!!
Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Morning everyone! Finally, my wife woke me up to the good news today! My and my wife's status changed to "new card being produced". We are so grateful for this group and everyone who helped throughout our process, especially @Sm1smom . I hope those who are waiting will get their cards approved very soon. After a long stressful and frustrating wait, we are so happy to share this news with you all. Here are some of the updates on our timeline:
07/21 - Package delivered to lockbox
08/06 - Fingerprints taken
09/03 - Sent congressional inquiry (no response from that so far)
09/16 - Sent senatorial inquiry (no response)
09/18 - Sent White House inquiry (no response)
09/19 - Drove 3 hours to the Kansas City FO, but could not get in.
09/19 - FO responded to our e-request with a standard "case within normal processing times".
09/23 - We sent a mail to the FO with a request letter for expedite, our case details, and printout of the USCIS manual chapter 4 about adjusting before Sep. 30, and a screenshot of Curtis Morrison's tweet about visa ending on August 23rd.
09/24 - Our cases were updated to "new card is being produced" on our online accounts. So, the interview was waived.

I hope for everyone waiting to get their approval very soon. Thank you all for making this journey less chaotic .
Congratulations and thanks for the update. Don’t forget to finish updating the Timeline spreadsheet.

Aug 12 – Biometrics done

Congratulations! I followed your instructions and met a nice agent to submit the expedited request this morning. Hopefully, we will hear from USCIS, and good news soon! Thanks for sharing!!

Hi everyone - this morning I have received an email reply to my expedite request that had same boilerplate info re pending background check. Pretty upset with lack of good news and concerned something went off the rails during the check process. Cant think of anything that would generate a national security flag or name check hit.

Hi everyone - this morning I have received an email reply to my expedite request that had same boilerplate info re pending background check. Pretty upset with lack of good news and concerned something went off the rails during the check process. Cant think of anything that would generate a national security flag or name check hit.
I think most people got hit with pending background check that's why it's taking a long time for most AOS cases from what I see usually the background check takes from 30-120 days is what I know from general information but DV AOS cases are expedited even then it can take a while.