• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi everyone - quick update from my walk in to Brooklyn FO this morning. I told security/reception that I need to show some documents for my expedite request to be processed (as per Tier 2 call). Reception lady has asked me for my interview officer last name and went back to get her.
My officer came out to the reception area to talk to me. She asked a bunch of questions re expedite request/Tier 2 call. Then she said my background check is still not done but she raised an expedite for that w FBI on 9/16 (fwiw the congresswoman fwded me the USCIS reply on the same day). She does not know how long they take to reply as my case has been one of the very few ones this year with this problem. They also dont have any notification re visa exhaustion.
What I wish have done differently is ask the officer to expedite the check right when I interviewed (and maybe bring the FBI USCIS interoffice memo to prove it) - similar to @sanjar experience. Now I feel I have lost 11 days as my interview was 9/5.

Hi everyone - quick update from my walk in to Brooklyn FO this morning. I told security/reception that I need to show some documents for my expedite request to be processed (as per Tier 2 call). Reception lady has asked me for my interview officer last name and went back to get her.
My officer came out to the reception area to talk to me. She asked a bunch of questions re expedite request/Tier 2 call. Then she said my background check is still not done but she raised an expedite for that w FBI on 9/16 (fwiw the congresswoman fwded me the USCIS reply on the same day). She does not know how long they take to reply as my case has been one of the very few ones this year with this problem. They also dont have any notification re visa exhaustion.
What I wish have done differently is ask the officer to expedite the check right when I interviewed (and maybe bring the FBI USCIS interoffice memo to prove it) - similar to @sanjar experience. Now I feel I have lost 11 days as my interview was 9/5.
Sorry to hear that. When I had my interview, I asked the officer if there was any way to expedite my FBI background check. She told me there wasn’t and that they had no way to contact the FBI at all. A few days after my interview, my congressman reached out to them, and the FO responded that my case was still under a security check.

PS: my interview was on 9/13 ( I went and they said they don't need to interview me and I have to wait for an FBI check), but yesterday, I received a letter stating that, due to unforeseen circumstances, they had to cancel my interview. The letter was dated 9/6, but the envelope was postmarked 9/16, which was the same day my congressman contacted them.

Hello,
Congratulations for everyone his case has been approved. I am still waiting for the decision to be made for my case. I am wondering if today we will reach the end or Monday?????

Hello,
Congratulations for everyone his case has been approved. I am still waiting for the decision to be made for my case. I am wondering if today we will reach the end or Monday?????
Considering there's no official announcement yet I doubt it. Mr.Brit is updating on how many visas are left and from what I see the approval rates are about 500-550 ranges so if u do the calculation I think u can get a rough idea but 23rd is just a rough estimate. I have interview on 23rd so just holding out onto tiny bits of hope nothing we could do on our part truthfully considering we've tried everything to expedite our cases.

Last edited:
Hi all
A quick update on my walk in yesterday. We had our interview scheduled for the 25th of this month and due to the tweet from Curtis we got really scared. I was the main applicant and my wife was the beneficiary. I have been in the USA for 10yrs with a pending asylum. I came in with a B2 visa and have had not status since then. We were really frustrated with my case pending and last year my wife decided to give it a shot for the DV lottery. Luckily enough we were randomly selected with me been the main applicant. We had a very high case number and everybody kept telling us that we will not make it. We kept our fingers crossed and September VB came and we were current. But we still didn't believe we could make it because we just had two months left. We filled late July and August 2nd was our priority date. On the 08/09/24 fingerprint were applied to my case and my wife's fingerprint were scheduled for 08/27/24. September 10th we received our interview letter scheduled for the 25th of same month. After reading and watching brittsimoms YouTube video about the visa exhaustion and the DV program ending on the 23rd, we started developing other strategies. Considering the fact that i have been in a the US that long I was so worried to loose this opportunity. On 09/18/2024 we decided to try our luck for a walk-in. We arrived at the FO at 10am and went directly to the security check. The lady saw our IL and didn't see the date and asked my wife if we had interview today and my wife said yes. She allowed us pass and when we got at the check in desk we explained our problems to the guy that was there and showed him the tweet and he immediately called for a supervisor. When she came ( very nice woman) she asked if she could take a picture of the tweet we said said and she said they are not aware of that but we should follow her so she can see what to do to help us. Luckily enough the officer handling our file was present and didn't have much to do. She then called us and said we will do our interview yesterday same day. The interview was brief and she told us that our case was already approved at the level of DOH because they saw that we were eligible. She said she didn't even know why we had to came for an interview. She immediately approved our case and in our presence and showed us in the system that it was approved and she ordered the card already. She said there was already a visa allocated to our case and even if we came on the 30th of this month they would have been a visa for us. So as of yesterday our GC is been produced and we are super happy. Please for those still waiting with interview letters try walk-ins. One this she told us that helped our case is that me and my wife have never violated our status and and good background check. We own our own businesses and have employees and pay alot of taxes so that really contributed to our eligibility. Thanks everyone for the contributions even though some were really stressful when you read them.

Hi all
A quick update on my walk in yesterday. We had our interview scheduled for the 25th of this month and due to the tweet from Curtis we got really scared. I was the main applicant and my wife was the beneficiary. I have been in the USA for 10yrs with a pending asylum. I came in with a B2 visa and have had not status since then. We were really frustrated with my case pending and last year my wife decided to give it a shot for the DV lottery. Luckily enough we were randomly selected with me been the main applicant. We had a very high case number and everybody kept telling us that we will not make it. We kept our fingers crossed and September VB came and we were current. But we still didn't believe we could make it because we just had two months left. We filled late July and August 2nd was our priority date. On the 08/09/24 fingerprint were applied to my case and my wife's fingerprint were scheduled for 08/27/24. September 10th we received our interview letter scheduled for the 25th of same month. After reading and watching brittsimoms YouTube video about the visa exhaustion and the DV program ending on the 23rd, we started developing other strategies. Considering the fact that i have been in a the US that long I was so worried to loose this opportunity. On 09/18/2024 we decided to try our luck for a walk-in. We arrived at the FO at 10am and went directly to the security check. The lady saw our IL and didn't see the date and asked my wife if we had interview today and my wife said yes. She allowed us pass and when we got at the check in desk we explained our problems to the guy that was there and showed him the tweet and he immediately called for a supervisor. When she came ( very nice woman) she asked if she could take a picture of the tweet we said said and she said they are not aware of that but we should follow her so she can see what to do to help us. Luckily enough the officer handling our file was present and didn't have much to do. She then called us and said we will do our interview yesterday same day. The interview was brief and she told us that our case was already approved at the level of DOH because they saw that we were eligible. She said she didn't even know why we had to came for an interview. She immediately approved our case and in our presence and showed us in the system that it was approved and she ordered the card already. She said there was already a visa allocated to our case and even if we came on the 30th of this month they would have been a visa for us. So as of yesterday our GC is been produced and we are super happy. Please for those still waiting with interview letters try walk-ins. One this she told us that helped our case is that me and my wife have never violated our status and and good background check. We own our own businesses and have employees and pay alot of taxes so that really contributed to our eligibility. Thanks everyone for the contributions even though some were really stressful when you read them.
Congratulations. Glad to know this worked out for you after all, considering the biggest obstacle around your case is that of being out of status due to your pending asylum case, and not about status violation. Looks like your IO had no problem approving the DV based AOS application with an asylum pending status.

Reactions: NSE
Hi @Sm1smom, my FO is Santa Ana, CA. I am hesitating to make a congressman inquiry now or wait a little bit, at least till June. I looked at previous years and only found 2-3 cases from Santa Ana, CA with interviews scheduled. Do you have any insights about Santa Ana, CA field office? Do they always schedule interviews? Is it worth waiting till June before making a congressman inquiry? Thanks in advance!
Hello. I’m following your case. Did you receive something new?