• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I just tried to go FO this morning but could not pass security even though we explained our situation. I tried three different security officers, and they all insisted we needed to have an appointment and that walk-ins were not allowed. One even told us USCIS is closed today, which is not true, said another security officer, lol. I have no complaints since they are actually very nice and polite all the time.

I also called USCIS INFOPASS and the agent won't let us schedule an appointment either. The status update is pretty the name: still located in NBC and fingerprint has been taken.

I guessed only thing I can do is to be patient now.
Sorry to learn the walk-in attempt did not work for you. Meanwhile, can you confirm if your COS has been processed, and your husband's medical cleared?

Hello mom,

Yes, my I-539 got approved on 8/20/2022, just a day before we sent out the form (what a surprise). So I filled out my status as F-2 and attached the screenshot of the status update on the website with an additional explanation letter explaining why I don't have a hard copy.

My husband's medical exam was also clear on the same date, so we filed the sealed medical exam together with our documents. The only thing that worries me is that our package does not include a copy of the I-539 approval notice, only the screenshot. I'm not sure if that will require us to have an interview.

In DV2023 the process was announced as ending on the 6th, and embassies started turning people away on the 7th. However, that was announced and cabled to all the embassies. The 23rd is what lawyers for the government have said could happen, but that is not an official notification.

Almost 550 visas were issued today, just under 500 yesterday. Less than 2000 remain, if we take into account the AOS cases. So, it is possible to reach the cap by the end of day on the 23rd, but if that is what happens I would expect an announcement tomorrow or Friday.
@Britsimon, could you please keep updating us on actual figures of issued visas and remaining today and tomorrow so we can have a feel what to expect upcoming Monday?

Thank you so much for you detailing explanation!
Update on my case.
In August, we submitted Form I-290B, Motion to Reconsider for my husbend, where we detailed the chronology of events and provided evidence that the newly acquired spouse can apply for adjustment of status together with the lottery winner (with me).
Today, we received the message: appeal was dismissed with the following statement:

After a thorough review, your motion has been denied for the following reason(s):
The evidence provided with your motion does not address the reasons for the denial of your application. The Department of State's Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) packet received prior to adjudication confirmed that KCC was never notified of your intent for Diversity Visa processing.
As a result, your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, has been dismissed. The original decision to deny your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is upheld.

Could you please advise what step we might have missed? How should we have notified KCC? We paid 330$ for all of family members and got the letter from them with stamp "Paid"
Thank you

I tried a walk-in at noon today and got turned away. The security guards were very nice but unfortunately they don’t allow anyone in unless they have an appointment. Explaining my situation to them didn’t help much. Oh well..

Hoping for something magical to happen at this point lol

Update on my case.
In August, we submitted Form I-290B, Motion to Reconsider for my husbend, where we detailed the chronology of events and provided evidence that the newly acquired spouse can apply for adjustment of status together with the lottery winner (with me).
Today, we received the message: appeal was dismissed with the following statement:

After a thorough review, your motion has been denied for the following reason(s):
The evidence provided with your motion does not address the reasons for the denial of your application. The Department of State's Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) packet received prior to adjudication confirmed that KCC was never notified of your intent for Diversity Visa processing.
As a result, your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, has been dismissed. The original decision to deny your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is upheld.

Could you please advise what step we might have missed? How should we have notified KCC? We paid 330$ for all of family members and got the letter from them with stamp "Paid"
Thank you
Did you pay $330 per person that you were adjusting status for?

Adding on to the unsuccessful walk-in attempts, we drove 3 hours (each way) to the Kansas City FO to only return with an unlucky attempt. We spoke with the security guard for over 30 minutes trying to convince to speak with someone to get answers. He was nice but kept telling the same things: call the USCIS agent for Infopass appointment, there is no supervisor available, cases do not get adjudicated by the FO but actually NBC does that, etc. There wasn't any way for us to walk in or talk with someone from the office on our case. So, we had to leave, losing the last opportunity at hand to help with our case. I called a USCIS agent to schedule infopass and she told me Tier 2 agent will call back but they wouldn't approve my schedule request anyway since it's not "valid". The FO didn't answer neither the congressional inquiry nor the senatorial one since September 4th. And we received a generic response to our request through the portal for "missing approval notice", saying the case is within normal processing times and pending. We tried almost everything we can at this point and it seems like we won't be among the winners of green cards this year.