• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello Good People,
I have been scheduled for my interview on 26th September, 8:00 am. However, I have seen some people saying that the Visas are exhausting on 23rd September and DV 2024 shall close that same day. How true is that information? Do I stand any chance of reaching 26th before Visa exhaustion?
Thank you.

Hello Good People,
I have been scheduled for my interview on 26th September, 8:00 am. However, I have seen some people saying that the Visas are exhausting on 23rd September and DV 2024 shall close that same day. How true is that information? Do I stand any chance of reaching 26th before Visa exhaustion?
Thank you.
It's a prediction that visas are expected to exhaust by Sept 23rd. This prediction is based on the rate at which visas are being issued in the last couple of days.

Why is it 150 short of the total? Are there nacara allocations still?? Or is allotted only CP?
Yes, still NACARA:
visa numbers made available to NACARA applicants in FY 2023 will result in reduction of the DV-2024 annual limit to 54,843
FTR, DV25 will have even less:
Visa numbers made available to NACARA applicants in FY 2024 will result in reduction of the DV-2025 annual limit to approximately 54,850. Section 5104 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2024 amended the NACARA’s provisions on the DV program such that the number of visas made available under the NDAA each fiscal year will be deducted from the 55,000 DVs annually allocated. These amendments will further reduce the DV-2025 annual limit to approximately 51,350.

Hello Good People,
Thank you.
Try walk in and ask explain your situation to them and u may show them twit of the representative. I won’t wait till sep 26 since visa may exhaust by then .. good luck

Hi! I had my interview on August 12th at the Miami Field Office. The officer mentioned that everything looked good and told me to contact USCIS if I didn't hear anything within 30 days. However, I haven’t received any updates on my case status since my biometrics on June 16th. My EAD expired on September 3rd, and I’ve been on unpaid leave from my job since August 12th.
Here’s what I’ve done so far:
  1. I’ve spoken to a Tier 2 officer twice, and both times my expedite request due to severe financial loss was denied. My Infopass appointments were also unsuccessful for the same reason—no evidence supporting expedite or Infopass.
  2. My employer, who is also a lawyer (I work in a legal field), wrote a very supportive letter asking for an expedite due to the severe financial impact on both me and the company. I sent this letter to a congressperson, a senator, the Miami Field Office, and the White House.
  3. I submitted inquiries to the senator, congressperson, and the White House.
  4. Based on advice from @Joy_76 (thank you!), I submitted an inquiry to schedule an Infopass appointment based on Emergecny Parol.
Results:
  • I met in person with a caseworker from the congressperson's office, as they hadn’t been responding to my emails and calls. They submitted my employer’s letter to USCIS and told me to wait for a response.
  • The White House responded that they’ve received my inquiry and forwarded it to USCIS.
  • Infopass advised me to submit expedite request.
  • I called USCIS today, and my Tier 2 expedite request was denied once again.
At this point, I’m really frustrated. It’s been over a month since my interview, and I still haven’t received any updates. If anyone has any suggestions on what more I can do, I’d really appreciate it.
@thisistanya, may I know how fast you received a response from the White House after you submitted the form? I just submitted it this morning and wondered when I should expect the response.

Last edited:
I just called USCIS to reshedule my interview for earlier date, they said it's impossible. Can only rescheduled for later, but not earlier...
Please advice what to do...

Hi guys! Want to share the update on our case:
- We've got an original interview appointment scheduled for September 23rd
- On September 16th - considering the visa exhaustion risks and based on mom's very useful advice we took all the documents and went to USCIS FO and explained all the concerns to the security officer. He called for the supervisor, who was very knowledgeable about DV process and was able to understand the concerns almost immediately, as soon as I've mentioned 51k visas that already issued. She took our phone and email, as well as A-numbers and said they will try to get an appointment earlier this week. After a few hours we've received a new appointment via email for September 18th
- Then we saw the Simon's video and the post of potential DV2024 closure on September 23rd and realized how correct the decision was to ask for an earlier appointment.
- On September 18th - we went to USCIS FO and had an interview. The IO was very polite and knowledgeable, asked all the questions based on I-485 that we've filed, requested originals of most of the documents to prove the education degree, birth certificates etc, latest verification of employment for me (my wife is a primary applicant, unemployed) and joint tax returns to prove we are unlikely to become public charge. In general interview took ~1h and was very similar to all the others which were described on this forum. At the end IO handed over a "notice of interview results" that was saying "you case is being held for review... final decision will be mailed to you". I've asked IO if there is anything that may block the case from being approved and he said nothing serious, just he needs more time and we have 2 more weeks before deadline. I was a little bit concerned about the visa exhaustion and the projected date of September 23rd DV2024 closure, shared with him this info. He said he is not aware of that yet but will check with his supervisor and will call us if any additional info is required. We thanked him and left USCIS FO, still being a little nervous. After a few ours our status in the systems got updated to "New card is being produced" for all 4 of us. So looks like our case was finally approved!

I would like to thank
- @Sm1smom for doing an awesome job and helping so many people and providing such an awesome and well structured materials like FAQs and Timeline spreadsheets and very correct and almost mathematically precise responses
-@Xarthisius for maintaining the "DV2024 CEAC Data" portal - this was crucial for us to properly estimate visa exhaustion chances even before the public announcement of the September 23rd date projection
- @Britsimon for the constant updates via blog and youtube channel and very reliable information - those helped reduce the anxiety of ~1 year waiting time
- All the users in this forum who shared their status and updates in Timeline spreadsheet and on the forum - that was very helpful to understand the potential roadblocks in advance and prepare for those

Without all that we would not be able to pull through this pretty nuanced process! One indeed does not need a lawyer to go through this process as soon as one has all those! From our side we will contribute to the max possible extend by filling the details of our case further when hopefully we receive a physical cards. Also please let me know if there is any other way we can contribute and give back to this very supportive community.

And final question - may be overthinking it a little - is there anything that may be required from us before DV2024 projected closure on September 23rd or at this point we are pretty much done and should just wait for the mail with the final results?

Last edited:
Hello folks, today I got mail from USCIS with interview appointment, but it's for September 30
Should I try to go earlier?
Thanks for advice
September 30 is veeeery risky, especially knowing the projected date of visa exhaustion to be September 23rd. Please see my post above, I would suggest trying something similar

BIG congratulations!Thanks for sharing your experience with so many details! It's great to know that attending FO before the scheduled date helps the case progress. I'm happy to see more cases getting approved. I was nervous not seeing approval from others this week, which made me think they had already stopped reviewing cases.

We haven't received the interview notice. Would you suggest we go to FO directly to see if we can get the interview opportunity?

BIG congratulations!Thanks for sharing your experience with so many details! It's great to know that attending FO before the scheduled date helps the case progress. I'm happy to see more cases getting approved. I was nervous not seeing approval from others this week, which made me think they had already stopped reviewing cases.

We haven't received the interview notice. Would you suggest we go to FO directly to see if we can get the interview opportunity?
At this point I would try any option... September 23 is really close... However without the interview letter the chances may be smaller...