• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello everyone and Mom.
Today I went to FO again. I talked to IO, he assured me that everything has already been approved on his part and he is waiting for a response from the FBI.
The FBI is checking my name and it's not the same as the background. In any case, there is not enough time and I called the FBI and asked what I could do. They advised me to request acceleration through my congressman. I did it
Now I really can't do anything else except pray and keep my fingers crossed
Thanks for the update, and I'm sorry to learn the pending background check clearance may not be completed on time for your case to be fully approved before the end of the FY, (the IO cannot complete the approval process while the background check clearance is still pending). Keeping my fingers crossed for you though.

The FBI name check, commonly referred to as a "Biographic Check" is part of what constitutes the background check by the way. The Biographic name check involves a records check using the applicant’s name and date of birth, along with all aliases and other names they've ever used.

This 2010 Immigration Benefits Background Check Systems document can help shed more light on what the background check involves for anyone interested in learning more about this topic.

It took USCIS 45 days to approve my TPS. I’m not sure how in-depth the background check is for that type of applications, but today marks the 46th day since my biometrics were waived for the AOS case. Hoping for some closure this week. Fingers crossed!

Hi Mom,

I did a walk-in to USCIS office for an interview. They told me everything is good and the only thing pending is name check since we are from post-Soviet country. Do you happen to know if there is any way we can submit an expedite request to FBI?
USCIS directly coordinates the background check expediting with the agency involved. Not something an applicant can initiate AFAIK.

View attachment 5151View attachment 5152

Go to Resources=>Schedule an appointment=>Request an appointment=>Emergency Advance Parole=> Choose any date, IMPORTANT: Explain the reason well, therefore USCIS will call your number and ask for your 1NL and one more document(I forgot). Tell them you have it and they will send your local field office an expedite request for you.
Hello, when they called you did they ask for the reason for emergency advance parole? Did you just mention the end of fiscal year?

I just had a phone call from USCIS regarding the expedited request I put in yesterday following @Joy_76 advice. The officer told me they can’t do anything apt the moment to expedite the processing (since it is considered within normal processing time) and that it looks like the biometric check is pending for my case; nothing else seems off. He also mentioned that the local field office should be aware of the approaching deadline. It looks like it’s the same story for almost everyone (i.e. background check is not cleared yet).

Hi Mom,

I did a walk-in to USCIS office for an interview. They told me everything is good and the only thing pending is name check since we are from post-Soviet country. Do you happen to know if there is any way we can submit an expedite request to FBI?
Officer can request to expediate it. I had same issue and officer told me she ll ask her supervisor to expedite FBI namecheck and after a week my case got approved. Did officer told u they ll request to expedite ?

Hi Mom,

By walk-in do you mean USCIS let u walk into the office without any interview appointment.

I was googling ways to expedite an FBI namecheck and found NaBISCOP manual attached. Not sure if it is legit, but Diversity Visa is on the list of valid reasons to expedite with the FBI.
Is this something you think I could use for a congresswoman follow up?

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpeg
    IMG_1649.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1647.jpeg
    IMG_1647.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 22
It is quite normal to not see any update at this point. There’s nothing you can do, but to wait and see.
The live agent told me I have to take a third biometric appointment. I obtained police clearance and two letters of the county backing up my records. I even spoke to my congressional representative regarding my case. My condition makes it impossible to pick up my fingerprints I don't see how another appointment would help.

I was googling ways to expedite an FBI namecheck and found NaBISCOP manual attached. Not sure if it is legit, but Diversity Visa is on the list of valid reasons to expedite with the FBI.
Only officer can request to expedite it ..

You can do that if you like, there’s no harm in doing so. The truth is the document is basically talking about something USCIS is already doing as stated in this previous response. USCIS works with the applicable agencies to expedite the background checks for DV based AOS applications.

Hello everyone and Mom.
Today I went to FO again. I talked to IO, he assured me that everything has already been approved on his part and he is waiting for a response from the FBI.
The FBI is checking my name and it's not the same as the background. In any case, there is not enough time and I called the FBI and asked what I could do. They advised me to request acceleration through my congressman. I did it
Now I really can't do anything else except pray and keep my fingers crossed
wow, how you just go and visit your FO IO?
did you make appointment? or it was just walk-in? I'm confused...

Hi @Sm1smom !, today, Finally I've got a acceptance letter from USCIS. 1(Can you please advice for me anything I can do to expedite my case at this point where we only have almost 10 working days.
And appreciate for any input for the question below.
2) When we get acceptance does the uscis send the document to local field office or it takes some time to do so?
3) any information about the visa exhaustion?