• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi all, sharing my DV lottery AOS approval adventure.

I received my interview notice after the scheduled interview date (9/3). The internet says that if you miss your interview, the case will be denied. I decided to go to FO with the outdated interview notice and see what they tell me. On 9/9 I went to the FO and explained them that I received the notice after the interview date and asked what I can do. They spoke to my IO and told me that they will reschedule the interview. Later that day I received a call for my IO telling me to come for the interview on 9/13.

Interview was pretty standard but there was a mistake in my I-693 (one section was not fully filled out by the doctor), and they told me I can go back to my doctor, fix it and bring the correct I-693 back. I did it the same day but there were no changes in my case status after.

I waited until today (9/17), no changes, went back to the doctor again, got another copy of I-693 and decided to go to the FO again. When I came there it turned out that my IO did not receive the document I brought on 9/13 and they took the new set of documents I brought with me.

Later today my case was updated to "new card being produced".

Grateful to this forum and to New York FO (and my IO in particular).

Good luck to all who is still waiting for the approval/ interviews.

PS. I added my timeline some time ago but it disappeared from the spreadsheet. I will add it again.

Last edited:
Hi all, sharing my DV lottery approval adventure.

I received my interview notice after the scheduled interview date (9/3). The internet says that if you miss your interview, the case will be denied. I decided to go to FO with the outdated interview notice and see what they tell me. On 9/9 I went to the FO and explained them that I received the notice after the interview date and asked what I can do. They spoke to my IO and told me that they will reschedule the interview. Later that day I received a call for my IO telling me to come for the interview on 9/13.

Interview was pretty standard but there was a mistake in my I-693 (one section was not fully filled out by the doctor), and they told me I can go back to my doctor, fix it and bring the correct I-693 back. I did it the same day but there were no changes in my case status after.

I waited until today (9/17), no changes, went back to the doctor again, got another copy of I-693 and decided to go to the FO again. When I came there it turned out that my IO did not receive the document I brought on 9/13 and they took the new set of documents I brought with me.

PS. I added my timeline some time ago but it disappeared from the spreadsheet. I will add it again.
I wonder if I can just do walk-in without any appointment...
anyone tried it?

I wonder if I can just do walk-in without any appointment...
anyone tried it?
I am sure the "walk-in" only worked for me because both times I had documents issued by the FO - interview notice for the first time and RFE letter that they gave me at the day of the interview for the second time. Just walking in would not expedite the process itself unfortunately

Wow, what a journey!

Good for you in being proactive and heading back to the Dr for the third set of forms, especially considering the IO didn't receive the second set. Congratulations.

Hi @Sm1smom !, today, Finally I've got a acceptance letter from USCIS. 1(Can you please advice for me anything I can do to expedite my case at this point where we only have almost 10 working days.
And appreciate for any input for the question below.
2) When we get acceptance does the uscis send the document to local field office or it takes some time to do so?
3) any information about the visa exhaustion?
It is so unfortunate it took this long for your AOS package to get accepted. The next couple of days will be a nail-biter for you to be honest.
1. Reach out to your congressperson, explain your predicament, and request urgent assistance. Visit them in person if you have to. At the same time, contact Emma to find out if your bio has been scheduled and try to obtain the date. Once you have the date, login into your USCIS account and use both the date and your receipt number (listed on your NOA) to reschedule the bio appointment to an earlier date and download the new bio letter. Once you’re able to complete your bio, attempt a walk-in at your FO, explain your situation to the guards to see if they will allow you into the building to speak with a supervisor or an IO.
2. Lockbox to NBC to FO.

It is so unfortunate it took this long for your AOS package to get accepted. The next couple of days will be a nail-biter for you to be honest.
1. Reach out to your congressperson, explain your predicament, and request urgent assistance. Visit them in person if you have to. At the same time, contact Emma to find out if your bio has been scheduled and try to obtain the date. Once you have the date, login into your USCIS account and use both the date and your receipt number (listed on your NOA) to reschedule the bio appointment to an earlier date and download the new bio letter. Once you’re able to complete your bio, attempt a walk-in at your FO, explain your situation to the guards to see if they will allow you into the building to speak with a supervisor or an IO.
2. Lockbox to NBC to FO.
Thank you a lot for your prompt attention and response, Will do my best !

Great update. Congratulations.

The live agent told me I have to take a third biometric appointment. I obtained police clearance and two letters of the county backing up my records. I even spoke to my congressional representative regarding my case. My condition makes it impossible to pick up my fingerprints I don't see how another appointment would help.
@Sm1smom any advice for me at this point. Everything is going slowly as my fingerprint did not approved. Even though, I submitted police clearance and other supporting documents. The agent said, they have sent the third request.

Hello. If it is possible to get an appointment with Emergency Advance Parole, will it benefit the AOS process or it has no effect?
I have submitted that request for appointment using Emergency Advance Parole option, but they sent an email today saying they cannot schedule an appointment for the given reasons. I don't know if it will work for you.

I have submitted that request for appointment using Emergency Advance Parole option, but they sent an email today saying they cannot schedule an appointment for the given reasons. I don't know if it will work for you.

Actually, I have a reason that can be considered a good reason for the Emergency Advance Parole, but if that appointment is not beneficail for my AOS, I do not want to do it right now.

Actually, I have a reason that can be considered a good reason for the Emergency Advance Parole, but if that appointment is not beneficail for my AOS, I do not want to do it right now.
I don't think there would be a harm in trying. Then, you can explain your situation and maybe get your case expedited as well.

Hello. If it is possible to get an appointment with Emergency Advance Parole, will it benefit the AOS process or it has no effect?
Emergency Advance Parole is useless at this point since any DV 2024 Advance Parole is only valid until Sept. 30th, 2024. Even if the FY is not about to end, an expedited AP does not subsequently expedite AOS approval.

@Sm1smom any advice for me at this point. Everything is going slowly as my fingerprint did not approved. Even though, I submitted police clearance and other supporting documents. The agent said, they have sent the third request.
Unfortunately, nothing else at this point outside of what is officially required. A self initiated police clearance will not be considered. The PCC will only be accepted if USCIS gives the go ahead to obtain and submit it.

Unfortunately, nothing else at this point outside of what is officially required. A self initiated police clearance will not be considered. The PCC will only be accepted if USCIS gives the go ahead to obtain and submit it.
I did that according to congress man assistant who follows up my case. His contact at Dallas office told him I need to submitted and send it to him by email. Do you think they will accept it?? . Probably I will get the third request for biometric next week.

I did that according to congress man assistant who follows up my case. His contact at Dallas office told him I need to submitted and send it to him by email. Do you think they will accept it?? . Probably I will get the third request for biometric next week.
I don’t know. You’ll just have to wait and see. Do keep us updated.

Hi @Sm1smom , I was just wondering I've received only 3 Receipt number and I do not know which one refers to Main applicant as it doesn't have that information. And actually my file contains 3 derivatives(spouse, 2 child) which means One file is missing ? is it normal?

Hi @Sm1smom , I was just wondering I've received only 3 Receipt number and I do not know which one refers to Main applicant as it doesn't have that information. And actually my file contains 3 derivatives(spouse, 2 child) which means One file is missing ? is it normal?
Your NOA will have the details of which receipt number belongs to whom.