• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello and thanks in advance i am in final stage but it seems won’t make it, I did already biometrics but they told me I have to wait for background check done in my country ,and it’s been 1 week already and no answer, my question is do they know is urgent because there is a deadline, or they just check as for any other visa ?
Everything is paid I talked to congressman and nothing else they can do until background check comes

Hey everyone - quick update from background check limbo. My case still has no news since the interview on Sep 5 and USCIS online status still shows « fingerprints were taken » on Aug 8.

I have reached out to my congresswoman office. They were very nice and quick in getting a USCIS status update (in 2 days!). However, the USCIS reply was pretty standard - case is still pending background check clearance. Their reply said « In some cases, the results of these checks require USCIS to perform additional inquiries or consult with other government agencies. »

I have also requested a Tier 2 callback - no reply yet.

Hi! I had my interview on August 12th at the Miami Field Office. The officer mentioned that everything looked good and told me to contact USCIS if I didn't hear anything within 30 days. However, I haven’t received any updates on my case status since my biometrics on June 16th. My EAD expired on September 3rd, and I’ve been on unpaid leave from my job since August 12th.
Here’s what I’ve done so far:
  1. I’ve spoken to a Tier 2 officer twice, and both times my expedite request due to severe financial loss was denied. My Infopass appointments were also unsuccessful for the same reason—no evidence supporting expedite or Infopass.
  2. My employer, who is also a lawyer (I work in a legal field), wrote a very supportive letter asking for an expedite due to the severe financial impact on both me and the company. I sent this letter to a congressperson, a senator, the Miami Field Office, and the White House.
  3. I submitted inquiries to the senator, congressperson, and the White House.
  4. Based on advice from @Joy_76 (thank you!), I submitted an inquiry to schedule an Infopass appointment based on Emergecny Parol.
Results:
  • I met in person with a caseworker from the congressperson's office, as they hadn’t been responding to my emails and calls. They submitted my employer’s letter to USCIS and told me to wait for a response.
  • The White House responded that they’ve received my inquiry and forwarded it to USCIS.
  • Infopass advised me to submit expedite request.
  • I called USCIS today, and my Tier 2 expedite request was denied once again.
At this point, I’m really frustrated. It’s been over a month since my interview, and I still haven’t received any updates. If anyone has any suggestions on what more I can do, I’d really appreciate it.

Hello folks, today I got response from my congressman office (they rejected it)

End of the story.

Same results with e-request to expedite my case...

View attachment 5159
I’m sorry that your congressperson isn’t helpful. Their duty is actually to help constituents liaise with federal agencies NOT just liaise with them when cases are outside of processing times.

I would move onto the Senator or other House of Representative if you have one.

Hi! I had my interview on August 12th at the Miami Field Office. The officer mentioned that everything looked good and told me to contact USCIS if I didn't hear anything within 30 days. However, I haven’t received any updates on my case status since my biometrics on June 16th. My EAD expired on September 3rd, and I’ve been on unpaid leave from my job since August 12th.
  1. I’ve spoken to a Tier 2 officer twice, and both times my expedite request due to severe financial loss was denied. My Infopass appointments were also unsuccessful for the same reason—no evidence supporting expedite or Infopass.
  2. My employer, who is also a lawyer (I work in a legal field), wrote a very supportive letter asking for an expedite due to the severe financial impact on both me and the company. I sent this letter to a congressperson, a senator, the Miami Field Office, and the White House.
  4. Based on advice from @Joy_76 (thank you!), I submitted an inquiry to schedule an Infopass appointment based on Emergecny Parol.
Results:
  • I met in person with a caseworker from the congressperson's office, as they hadn’t been responding to my emails and calls. They submitted my employer’s letter to USCIS and told me to wait for a response.
  • The White House responded that they’ve received my inquiry and forwarded it to USCIS.
At this point, I’m really frustrated. It’s been over a month since my interview, and I still haven’t received any updates. If anyone has any suggestions on what more I can do, I’d really appreciate it.
At the interview, did they mention that background check was still waiting to clear? I’m wondering if that’s the hold up.

I think you’ve done everything you can, so you should feel good about that.

The prompts via congressperson and White House, may make USCIS open your file again and approve. You could get updates at any time, so hold out hope (even though it’s frustrating and you don’t feel hopeful).

Hello and thanks in advance i am in final stage but it seems won’t make it, I did already biometrics but they told me I have to wait for background check done in my country ,and it’s been 1 week already and no answer, my question is do they know is urgent because there is a deadline, or they just check as for any other visa ?
Everything is paid I talked to congressman and nothing else they can do until background check comes
Yes, they are aware of the urgency attached to the case. While USCIS typically work with applicable agencies at expediting DV based AOS cases stuck in background check clearance, there's not much else they can do outside of that while the clearance for such cases are still pending. Part of the stuck up has to do with the applicant's chargeability country as a matter of fact, as such countries tend to not easily cooperate with the US government in terms of providing information about their citizens. Iran is a typical example.

Results:
Like I just responded to the post above yours, USCIS is aware of the urgency attached to the DV based AOS cases. While they typically work with the applicable agencies at expediting DV based AOS cases stuck in background check clearance, there's not much else they can do outside of that while the clearance for such cases are still pending. Such cases simply cannot be approved without the background check being cleared. The scrutiny attached to immigration applications in terms of background checks is much more deeper than those of NIV applications.

You've done everything you can humanly do at this point IMO, and all I can do is to encourage you to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Hey everyone - quick update from background check limbo. My case still has no news since the interview on Sep 5 and USCIS online status still shows « fingerprints were taken » on Aug 8.

I have reached out to my congresswoman office. They were very nice and quick in getting a USCIS status update (in 2 days!). However, the USCIS reply was pretty standard - case is still pending background check clearance. Their reply said « In some cases, the results of these checks require USCIS to perform additional inquiries or consult with other government agencies. »

I have also requested a Tier 2 callback - no reply yet.
Hang in there. keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. It sucks to be stuck in background check clearance. As already stated above, USCIS is aware of the urgency attached to the DV based AOS cases. While they typically work with the applicable agencies at expediting DV based AOS cases stuck in background check clearance, there's not much else they can do outside of that while the clearance for such cases are still pending.

Hello folks, today I got response from my congressman office (they rejected it)

End of the story.

Same results with e-request to expedite my case...

View attachment 5159
It is not necessarily end of story IMO. Your FO is aware your application is DV base. They are aware of the sun-set factor associated with DV based cases which subsequently requires the need to expedite such cases. They expedite as their work schedule permits. So hang in there. Meanwhile you can contact your Senator if your congress-person is not willing to render case follow-up assistance at this point.

I’m sorry that your congressperson isn’t helpful. Their duty is actually to help constituents liaise with federal agencies NOT just liaise with them when cases are outside of processing times.

I would move onto the Senator or other House of Representative if you have one.
Each congressperson has the discretion of determining when and how to initiate an agency inquiry on behalf of their constituents.

Hi mom does it mean we who have interview on the 25th will not be granted a visa
I cannot speculate as to what may or could happen. Of course, if you're able to connect with your FO to request an earlier interview date, you should look into that.

p.s. it would be nice if you could add your case progress to the Timeline spreadsheet.

Hello everyone and Mom.
Today I went to FO again. I talked to IO, he assured me that everything has already been approved on his part and he is waiting for a response from the FBI.
The FBI is checking my name and it's not the same as the background. In any case, there is not enough time and I called the FBI and asked what I could do. They advised me to request acceleration through my congressman. I did it
Now I really can't do anything else except pray and keep my fingers crossed