• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi everyone - this morning I have received an email reply to my expedite request that had same boilerplate info re pending background check. Pretty upset with lack of good news and concerned something went off the rails during the check process. Cant think of anything that would generate a national security flag or name check hit.
I'm sorry your expedite request did not return any good news yet. I however would like to point out the response re pending background check is not boilerplate response though, it is in alignment with what you were told at the end of your interview.

Morning everyone! Finally, my wife woke me up to the good news today! My and my wife's status changed to "new card being produced". We are so grateful for this group and everyone who helped throughout our process, especially @Sm1smom . I hope those who are waiting will get their cards approved very soon. After a long stressful and frustrating wait, we are so happy to share this news with you all. Here are some of the updates on our timeline:
07/21 - Package delivered to lockbox
08/06 - Fingerprints taken
09/03 - Sent congressional inquiry (no response from that so far)
09/16 - Sent senatorial inquiry (no response)
09/18 - Sent White House inquiry (no response)
09/19 - Drove 3 hours to the Kansas City FO, but could not get in.
09/19 - FO responded to our e-request with a standard "case within normal processing times".
09/23 - We sent a mail to the FO with a request letter for expedite, our case details, and printout of the USCIS manual chapter 4 about adjusting before Sep. 30, and a screenshot of Curtis Morrison's tweet about visa ending on August 23rd.
09/24 - Our cases were updated to "new card is being produced" on our online accounts. So, the interview was waived.

I hope for everyone waiting to get their approval very soon. Thank you all for making this journey less chaotic .
Hello Kerven,
Was your mail delivered to FO when your cases were updated?

Hi Selbi,

Yes, mail was delivered at around 3pm yesterday, Monday. Our case was updated this morning, Tuesday. I don't know if it was the kicker or not though.
It was just a coincidence, the mail had nothing to do with the update. The mail hasn’t even made its way the IO as of now, probably still sitting in an inbox waiting to be sorted and processed for in the mail room.

I think most people got hit with pending background check that's why it's taking a long time for most AOS cases from what I see usually the background check takes from 30-120 days is what I know from general information but DV AOS cases are expedited even then it can take a while.
Background check clearance does not necessarily take 30-120 days for most people filing other AOS based based. Majority tend to clear the background check within a matter of days regardless of the basis of the AOS filing. The background check is initiated as soon as the biometric appointment gets completed. What causes the prolonged delay varies based on what the initial check for each applicant reveals.

Morning everyone! Finally, my wife woke me up to the good news today! My and my wife's status changed to "new card being produced". We are so grateful for this group and everyone who helped throughout our process, especially @Sm1smom . I hope those who are waiting will get their cards approved very soon. After a long stressful and frustrating wait, we are so happy to share this news with you all. Here are some of the updates on our timeline:
07/21 - Package delivered to lockbox
08/06 - Fingerprints taken
09/03 - Sent congressional inquiry (no response from that so far)
09/16 - Sent senatorial inquiry (no response)
09/18 - Sent White House inquiry (no response)
09/19 - Drove 3 hours to the Kansas City FO, but could not get in.
09/19 - FO responded to our e-request with a standard "case within normal processing times".
09/23 - We sent a mail to the FO with a request letter for expedite, our case details, and printout of the USCIS manual chapter 4 about adjusting before Sep. 30, and a screenshot of Curtis Morrison's tweet about visa ending on August 23rd.
09/24 - Our cases were updated to "new card is being produced" on our online accounts. So, the interview was waived.

I hope for everyone waiting to get their approval very soon. Thank you all for making this journey less chaotic .
I told you your interview would be waived :).Congratulations!

Congratulations for everyone. For my case, I went to Dallas office but they didn't allow me to go inside but they told me I can request infopass to request appointment. I have done that no one call me yet. I talked with congressman assistant, he said he is waiting for finish the process for my case and they told him we have all the documents we need after i submit police clearanceand other documents.
I don't think so it is going to work out as the time goes. I lose my hope.

Congratulations for everyone. For my case, I went to Dallas office but they didn't allow me to go inside but they told me I can request infopass to request appointment. I have done that no one call me yet. I talked with congressman assistant, he said he is waiting for finish the process for my case and they told him we have all the documents we need after i submit police clearanceand other documents.
I don't think so it is going to work out as the time goes. I lose my hope.
Remember it can all change within a matter of minutes. It’s hard when you don’t know what’s happening in the background - but they are likely working on clearing whatever checks they need.

Fingers crossed for you.

Hi all
A quick update on my walk in yesterday. We had our interview scheduled for the 25th of this month and due to the tweet from Curtis we got really scared. I was the main applicant and my wife was the beneficiary. I have been in the USA for 10yrs with a pending asylum. I came in with a B2 visa and have had not status since then. We were really frustrated with my case pending and last year my wife decided to give it a shot for the DV lottery. Luckily enough we were randomly selected with me been the main applicant. We had a very high case number and everybody kept telling us that we will not make it. We kept our fingers crossed and September VB came and we were current. But we still didn't believe we could make it because we just had two months left. We filled late July and August 2nd was our priority date. On the 08/09/24 fingerprint were applied to my case and my wife's fingerprint were scheduled for 08/27/24. September 10th we received our interview letter scheduled for the 25th of same month. After reading and watching brittsimoms YouTube video about the visa exhaustion and the DV program ending on the 23rd, we started developing other strategies. Considering the fact that i have been in a the US that long I was so worried to loose this opportunity. On 09/18/2024 we decided to try our luck for a walk-in. We arrived at the FO at 10am and went directly to the security check. The lady saw our IL and didn't see the date and asked my wife if we had interview today and my wife said yes. She allowed us pass and when we got at the check in desk we explained our problems to the guy that was there and showed him the tweet and he immediately called for a supervisor. When she came ( very nice woman) she asked if she could take a picture of the tweet we said said and she said they are not aware of that but we should follow her so she can see what to do to help us. Luckily enough the officer handling our file was present and didn't have much to do. She then called us and said we will do our interview yesterday same day. The interview was brief and she told us that our case was already approved at the level of DOH because they saw that we were eligible. She said she didn't even know why we had to came for an interview. She immediately approved our case and in our presence and showed us in the system that it was approved and she ordered the card already. She said there was already a visa allocated to our case and even if we came on the 30th of this month they would have been a visa for us. So as of yesterday our GC is been produced and we are super happy. Please for those still waiting with interview letters try walk-ins. One this she told us that helped our case is that me and my wife have never violated our status and and good background check. We own our own businesses and have employees and pay alot of taxes so that really contributed to our eligibility. Thanks everyone for the contributions even though some were really stressful when you read them.
I’m really glad for your family. Can you say what you write in the 27? Out of status or pending asylum?

Hello Good People,
I have been scheduled for my interview on 26th September, 8:00 am. However, I have seen some people saying that the Visas are exhausting on 23rd September and DV 2024 shall close that same day. How true is that information? Do I stand any chance of reaching 26th before Visa exhaustion?
Thank you.
Looks like they will still have visas on the 26th!

Hi all,

I got a call from my FO this morning around 9:30 asking if I can come to the office this afternoon for an interview. I jumped on the opportunity and said YES, even though I had a day full of meetings until 4:30.

I went back to my house took my papers and picked my kids from school to attend the interview.

Finally everything went well, my interview last for around 1h for me and my kids. I informed the officer that my spouse is abroad, I asked if he can transfer my case there for FTJ.

When we got back home, I checked on USCIS and the card is being produced for all of us.

I want to think everyone in this forum.
Without this forum and all the materials I wouldn’t be able to complete the process on time, in only 32 days.

Package delivery day : 08/23
Bio date : 09/10
Order produce card day : 09/24

The spreadsheet has more details on the case and how I handled it. The name is Torie

Last edited:
Hi all,

I got a call from my FO this morning around 9:30 asking if I can come to the office this afternoon for an interview. I jumped on the opportunity and said YES, even though I had a day full of meetings until 4:30.

I went back to my house take my papers and pick my kids from school to attend to the interview.

Finally everything went well, my interview last for around 1h for me and my kids. I informed the officer that my spouse is abroad, I asked if he can transfer my case there for FTJ.

When we got back home, I checked on USCIS and the card is being produced for all of us.

I want to think everyone in this forum.
Without this forum and all the materials I wouldn’t be able to complete the process on time, in only 32 days.

Package delivery day : 08/23
Bio date : 09/10
Order produce card day : 09/24

The spreadsheet has more details on the case and how I handled it. The name is Torie
Congratulations!!

As a last ditch effort, I’ll submit another expedite request to USCIS tonight and hopefully someone acts on it and reach out to the local field office in Tucson. My background check is probably still pending and that’s all there is but I just want to make sure that my case didn’t slip through the cracks for whatever reason. Wish me and all others who are waiting the best of luck!

As a last ditch effort, I’ll submit another expedite request to USCIS tonight and hopefully someone acts on it and reach out to the local field office in Tucson. My background check is probably still pending and that’s all there is but I just to make sure that my case didn’t slip through the cracks for whatever reason. Wish me and all others who are waiting the best of luck!
Same here. I also submitted the expedited request this morning. Hope we all hear good news soon!

Hey everyone,

say if a case gets denied does it reflect on the USCIS online account or do we only know when we receive a paper mail "Notice of denial" from USCIS.