• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom,
I just wanted to let you know that in the page related to AOS package in the spreadsheet, the current edition of the I485 is mentioned as 2/21/2023, which may be confusing for applicants.
Unfortunately, I applied with that version, but I guess, they accepted it since I got the biometric appointment and confirmation number in May, but I wanted to let you know to change it if possible.

Hi Mom,
I just wanted to let you know that in the page related to AOS package in the spreadsheet, the current edition of the I485 is mentioned as 2/21/2023, which may be confusing for applicants.
Unfortunately, I applied with that version, but I guess, they accepted it since I got the biometric appointment and confirmation number in May, but I wanted to let you know to change it if possible.
That's just a sample for us, and everyone should download the latest version from the official website. It is not feasible to keep this document updated.

That's just a sample for us, and everyone should download the latest version from the official website. It is not feasible to keep this document updated.
Do you think there will be a problem for me regarding that? I did a month ago, but I did not received any update after bio update.

Hi Mom,
I have a question. My wife and I are in AOS process (I am the main applicant and my wife is dependent), we sent our application in May and did Bio. Now, my wife wants to apply for a personal loan, do you think this may affect on our process?
Thanks

Hi Mom,
I have a question. My wife and I are in AOS process (I am the main applicant and my wife is dependent), we sent our application in May and did Bio. Now, my wife wants to apply for a personal loan, do you think this may affect on our process?
Thanks
It shouldn’t.

Hi Mom,
While I’m guessing you most likely did not intend to sound accusatory, the truth is your post certainly comes across as such.

Accusatory posts (quite a bit of which has been experienced in this forum in the past as a matter of fact) makes it difficult for us to keep on helping folks like we do here. It is one thing to point out inaccurate or out of date information on the spreadsheet (which is a generally welcomed feedback), it is another thing for someone to imply they’ve been misinformed or misled by the information in this forum or othe the spreadsheet, if at the end of the day they either hit a road block, or end up not getting approved.

While I’m guessing you most likely did not intend to sound accusatory, the truth is your post certainly comes across as such.

Accusatory posts (quite a bit of which has been experienced in this forum in the past as a matter of fact) makes it difficult for us to keep on helping folks like we do here. It is one thing to point out inaccurate or out of date information on the spreadsheet (which is a generally welcomed feedback), it is another thing for someone to imply they’ve been misinformed or misled by the information in this forum or othe the spreadsheet, if at the end of the day they either hit a road block, or end up not getting approved.

I’m so sorry if my previous message came across as accusatory. That wasn’t my intention at all. I just wanted to provide feedback and didn’t mean misinform. I really appreciate your work and time. I completely understand that it is everyone responsibility to check their documents. I just wanted to help those who are going to file in the future.
Again, please accept my apologies. I appreciate your help and support.

I’m so sorry if my previous message came across as accusatory. That wasn’t my intention at all. I just wanted to provide feedback and didn’t mean misinform. I really appreciate your work and time. I completely understand that it is everyone responsibility to check their documents. I just wanted to help those who are going to file in the future.
Again, please accept my apologies. I appreciate your help and support.
It's okay. I know that was not your intention.

Hey everyone, I just completed my interview at the NYC FO (Federal Plaza) where the IO verbally approved my case :D
I will write another post with my interview experience.

I checked my online case status about half an hour later. I got two new updates on my case:

July 16, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
July 16, 2024 Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

Can I say I am clear now that I received the CPO update? Sometimes I see the I-485 approval update with some folks too.

Hello Mom, is it too late to switch to AOS (I have an immigrant visa) or should I wait for CP because my case number is low in the queue? My case number is SA32XX at the PTS embassy.

Hey everyone, I just completed my interview at the NYC FO (Federal Plaza) where the IO verbally approved my case :D
I will write another post with my interview experience.

I checked my online case status about half an hour later. I got two new updates on my case:

July 16, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
July 16, 2024 Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

Can I say I am clear now that I received the CPO update? Sometimes I see the I-485 approval update with some folks too.
You're officially clear when you receive the plastic GC in the mail.

Hello Mom, is it too late to switch to AOS (I have an immigrant visa) or should I wait for CP because my case number is low in the queue? My case number is SA32XX at the PTS embassy.
Considering you're not currently in the US, I'm sorry I cannot discuss anything AOS related with you about your case.

p.s. you do not have an immigrant visa, you probably have a non-immigrant visa. An immigrant visa is the visa that leads to your been admitted into the US as a LPR.

Hello everyone,
Is this the standard interview letter issued? I received it in the mail yesterday. Thanks to everyone in this forum for helping me reach this point. Do I need to undergo another medical examination and bring it to the interview, considering I didn't get the updated COVID booster during my previous medical? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2922.jpg
    IMG_2922.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 36
Considering you're not currently in the US, I'm sorry I cannot discuss anything AOS related with you about your case.

p.s. you do not have an immigrant visa, you probably have a non-immigrant visa. An immigrant visa is the visa that leads to your been admitted into the US as a LPR.
Sorry, I said immigrant in error. Thank you for responding.

Hello everyone,
Is this the standard interview letter issued? I received it in the mail yesterday. Thanks to everyone in this forum for helping me reach this point. Do I need to undergo another medical examination and bring it to the interview, considering I didn't get the updated COVID booster during my previous medical? Thanks
Congratulations on getting your interview scheduled. What you have is a generic IL from your FO. You do not need to undergo another medical exam. However, if you want to be fully prepared for a just in case situation, take the COVID booster shot and take the vaccine card along to your interview. You'll only present it if asked.

I reside in the US on an F1 visa and received my KCC letter for AOS but never paid the DV fee, I only traveled recently. Who should I ask?

Hi @Sm1smom and all,

There is an update to the Chapter 2 Eligibility requirements. as of today (July 16, 2024).

I think USCIS is kidding me or those who got denial because of the early filing. Check the Finland example in the table at the end of 4. Reading the Visa Bulletin Charts for DV Adjustment of Status. They clearly say we can do early filing! (facepalm)

Last edited:

I reside in the US on an F1 visa and received my KCC letter for AOS but never paid the DV fee, I only traveled recently. Who should I ask?
Your posts seem contradictory. Did you say you were doing CP or AOS when you filled in the DS260? You would only have to “wait for CP” of that is what you indicated on your DS260 (and you would not get scheduled for a consular interview if you indicated you were doing AOS).

Okay, I seem to recall you previously asked about switching from AOS to CP back in January while you were still in the US. Did you contact KCC to request the processing switch?

Anyway, I have no idea as to if it may be too late for you to switch back to AOS at this point, because I do not have a clear understanding of your situation. In order for you to successfully process AOS, KCC will need to not have sent your KCC file to your embassy for a CP interview. And if they already did, you will need to work directly with the embassy to have the file returned to the FO that will have jurisdiction over your AOS case. Plus, since it seems to me like you're not currently a US resident (based on a review of some of your past posts since your selection), the previous response which I provided you with in this post still applies.