• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

@Sm1smom
Last week I sent my husband’s Rfe response with Fedex and next day I saw that ıt was received.
But when I checked his online account I don’t see any Rfe request or no update “his response was received.”It only shows fingerprints are taken.
Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks for your help

@Sm1smom
Last week I sent my husband’s Rfe response with Fedex and next day I saw that ıt was received.
But when I checked his online account I don’t see any Rfe request or no update “his response was received.”It only shows fingerprints are taken.
Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks for your help
What you’re able to see is quite normal. Now you just have to wait.

Thanks! I already submitted normal or CP process right after I got selected. Do you think filing AOS with give me better chances or should i just stick with CP?
Nah, it is too late to process AOS in your situation. You are better off sticking with CP. Best of luck.

Congratulations on the approved cases. Yours may be waiting on background check clearance, the pending update has nothing to do with your SEVIS status still showing you active as F1, nor does it require some sort of coordination with your school. For now, continue to maintain your F1 status until you’ve received your GC, just like @Xarthisius already recommended above.
Dear Mom,
My wife and daughter received their Green Cards and approval letters (thanks once again), but my case haven't been updated yet. I extended my OPT for another two years before applying for Green Card, so no issues to maintain the status.
However, I have a fear that USCIS messed up with my application and these are the signs of it:
1) My Daughter's approval letter has earlier date then my wife's (principal applicant). The date of my wife's approval notice is later than Green Card's issue date (I saw this can be the case though).
2) I have just extended my OPT through USCIS and it took only 3 weeks (it was in April, I paid for Premium proccessing). There were no questions to me.
3) In June there was a status of my application "we are pausing work on your application until the time when visa is availible to you". I remember you said it seemed like they were ready to proccess it. What if they just "forgot" to unpause it.
4) If it was background check I would expect RFE or something. I have an assumption that my first degree in Physics and my Russian passport could trigger the additional check, but for example if I had applied through embassy, they would have requested the list of Publications from me. Nothing like that yet.

Anyway, is there a way for me somehow to figure out if they delay is due to background check or something else? Like send them request or something?
Thank you

Dear Mom,
My wife and daughter received their Green Cards and approval letters (thanks once again), but my case haven't been updated yet. I extended my OPT for another two years before applying for Green Card, so no issues to maintain the status.
However, I have a fear that USCIS messed up with my application and these are the signs of it:
1) My Daughter's approval letter has earlier date then my wife's (principal applicant). The date of my wife's approval notice is later than Green Card's issue date (I saw this can be the case though).
2) I have just extended my OPT through USCIS and it took only 3 weeks (it was in April, I paid for Premium proccessing). There were no questions to me.
3) In June there was a status of my application "we are pausing work on your application until the time when visa is availible to you". I remember you said it seemed like they were ready to proccess it. What if they just "forgot" to unpause it.
4) If it was background check I would expect RFE or something. I have an assumption that my first degree in Physics and my Russian passport could trigger the additional check, but for example if I had applied through embassy, they would have requested the list of Publications from me. Nothing like that yet.

Anyway, is there a way for me somehow to figure out if they delay is due to background check or something else? Like send them request or something?
Thank you
I don't think anyone messed up your application or forgot to un-pause it. Both you and your spouse got the case paused updates, your spouse (as the main selectee) has subsequently been approved. That tells me your delay is background check clearance related. AOSers typically do not get RFEs background check clearance APs. You can initiate a congressional case inquiry at this point if you like.

Good afternoon. I would like to know if I can file my dv lotery. Today was released the visa bulletin for September and it is until 5000 and my case number is SA5254. Should I file it now or wait until September? Should I file it together with the memorandum? Im in USA as F1 student and my family too.

Good afternoon. I would like to know if I can file my dv lotery. Today was released the visa bulletin for September and it is until 5000 and my case number is SA5254. Should I file it now or wait until September? Should I file it together with the memorandum? Im in USA as F1 student and my family too.
5254 is above 5000 cutoff. You cannot file neither now, nor ever. You can forget about DV24 and move on.

Unfortunately, your CN is above the cutoff number for September, which means you cannot move ahead with processing your DV selection at this point. I’m sorry, but this is the end of the road for you as a DV 2024 selectee.

Unfortunately, your CN is above the cutoff number for September, which means you cannot move ahead with processing your DV selection at this point. I’m sorry, but this is the end of the road for you as a DV 2024 selectee.
Hey Simon! Thank you for all your work and help that you are giving us. What do you think about my case EU44XXX. what are my chances

Hello @Sm1smom,
I'm planning to early file an AOS as soon as possible. What I just found is that my kid's i94 expires in August 2, 2024 as their passports expires in August 3,2024. I'm on H1B and it expires 07/2025 and my kids are on H4. What should I do in this scenario ? Thanks in advance !

Hello @Sm1smom,
I'm planning to early file an AOS as soon as possible. What I just found is that my kid's i94 expires in August 2, 2024 as their passports expires in August 3,2024. I'm on H1B and it expires 07/2025 and my kids are on H4. What should I do in this scenario ? Thanks in advance !
As long as you all file before their current I-94 expires (and the packages get accepted by the Lockbox before the expiration), they should be fine. As for what you need to do after that, re renewing their passports and getting their I-94 updated, I cannot help you with that.