• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, thanks, I somehow missed your reply.

Actually, I just got an interview scheduled for October! Thanks for your assistance!
Hey john, if you dont mind me asking. When did you get the second notice and what region did you apply from? Congrats as well!

What did you see that is different from what you were used to seeing?
Disregard what I said, it seems that is the statistical data that they give from each country of the regions. No bulletin has been posted yet.

Last edited:
Disregard what I said, it seems that is the statistical data that they give from each country of the regions. No bulletin has been posted yet.
The current new VB actually has the cutoff numbers for October, so not sure what you mean by no bulletin has been posted yet.

Question: does one paper passed at advance level/ or just presenting your certificate with one paper passed count as valid document for High Level Qualification?

Hello Forum,

I was selected in the DV2024 with case number of OC00046XX. First time applicant, applied towards end of Oct 2022. I read there are a lot more Oceania selected cases for 2024.

1) Is there a chance to be selected for interview given I am an Australian citizen the numbers of selected AUs are 795 vs Fiji 2963, as posted by BritSimon
2) What is your advice on completing DS260 now, vs continuing to look to get an E3?

Thanks a lot for sharing your insights! :)

Question: does one paper passed at advance level/ or just presenting your certificate with one paper passed count as valid document for High Level Qualification?
This question is too generic or vague for it to generate any useful response. Plus, I believe you already went through this process yourself, so you should have an idea of how to demonstrate if one meets the educational requirements or not.

Hello Forum,

I was selected in the DV2024 with case number of OC00046XX. First time applicant, applied towards end of Oct 2022. I read there are a lot more Oceania selected cases for 2024.

1) Is there a chance to be selected for interview given I am an Australian citizen the numbers of selected AUs are 795 vs Fiji 2963, as posted by BritSimon
2) What is your advice on completing DS260 now, vs continuing to look to get an E3?

1. Where you're from within the OC region is irrelevant to being scheduled for an interview. Your CN becoming current (regardless of if you're from or chargeable to Australia, or Fiji) is what determines if and when the interview gets scheduled.
2. I have no advice on this. It is your call.

Hello Dear friends, I'm selected at DV2024 and I have a very low CN but my worry is at the sponsor level I would like to know the amount of money estimated that the living sponsor in the United States must have to support me financially. Please pray to answer me dear friends that concerns me a lot.

Hello Dear friends, I'm selected at DV2024 and I have a very low CN but my worry is at the sponsor level I would like to know the amount of money estimated that the living sponsor in the United States must have to support me financially. Please pray to answer me dear friends that concerns me a lot.
The demonstrated amount depends on the number of people in your sponsor's household plus yours. You can use this 2023 Poverty Guidelines for Affidavit of Support link to determine the applicable income for your sponsor.

What are the chances of being rejected at the interview? Have you hear of cases of being rejected at the interview? Why?

What are the chances of being rejected at the interview? Have you hear of cases of being rejected at the interview? Why?

Rejections are for failing to follow the instructions (such as not including spouse/children on the initial entry) or for not meeting the requirements in education (or work experience as an alternative ).

Other reasons are less common.

Background checking can, in some cases, put a case at risk, mainly for people from certain Middle East countries, or certain professions.

I always say it's pretty hard to be rejected in this process.

Hello Forum,

Hi,

We are currently E3 holders who got selected for DV2024 with OC16xx.

I have decided to hold off on submitting DS-260 until closer to potential case number becoming current. As the DS-260 shows intent to immigrant, I would think that MAY hinder future E3 applications (as E3 is non-immigrant) if your case number doesn’t get called.

I haven’t heard of anyone personally being denied but I have read concerns about this on other forums. Also your case number is quite high, I’d be watching the visa bulletin in the next few months to see how fast it’s progressing.

Are you planning on applying via AOS or CP?

Thanks Meg, Yes, this was my concern. I am in AU so I'd apply via CP.

In any case, I extracted the Bulletin data published over 2022/23 for Oceania (minus PNG, Solomon Islands etc). Here are historical data with minor variation based on omitted countries. *(Rounding up totals to make up for the omission.)

Roughly ~1060* visas were issued in Oceania in FY22, so far in FY23 about 610* would be issued. Rate of issuance in last few months seems to pick up in FY22, AU candidates likely to get more. Lets see if this trend plays out in July-Sept 2023.
Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 10.37.42 am.png
I saw some other data that 461 DVs were issued in AU in FY22, so perhaps there are some other circumstances or data that are missing in the PDFs I looked at. Brit posted that 795 candidates were selected in AU for DV2024, so the selected CNs may be higher this year.

Does anyone know what was the top Oceania CN in FY23 (last year)?

Last edited:
Thanks Meg, Yes, this was my concern. I am in AU so I'd apply via CP.

In any case, I extracted the Bulletin data published over 2022/23 for Oceania (minus PNG, Solomon Islands etc). Here are historical data with minor variation based on omitted countries. *(Rounding up totals to make up for the omission.)

Roughly ~1060* visas were issued in Oceania in FY22, so far in FY23 about 610* would be issued. Rate of issuance in last few months seems to pick up in FY22, AU candidates likely to get more. Lets see if this trend plays out in July-Sept 2023.
View attachment 4327
I saw some other data that 461 DVs were issued in AU in FY22, so perhaps there are some other circumstances or data that are missing in the PDFs I looked at. Brit posted that 795 candidates were selected in AU for DV2024, so the selected CNs may be higher this year.

I do believe that the timeline for submitting DS260 for the CP process does matter more so than for the AOS process. I guess it's just something to keep in mind with your high CN. As I currently reside in the US, it's super important that I don't jeopardize our E3 or potential to get E3 in the future by showing immigration intent. I'm not sure your situation or future plans if you're unable to get a green card via DV.

As to your other figures, I'm not a numbers person so have no idea about the # of DVs issued, etc. I'd refer to BritSimon and Sm1smom for that.

Roughly ~1060* visas were issued in Oceania in FY22,
There were exactly 1,195 visas issued for OC in FY22, out of which exactly 500 were issued for Australia [1]
Brit posted that 795 candidates were selected in AU for DV2024
On its own that number doesn't mean much. You should consider region as a whole.
2023OC2843

[1] https://travel.state.gov/content/da...lReports/FY2022AnnualReport/FY22_TableVII.pdf

Thanks Xarthisius and Meg!

Meg - so you're on E3, and you don't want to apply for DS260, right?

Brit's video on large case numbers is a great explainer for the anxiety related to high case numbers, and why the selected CN can vary significantly. There may be higher % of holes and a lot more entries without passports that are disqualified.

Data is here for those interested:
[1] Historical Data, Brit Simon: britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/
[2] CEAC Data, Xarthisius: dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY22.html
[3] Large Case numbers, Brit Simon: youtu.be/ZQaG26L7-CE

I'm just getting acquainted to the data and interpretations. Apologies for any misquotes.

Do we know as yet the total number of DV visas that would be allocated in OC in FY2024? :rolleyes:

Last edited: