• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

DV2022 reported cases from your same FO received the IL about two months from package acceptance by the Lockbox, your timeline shows you’ve waited longer than they did. Your package was delivered in Dec. 2022, you can initiate a congressional case follow up assistance at this point.
Thanks for the reply mom. Once we called the 800 number the automatic response was they have completed and review of our fingerprints and working on our application at the National Benefits Center. My question is about where our case is. Is it being worked on by the Oklahoma City field office or NBC? Thank you

Thanks for the reply mom. Once we called the 800 number the automatic response was they have completed and review of our fingerprints and working on our application at the National Benefits Center. My question is about where our case is. Is it being worked on by the Oklahoma City field office or NBC? Thank you
If you've completed your bio appointment, you case should be at your FO by now. Ignore what you were told about it being at the NBC.

Hi
how do we get to know whether our interview is waved? Do we get a letter from USCIS stating that or an update on the USCIS case status page? Thank you.

Hi
how do we get to know whether our interview is waved? Do we get a letter from USCIS stating that or an update on the USCIS case status page? Thank you.
You will receive your approval letter (if your case is approved).

Hi mom,
I have done -with my family which is in total five members-the biometric on March 7th. My case status was updated to"As of March 7, 2023, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC23902xxxx, have been applied to your case" but still are not updated for my family members. Is there anything I should do?
Thanks
Amal

Hi
If the interview goes s waived, you’ll see CPO (Card Production Ordered) update when you check your case status online and will subsequently receive the approval letter shortly after that.

Hi mom,
I have done -with my family which is in total five members-the biometric on March 7th. My case status was updated to"As of March 7, 2023, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC23902xxxx, have been applied to your case" but still are not updated for my family members. Is there anything I should do?
Thanks
Amal
That’s quite normal. You don’t need to do anything.

You can call USCIS or initiate an online chat with an agent through Emma - they may be able to tell at this point if your daughter’s bio is scheduled and the notice or a waiver (seeing as she recently completed bio for something else) has been sent.
Dear Mom,

I've raised an inquiry via USCIS-CaseStatus@dhs.gov, asking about the case status. However, I received a response (U.S. Department of Homeland Security-San Antonio, TX 78258) stating "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.".

I received NOA on 15/02/2023 for more than a month. Should I be concerned or am I within the normal processing period (AS1XXX)?

Thank You.

Dear Mom,

I've raised an inquiry via USCIS-CaseStatus@dhs.gov, asking about the case status. However, I received a response (U.S. Department of Homeland Security-San Antonio, TX 78258) stating "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.".

I received NOA on 15/02/2023 for more than a month. Should I be concerned or am I within the normal processing period (AS1XXX)?

Thank You.
I had suggested initiating an online chat with Emma or calling the USCIS number to find out if the bio has been scheduled or not. I did not suggest raising an online inquiry for case status because (1) I know your daughter’s case is not at a stage where that option could be used, and (2), the response you’ll get from doing so would be a generic one like you received.

By the way which of these two FOs has jurisdiction over your daughter’s case: San Antonio, TX; or Dallas, TX? You have Dallas listed on the Timeline spreadsheet.

Hello All,

I hope you are doing great and hanging in there. I am updating this forum on the current status of my approved I-485 application. After getting interview waived following back and forth conversation with KCC for my KCC file, I got the New card being produced on March 3, then on march 6, I the status updated to case was approved. On March 10, I got the I797c action of approval notice in the mail. Fastforward, I had not received any news about the physical green card itself. But I was less nervous about this as I could see from the timeline that those who got approval had not received the green card itself. On March 13, i received the SSN card for myself and spouse but surprisingly still had the restriction note. Today, March 22nd I received an update that the physical green card was mailed and this usually means that I will receive it in the mail soon. As a note, if you have an approved I-485 but haven't received the card yet please be patient. Another note is I encourage you all to be proactive about the process as much as possible due to the time restrictions for DV Winners. I also want to thank @sms1smom for her support when the IO couldn't retrieve my KCC file. I am going to stay on the forum till the end of the fiscal year and answer as much questions as my strength and time can. This forum provided literally all the needed information for the AOS Process. I will remember to update the timeline when OI receive the physical card itself. Thank you and hang in there

hello,

i am writing regarding the april 2023 numbers released today. i know we can not predict however, im under Asia and my number is 21xxx, currently asia status shows as 18750 and has not moved not even till may. however why has the "except" section changed? if the total didnt. and from past experince, is it normal for asia not to move for 3 months straight? should i be worried?? if the numbers go current for june, what does that mean? do i still submit my adjustment of status? .... any words of motivation?

Hello,
I was talking to a lawyer and he told me that I should wait until I get an email telling me to send my aos package to do so. Is that true? Do people get notified when its their turn, or you should just send it regardless when your number becomes current?

Hello,
I was talking to a lawyer and he told me that I should wait until I get an email telling me to send my aos package to do so. Is that true? Do people get notified when its their turn, or you should just send it regardless when your number becomes current?
No one will send you any email asking you to send in your AOS package. And you don’t just send in the package either regardless of when your CN becomes current.

Did you go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet? It already has all the steps on what you need to do and when, just so you know.

No one will send you any email asking you to send in your AOS package. And you don’t just send in the package either regardless of when your CN becomes current.

Did you go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet? It already has all the steps on what you need to do and when, just so you know.
Yes that is why I was confused. Also I did go through the spreadsheet and from what I read, it says that I should send it as soon as my number is current. Did I misunderstand something?

hello,

i am writing regarding the april 2023 numbers released today. i know we can not predict however, im under Asia and my number is 21xxx, currently asia status shows as 18750 and has not moved not even till may. however why has the "except" section changed? if the total didnt. and from past experince, is it normal for asia not to move for 3 months straight? should i be worried?? if the numbers go current for june, what does that mean? do i still submit my adjustment of status? .... any words of motivation?
VB tracking has not been a priority for me, so I cannot hazard a guess as to why the except section of the AS region progressed while the whole of AS did not. You can spend some time on previous years’ VBs yourself and do a comparison to see if this has happened before or not. Yes you can still file for AOS if the region goes current in June (if you’re still interested in the process, of course). Probably not the best motivating response you’re seeking, it however is the best I can offer under the circumstances.

Yes that is why I was confused. Also I did go through the spreadsheet and from what I read, it says that I should send it as soon as my number is current. Did I misunderstand something?
No, the spreadsheet does not say you “should” send it as soon as your number becomes current. It says you “may”. Seeing as you’re still confused, my recommendation is to carefully go over that spreadsheet again. There are several tabs with useful information on the spreadsheet, you however might want to start with carefully going over the “FAQ” tab and the “AOS Process” tab - those two tabs should help clear the immediate confusion IMO.

VB tracking has not been a priority for me, so I cannot hazard a guess as to why the except section of the AS region progressed while the whole of AS did not. You can spend some time on previous years’ VBs yourself and do a comparison to see if this has happened before or not. Yes you can still file for AOS if the region goes current in June (if you’re still interested in the process, of course). Probably not the best motivating response you’re seeking, it however is the best I can offer under the circumstances.
first thank you for the reply mom, if you dont mind, whats the difference of waiting for your CN number to show on the VB if i can just send my AOS package when it goes current. what does the current status mean and if i can send when it goes current does that mean theyll acceppt my aos application ?

first thank you for the reply mom, if you dont mind, whats the difference of waiting for your CN number to show on the VB if i can just send my AOS package when it goes current. what does the current status mean and if i can send when it goes current does that mean theyll acceppt my aos application ?
Please go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet where everything has been explained. If your CN falls below the cutoff number in the VB, it means the number is current for the month it shows under. If the VB does not show a cutoff number but shows CURRENT for a region, that also means your CN (all the CNs) are current from that period.