• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi mom, since mailing the packages we have received i797C with Biometrics Schedule for both principal and derivative applicant. I assume those are the Biometric Letters. However, we have only received i797C which shows the case and fees received only for the principal applicant. We have not received one for the derivative. When checking online, both case statuses show fingerprint fee received.

1. Is this a common occurrence where just the principal received the NOA letter but both principal and derivative receive the Biometric one?
2. Could the NOA for the derivative arrive few days late?
3. Should we reach out to USCIS?
4. In addition to the q's above, should NOA have a priority date? The one received only shows notice date, received date and balance due / fees.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dear Mom,
May I Know what is the meaning of "NOA Letter" mentioned in the timeline sheet?
Is it the USCIS receipt number MSCXXXXXXXXXX? which we received on 16/02/2023? (However, no update on the case so far).

Dear Forum Members,
If there is, anyone who has sent an AOS package to Dallas Lockbox during February would appreciate if you could update your status here.

Thank you.
D

Dear Mom,
Is it the USCIS receipt number MSCXXXXXXXXXX? which we received on 16/02/2023? (However, no update on the case so far).

Dear Forum Members,
If there is, anyone who has sent an AOS package to Dallas Lockbox during February would appreciate if you could update your status here.

Thank you.
D
NOA Letter is the Notice of Action (I-797C) is the first thing you receive (beside the text message) after your package gets delivered and accepted.

I have sent my package to Dallas Lockbox on February 15th. I have all the updates on the spreadsheet.

NOA Letter is the Notice of Action (I-797C) is the first thing you receive (beside the text message) after your package gets delivered and accepted.

I have sent my package to Dallas Lockbox on February 15th. I have all the updates on the spreadsheet.
Thank you very much for the swift response. I see you have received the Bio Notice, which my daughter still needs to receive. Can I enquire about this? If so how? (She has already given Biometrics seven months back for her F1 visa, so maybe it's waived?)

Regards
D

Hi mom @Sm1smom

Answering the question on the form I-34 about the contribution intent…it’s better to not be specific or click on on the specific box ?

Attachments

• B653FBD5-62D4-4B30-B77C-FDA1A0284B11.png
    B653FBD5-62D4-4B30-B77C-FDA1A0284B11.png
    517 KB · Views: 11
Thank you very much for the swift response. I see you have received the Bio Notice, which my daughter still needs to receive. Can I enquire about this? If so how? (She has already given Biometrics seven months back for her F1 visa, so maybe it's waived?)

Regards
D
I chatted with a live agent through Emma. He informed me about my scheduled biometrics appointment and the next day I have received the letter. If you can talk to a live agent they probably can confirm or deny if the biometrics was waived.

Hi,
I filed my I-485 AOS package on January 6th 2023 to Phoenix Lockbox and had the biometric appointment on February 1st 2023. However, I didn't hear any updates after that. Our Field office is in Nashville but When I contacted the USCIS, the automatic response said they have completed the review of my fingerprints and working on my application at the National Benefits Center.
Unfortunately, my apartment lease ends in April and has to move to a different apartment. So, my question is
1) Is it possible/wise to change the address now? If so how to do it? Is there a chance to miss letters from USCIS by doing so?
Yes it is possible. Is it wise? Sometimes it is, sometimes it’s not. It is wise as USPS may refuse to deliver the mail if they’re able to tell you no longer reside at the apartment listed on your mail (that is if you do not update the address) and subsequently refuse to deliver the mail. Sometimes it’s not wise because despite the change of address, USCIS may still send your correspondence to the old address (despite your having changed the address), and you subsequently miss the correspondence as you will be expecting it at your new address. So yes, the possibility of missing USCIS correspondence is quite high if you move after sending in your AOS package.

Hi mom, since mailing the packages we have received i797C with Biometrics Schedule for both principal and derivative applicant. I assume those are the Biometric Letters. However, we have only received i797C which shows the case and fees received only for the principal applicant. We have not received one for the derivative. When checking online, both case statuses show fingerprint fee received.

1. Is this a common occurrence where just the principal received the NOA letter but both principal and derivative receive the Biometric one?
2. Could the NOA for the derivative arrive few days late?
3. Should we reach out to USCIS?
4. In addition to the q's above, should NOA have a priority date? The one received only shows notice date, received date and balance due / fees.

Thanks
1. No, that is not common. Each applicant receives a NOA directly addressed to them.
2. Yes it could arrive in the next couple of days. It could also be lost.
3. Yes, you should.
4. DV based applications have no priority date as there’s no underlying petition attached to them.

Dear Mom,

Dear Forum Members,

Thank you.
D

Regards
D
Receipt or non receipt of bio appointment or waiver is directly tied to the ASC with jurisdiction over your daughter’s application. Add her timeline to the Timeline spreadsheet to provide better insight into her case and to be able to receive appropriate guidance/response.

Hi,
I filed my I-485 AOS package on January 6th 2023 to Phoenix Lockbox and had the biometric appointment on February 1st 2023. However, I didn't hear any updates after that. Our Field office is in Nashville but When I contacted the USCIS, the automatic response said they have completed the review of my fingerprints and working on my application at the National Benefits Center.
Unfortunately, my apartment lease ends in April and has to move to a different apartment. So, my question is
1) Is it possible/wise to change the address now? If so how to do it? Is there a chance to miss letters from USCIS by doing so?
Hi,

Can I ask what questions specifically you asked USCIS to learn that they had finished reviewing your fingerprints and were working on your application at the National Benefits Center? I just wondered because they always gave me the same response. Thank you!

Receipt or non receipt of bio appointment or waiver is directly tied to the ASC with jurisdiction over your daughter’s application. Add her timeline to the Timeline spreadsheet to provide better insight into her case and to be able to receive appropriate guidance/response.
I have requested edit access for the timeline spreadsheet. Please approve.

Hi,

Can I ask what questions specifically you asked USCIS to learn that they had finished reviewing your fingerprints and were working on your application at the National Benefits Center? I just wondered because they always gave me the same response. Thank you!
I contacted USCIS using the 800 number but I could not get a live agent to talk. Instead, only the virtual assistant asked for my receipt number and gave the answer that I mentioned above. Thank you.

Yes it is possible. Is it wise? Sometimes it is, sometimes it’s not. It is wise as USPS may refuse to deliver the mail if they’re able to tell you no longer reside at the apartment listed on your mail (that is if you do not update the address) and subsequently refuse to deliver the mail. Sometimes it’s not wise because despite the change of address, USCIS may still send your correspondence to the old address (despite your having changed the address), and you subsequently miss the correspondence as you will be expecting it at your new address. So yes, the possibility of missing USCIS correspondence is quite high if you move after sending in your AOS package.
Thank you for the reply mom. I am also worried because when I looked at the 2022 timeline sheet there was only one case reported there with the Nashville FO and that case got the interview within one month after the biometrics appointment. Do you think I should wait a bit longer or should I start a case follow-up? Thank You.
Also, I would appreciate it if anyone whose FO is in Nashville can give any update regarding your timeline so far. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply mom. I am also worried because when I looked at the 2022 timeline sheet there was only one case reported there with the Nashville FO and that case got the interview within one month after the biometrics appointment. Do you think I should wait a bit longer or should I start a case follow-up? Thank You.
Also, I would appreciate it if anyone whose FO is in Nashville can give any update regarding your timeline so far. Thank you.
You can give it till the end of the month, I would say. Are you listed on the 2023 Timeline spreadsheet?

Dear Mom,

I have added the timeline. It has been a month since I received the Notice of Action (I797C) (02/15/2023). I have not received any notification related to Biometrics; however, I-797C stated, "If we determine you must submit Biometrics, we will mail you a biometric appointment notice with the time and place of your appointment."

What should I do to get an update on Biometrics?

Thank You.

Dear Mom,

I have added the timeline. It has been a month since I received the Notice of Action (I797C) (02/15/2023). I have not received any notification related to Biometrics; however, I-797C stated, "If we determine you must submit Biometrics, we will mail you a biometric appointment notice with the time and place of your appointment."

What should I do to get an update on Biometrics?

Thank You.
You can call USCIS or initiate an online chat with an agent through Emma - they may be able to tell at this point if your daughter’s bio is scheduled and the notice or a waiver (seeing as she recently completed bio for something else) has been sent.

@Nicdep I am also at Queens FO, current in October, Fingerprints in November (baileysmom_42 on the SS - I've requested my UN here be updated, but much like my DV Case, that has also been pending for a long time!).

I just contacted a live agent, and same response - My case is with the Queens FO and they are processing my case. I asked if it was typical for Queens processing times to be this long, and she said yes (although previous years, Queens seemed to be a relatively quick one).

I assume nothing has moved with your case recently either? Did you contact a congress person? I'm thinking it might be time to do that myself.
But I also have a sneaking suspicion that Queens is taking a leaf out of the Brooklyn FO playbook from past years, and plans to batch-process the cases (which would suck for all of us who were lucky to be current early!).
Hi @heatherc_42, thank you for your message!! Yes, still nothing from my end. I recently talked with live chat but they had no updates.
I contacted congress person but no response yet. I am losing hope I will ever get the interview at this point. Please let's stay in touch for any updates (if you like).

Best,
N.

@Sm1smom I guess that going to the Queens FO to ask will be a huge waste of time right??