• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi @heatherc_42, thank you for your message!! Yes, still nothing from my end. I recently talked with live chat but they had no updates.
I contacted congress person but no response yet. I am losing hope I will ever get the interview at this point. Please let's stay in touch for any updates (if you like).

Best,
N.

@Sm1smom I guess that going to the Queens FO to ask will be a huge waste of time right??
You can make an attempt at doing that, as long as you’re aware there’s no guarantee of being admitted into the building without an appointment.

Hi mom,

My doctor returned my I-693 and when reviewing the form copy I realised that a urine test for gonorrhea was not performed despite it being indicated on the form for ages >= 15. The CS is technically correct and following updated guidelines in 2021 that mean the test is generally no longer required for > 24 years if no reason to suspect (I fall into this case).

I'm wondering if, as with early filing, there's a similar risk of an FO not being up to date with this, seeing the non-updated form instructions, and sending RFEs etc. Can't see this issue in the spreadsheet so just wanted to ask:

Would you recommend asking the CS to re-do with the test, to be safe, or am I overthinking?

Hi mom,

My doctor returned my I-693 and when reviewing the form copy I realised that a urine test for gonorrhea was not performed despite it being indicated on the form for ages >= 15. The CS is technically correct and following updated guidelines in 2021 that mean the test is generally no longer required for > 24 years if no reason to suspect (I fall into this case).

I'm wondering if, as with early filing, there's a similar risk of an FO not being up to date with this, seeing the non-updated form instructions, and sending RFEs etc. Can't see this issue in the spreadsheet so just wanted to ask:

Would you recommend asking the CS to re-do with the test, to be safe, or am I overthinking?
Gonorrhea testing is mandatory for all applicants aged 18-24. Applicants under 18 or over 24 are only required to be tested for gonorrhea if there’s reason to suspect an infection. All the IOs are aware of this AFAIK. I’m yet to come across a RFE being issued for non testing of gonorrhea for an applicant under 18 or over 24.

Hello,

My CN is current in March and I submitted my package on March 13th. It was delivered on March 16th.
1-The next step is receiving an email that the package is accepted?
2-How long does that usually take?
3-Is there anything I need to do while waiting?
4-Is email the only/most common way for USCIS to contact us?

Hello,

My CN is current in March and I submitted my package on March 13th. It was delivered on March 16th.
1-The next step is receiving an email that the package is accepted?
2-How long does that usually take?
3-Is there anything I need to do while waiting?
4-Is email the only/most common way for USCIS to contact us?
1. I received a text, currently awaiting NOA in the mail with a Bio appointment.
2. I took two weeks after package delivery to the lockbox

Hey mom, Is there anyway to get a notification or an email instantly once a visa bulletin is out? I'm tired of refreshing the website page every second.
Thanks

I have a biometrics appointment next Monday at the North Dallas ASC and tried to walk in today at around 1:30pm without a success. It’s a long drive from our house, so I will not be trying another day or time. Will have to wait until the actual appointment.

Hey mom, Is there anyway to get a notification or an email instantly once a visa bulletin is out? I'm tired of refreshing the website page every second.
Thanks
There used to be a link for notification subscriptions on the bulletin in the past, I don’t know if it’s still there or not (even back then, some complained of not getting notifications following the subscriptions though). On a side note, I’m not sure why you’re checking for a new VB every couple of seconds. It’s not like you’ll be missing out on something if you’re not immediately informed when the new VB gets released. Save yourself from unnecessary stress by checking the website maybe like two to three times a day, if you can’t limit it to once.

1. No, that is not common. Each applicant receives a NOA directly addressed to them.
2. Yes it could arrive in the next couple of days. It could also be lost.
3. Yes, you should.
4. DV based applications have no priority date as there’s no underlying petition attached to them.
Thank you.

How long do you think I should give NOA letter before I reach out to USCIS? As noted derivative already received the i797C with biometric schedule on it.

Hi mom. I got a couple questions:
1. I received my Notice of Action today. Receipt number starts with MSC. Does that mean my case has officially been transferred from the lockbox to national benefit center.
2. Does having the national benefit center look at my documents mean that the lockbox accepted the application without any issues?

Thanks!
- DIESEL

Hi mom. I got a couple questions:
1. I received my Notice of Action today. Receipt number starts with MSC. Does that mean my case has officially been transferred from the lockbox to national benefit center.
2. Does having the national benefit center look at my documents mean that the lockbox accepted the application without any issues?

Thanks!
- DIESEL
1. Possibly.
2. Receiving the NOA means the Lockbox has officially accepted your AOS package.

S1mon,
Do you know if all AOS Application submissions are to be posted to the respective lockbox location or you have the option to send it to the USCIS Service Center , and if so how does one determine where to mail the completed I=485 forms.
Thanks

S1mon,
Do you know if all AOS Application submissions are to be posted to the respective lockbox location or you have the option to send it to the USCIS Service Center , and if so how does one determine where to mail the completed I=485 forms.
Thanks
See below for I-485 mailing address - your filing location is based on your home address:

Ok. Will reach out to them.

May I also ask if the text message also confirms case has been received similar to NOA?
While a text or email notification provides information about case acceptance, it does not serve the same purpose as the actual NOA itself.

Hi Mom & other members, my son completed his biometrics at Illinois on 10th March 2023. I would like to know when approx will be the next update from USCIS.... thanks in advance

Hi Mom & other members, my son completed his biometrics at Illinois on 10th March 2023. I would like to know when approx will be the next update from USCIS.... thanks in advance
I cannot predict approximately when the next update from USCIS will be, it could be anywhere between a couple of days, weeks, or months. I encourage you and your son to add his case updates to the 2023 AOS Timeline Spreadsheet - this is the spreadsheet used for progress tracking. You can in addition take a look at some of the past Timeline trackers (links to those are on the AOS Process Spreadsheet) - this can provide some insight into how long it took other applicants in your son's FO to complete the process.