• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

My wife has recently received her first dose of COVID-19 vaccination. However, given the fact that she will not be fully vaccinated by the time of the interview, is it recommended to reschedule the interview appointment until she's adequately vaccinated or should I proceed with booking medical exam and leave that to the panel physician to decide? In province of Quebec, there is an interval of 8 weeks or more between the first and second dose, which means an appointment of a second dose be taken far after the interview appointment.

My wife has recently received her first dose of COVID-19 vaccination. However, given the fact that she will not be fully vaccinated by the time of the interview, is it recommended to reschedule the interview appointment until she's adequately vaccinated or should I proceed with booking medical exam and leave that to the panel physician to decide? In province of Quebec, there is an interval of 8 weeks or more between the first and second dose, which means an appointment of a second dose be taken far after the interview appointment.
I think it is okay to proceed with booking the medical appointment. The Panel Physician however will not sign off on the medical report until the COVID-19 vaccines have been completed. I wouldn't recommend trying to re-schedule the visa appointment on your own.

I think it is okay to proceed with booking the medical appointment. The Panel Physician however will not sign off on the medical report until the COVID-19 vaccines have been completed. I wouldn't recommend trying to re-schedule the visa appointment on your own.
Thank you!

Under the Work/Education/Training information, there is a question: Have you travelled to any countries/regions within the last 5 years?
I answered this one as No since I did not travel anywhere for Work or Education other than the US.

However, in 2018 I travelled for 3 days to Bali for my honeymoon. Should I unlock my DS-260 and update this information? I selected No since the question was under "Work/Education/Training information".

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 8.37.27 PM.png

Hi everyone, please help me understand if my husband and I need to unlock our DS-260 forms and correct the following. We have a high case number.

1. On my DS-260, I forgot to mention my GitHub profile, a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It’s technically not a social media platform like Instagram or Facebook but people share their code samples using the platform and work on their projects together. It’s a code repository to store your projects. Do I need to unlock my form to correct it?

2. My husband forgot to include his LinkedIn profile when submitting DS-260. He added his Facebook profile though. Does he need to unlock the form and add his LinkedIn profile too?

Hi Everyone here, I have a question about address..is there a problem if I haven’t indicated my address in the DS-260 form?

Hello everyone here, I have a question concerning my case. I am the principal applicant and have listed all the derivatives applicant on the DS-260 file but I have changed mind and decided to leave them behind as I try to look for a stable job and see whether I can invite them at a later date. Is it wise to leave them out at this juncture since the case is about to be scheduled anytime soon?

Thanks

Hello everyone here, I have a question concerning my case. I am the principal applicant and have listed all the derivatives applicant on the DS-260 file but I have changed mind and decided to leave them behind as I try to look for a stable job and see whether I can invite them at a later date. Is it wise to leave them out at this juncture since the case is about to be scheduled anytime soon?

Thanks
well
If you are still able to change your ds260 to alter them to “not immigrating with me” you can, otherwise you can simply inform the consulate they will not be attending the interview if you can’t

BUT

be very sure you understand what you are doing by going this route. If they cannot get DV visas as your derivatives, it is a MUCH more complicated, much more expensive and much, much more time consuming process to sponsor them later. Assuming it’s not going to take you much longer than a few months to get a stable job, in my opinion a better approach is to all get your visas together as initially planned, you emigrate first, then they can come some months later (as long as it is before their visa expiry) - this essentially gives you almost 6 months to get sorted out, which for most people -especially in the current strong jobs market in the US - is plenty.

well
If you are still able to change your ds260 to alter them to “not immigrating with me” you can, otherwise you can simply inform the consulate they will not be attending the interview if you can’t

BUT

be very sure you understand what you are doing by going this route. If they cannot get DV visas as your derivatives, it is a MUCH more complicated, much more expensive and much, much more time consuming process to sponsor them later. Assuming it’s not going to take you much longer than a few months to get a stable job, in my opinion a better approach is to all get your visas together as initially planned, you emigrate first, then they can come some months later (as long as it is before their visa expiry) - this essentially gives you almost 6 months to get sorted out, which for most people -especially in the current strong jobs market in the US - is plenty.
Wow SussieQQQ thank you so much for the wise advice. I never knew it can be much time consuming and expensive I just thought I can invite them anytime without any difficulties when I settle. Let it be as initially planned. I wish for the best.

Moha jicho

You can travel with them to activate their visas and send them back until you find stable job.
Unless he thinks it’s going to take more than a few months to find a job that’s a potentially pricy way of doing it, adding one set more of return flight tickets for each family member. As the poster is principal there is no problem with him traveling ahead of the others, again as long as they have entered the US before their own visas expire.

Under the Work/Education/Training information, there is a question: Have you travelled to any countries/regions within the last 5 years?
I answered this one as No since I did not travel anywhere for Work or Education other than the US.

However, in 2018 I travelled for 3 days to Bali for my honeymoon. Should I unlock my DS-260 and update this information? I selected No since the question was under "Work/Education/Training information".

View attachment 3715
Can someone please guide me?

Can someone please guide me?
Is this trip mentioned in any other part of your form? If it is not currently disclosed in any other section of your DS260 form, then you should go ahead and list it even if the trip is not work/education/training related.

Maybe simple Q. but I dont know the meaning of ''Hole'' in dv statistics charts! could you please explain. Thank you

Hi everyone, please help me understand if my husband and I need to unlock our DS-260 forms and correct the following. We have a high case number.

1. On my DS-260, I forgot to mention my GitHub profile, a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It’s technically not a social media platform like Instagram or Facebook but people share their code samples using the platform and work on their projects together. It’s a code repository to store your projects. Do I need to unlock my form to correct it?

2. My husband forgot to include his LinkedIn profile when submitting DS-260. He added his Facebook profile though. Does he need to unlock the form and add his LinkedIn profile too?
Hey everyone, just bumping up these questions I posted a few days back. Please help.

@SM
Is this trip mentioned in any other part of your form? If it is not currently disclosed in any other section of your DS260 form, then you should go ahead and list it even if the trip is not work/education/training related.
Thank you. I emailed KCC to unlock my DS-260 to add this information. However, I think they should be having better instructions. It is confusing when you have to fill in the leisure trip information for a question under work.

Hey everyone, just bumping up these questions I posted a few days back. Please help.
Rule of thumb: if in doubt, or deeply concerned, unlock and update. Your CN is on the high side anyway, it's not like it's already scheduled or getting ready to be scheduled for an interview.

@SM

Thank you. I emailed KCC to unlock my DS-260 to add this information. However, I think they should be having better instructions. It is confusing when you have to fill in the leisure trip information for a question under work.
May you can communicate that to them.