• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I don’t quite understand the bold, but the birth certificate needs to be from the actual country of birth unless the DoS reciprocity table says it’s not available. What country were you born in?

Not having details about your father is not a denial reason.

Saudi Arabia
This is what it says … short version: that unless you are born before 1968 or your parents were not legally there, a birth certificate for foreigners should be available. The alternative documents section gives you an alternative way of proof if you don’t have one, as does the comments section (see what I have bolded and underlined)

Birth Certificates

Available: At time of birth. Sometimes hospitals are able to reproduce birth notifications and/or endorse copies at a later time.

Fees: Fees vary from hospital to hospital.

Document Name: Birth Certificate/ Birth Certificate for Non-Saudis. Older versions of the birth certificate are either paper documents or small booklets issued by the Ministry of Health. Either of these is acceptable for immigration purposes. In the past, Saudi authorities would issue a ‘temporary’ birth certificate and hold the permanent document until the baby completed its vaccinations. These temporary birth certificates are also acceptable. For recent newborns, Saudi Authorities issue certificates in the shape of large notecards. These are acceptable for immigration purposes. When a baby is born, the hospital issues a birth notification to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. The parents can then receive the birth certificate from the Ministry.

Issuing Authority: Ministerial Agency for Civil Affairs, Ministry of Interior

Special Seal(s) / Color/Format: Civil Affairs Seal; Color white (older version green)

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Varies. Sometimes issued by a magistrate, sometimes a registrar. The document may have a signature or name stamp.

Registration Criteria: Parents must hold valid identification. For non-Saudis, both parents need to be legally-documented (iqama-holding) residents of KSA in order to obtain a birth certificate. The Iqama is the Saudi legal residency card for non-Saudis.

Procedure for Obtaining:
Request at the Ministerial Agency for Civil Affairs (Al Ahwal Al Mudniyah) office in district of residence. The Ministry will require a birth notification from the hospital where the baby was born and parents’ valid identification. Appointment can be made online: moi.gov.sa

Alternate Documents: In cases where a birth certificate is not available, the nationality card (Tabiya) should be used. Tabiyas are only available to Saudi citizens.Third country nationals born in Saudi Arabia who are unable to obtain birth certificates should provide two affidavits of birth attested by a Saudi government entity such as a government ministry, court, or neighborhood chief (Omdah), or a lawyer.

Exceptions:
Birth certificates are not available to persons born prior to 1968.

Comments:
Birth certificates issued by embassies or foreign missions in Saudi Arabia are generally not acceptable for immigration purposes. However, third country nationals living in Saudi Arabia originating in countries experiencing serious civil unrest (such as Yemen, Syria or Somalia) and therefore unable to access civil services from their home countries, or those born while their parents were not in legal status in Saudi Arabia and therefore unable to obtain a Saudi birth certificate, may approach a special office in their embassy to obtain a birth certificate. To be considered, these embassy birth certificates must be authenticated by the Saudi MOFA.

My wife will quit her job end of August this year and will then be self-employed. She is my accompaniment, I am the principal applicant. I guess this is a reason to re-open DS260 for an update then, right?

My wife will quit her job end of August this year and will then be self-employed. She is my accompaniment, I am the principal applicant. I guess this is a reason to re-open DS260 for an update then, right?
i wouldn’t bother personally, its not material to the case or background checks etc, but you can if you want

Hello, I've been thinking about documents processing and have a question. Do we know what happens if we send copies of documents to KCC before getting a documents request?

I know that it's unclear yet whether sending documents will be required for DV-2023, but it's just a hypothetical question. In other words, are there any pros/cons of sending docs in advance (with no doc request)? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, I've been thinking about documents processing and have a question. Do we know what happens if we send copies of documents to KCC before getting a documents request?

I know that it's unclear yet whether sending documents will be required for DV-2023, but it's just a hypothetical question. In other words, are there any pros/cons of sending docs in advance (with no doc request)? Thanks.
I'd like to know too because I was thinking of sending documents in advance following BritSimon's advice for past years' lotteries.

Hello, dear colleagues!
Do we have any information about the highest case number known for Europe at this very moment?
I'm kinda worried about my relatively high case number for Europe 2023EU00031.xxx
Do I have any good chances getting an interview by the end of June of the next year, for example?
Sorry for that repeating question, I know it's still too early to predict so far, but still.
Thank you in advance and have a great day!

Hello, dear colleagues!
Do we have any information about the highest case number known for Europe at this very moment?
I'm kinda worried about my relatively high case number for Europe 2023EU00031.xxx
Do I have any good chances getting an interview by the end of June of the next year, for example?
Sorry for that repeating question, I know it's still too early to predict so far, but still.
Thank you in advance and have a great day!
Hi Feliks, my CN is 2023EU30xxx and I am worried about my CN, too. Hopefully, we'll get our chance. If I understand right, it will probably depend on a consulate. If your consulate is busy, they might not have enough time to accommodate your case by the end of Sept. 2023.

Hi Feliks, my CN is 2023EU30xxx and I am worried about my CN, too. Hopefully, we'll get our chance. If I understand right, it will probably depend on a consulate. If your consulate is busy, they might not have enough time to accommodate your case by the end of Sept. 2023.
My interview is appointed in Warsaw, Poland.
They have a real busy schedule for now since three countries (Poland, Russia and Belarus) are served there. Hope things are gonna get better there and they will manage with this overflow.

My interview is appointed in Warsaw, Poland.
They have a real busy schedule for now since three countries (Poland, Russia and Belarus) are served there. Hope things are gonna get better there and they will manage with this overflow.
Agree. Hopefully, it will get better. It's too early to predict things like that for DV2023. We don't know how many real cases are in front of us. Also, we don't know what the highest CN for Europe is.

Agree. Hopefully, it will get better. It's too early to predict things like that for DV2023. We don't know how many real cases are in front of us. Also, we don't know what the highest CN for Europe is.
That's why i asked, which max numbers do we have for Europe as for now. I heard about 36.xxx

That's why i asked, which max numbers do we have for Europe as for now. I heard about 36.xxx
That's a good question. I am not sure actually and would like to know that myself. Hopefully, someone else can anwer that question.

Also, I wish there was a doc like this one so we can have more information about our progress for DV2023.

I'd like to know too because I was thinking of sending documents in advance following BritSimon's advice for past years' lotteries.

Right now, there’s no pro for sending in documents unrequested until there’s clear indication KCC will require document submission.
The con? Several! A needless ricochet effect leading to senseless panic for others - as soon as one person reports doing do, other selectees will follow suit. This leads to an unnecessary cluttering of the KCC inbox. Then those who sent in documents unsolicited will begin to follow up by bombarding the KCC with emails, wanting to know if their sent documents have been received or processed. Those with legitimate questions or needing to request DS260 unlock end up waiting for several days/weeks to get a response from the KCC as the KCC now has to wade through tonnes of senseless email messages to get to the legitimate requests.

Simon’s advice re proactively sending in the documents unsolicited is currently not applicable to you folks. So just wait!

Right now, there’s no pro for sending in documents unrequested until there’s clear indication KCC will require document submission.
The con? Several! A needless ricochet effect leading to senseless panic for others - as soon as one person reports doing do, other selectees will follow suit. This leads to an unnecessary cluttering of the KCC inbox. Then those who sent in documents unsolicited will begin to follow up by bombarding the KCC with emails, wanting to know if their sent documents have been received or processed. Those with legitimate questions or needing to request DS260 unlock end up waiting for several days/weeks to get a response from the KCC as the KCC now has to wade through tonnes of senseless email messages to get to the legitimate requests.

Simon’s advice re proactively sending in the documents unsolicited is currently not applicable to you folks. So just wait!
Agreed. There is a good chance (and increasing every day) that documents are not going to be requested anyway.

Hello,
I got a questions if you could advise, I already submitted my DS 260 form and just noticed missing to list my Youtube (which is associated with my Gmail and has 0 subscribers and 0 videos, only used to watch videos), should I unlock my form to add that?
Thank you in advance!

Hello,
I got a questions if you could advise, I already submitted my DS 260 form and just noticed missing to list my Youtube (which is associated with my Gmail and has 0 subscribers and 0 videos, only used to watch videos), should I unlock my form to add that?
Thank you in advance!
There is absolutely no reason for that, if only you run your own channel.

This, this, this.

we already have people complaining about how long KCC takes to respond to stuff. Imagine how much longer when their very limited staff are wasting hours every day having to open, read and respond to totally pointless unsolicited emails. Please, don’t do it.