• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Why is it that Mom and I are often confused as being the same person?? Do I look like someone's mom???
Pretty sure is because at first sight "Sm1smom" seems like "S1mon" (Simon) lol
I realized that it was "someone's mom" just 3 days ago when you mentioned him in your latest video/live, I was like "ooohh that's how you read it" haha

Hi !

I will do my AOS since I am in USA under J-1 visa. I already made a money order from Chase bank (330.00 USD) and I send it to the provided address (U.S. Department of State, Diversity Visa Program, P.O. Box 979079, St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000. Is this is fine ? Just realized it said "postal money order". Is there any difference ?
I will appreciate if anyone can reply this question !

Alex

So I reopened my ds260
The first Date I submitted was on 12.05.2022
Does it affect anything that my Form will be considered the Last Date I submitted it. Or will the First Date will be considered?

I heard, that people who reopened it with the Case number of 3k still waiting for an invitation for an interview.

Now Im Worried with my 23k.

So I reopened my ds260
Does it affect anything that my Form will be considered the Last Date I submitted it. Or will the First Date will be considered?

I heard, that people who reopened it with the Case number of 3k still waiting for an invitation for an interview.

Stop worrying over a non-issue. The reason for some people with lower CN who are still waiting to be scheduled for their interview has nothing to do with unlocking and resubmitting the DS260. It has to do with when they originally submitted the form and their applicable embassy.

Stop worrying over a non-issue. The reason for some people with lower CN who are still waiting to be scheduled for their interview has nothing to do with unlocking and resubmitting the DS260. It has to do with when they originally submitted the form and their applicable embassy.

Ok, Thank you!!!
I was kinda worried. Because after years I was selected and I was kinda worried about that. I wanted to have everything filled in my ds260, thats why I reopened my Form. So I can stay calm till my Interview.
But that reply gives me some chills.

I read so different things in different forums, didnt know what to trust.

Thank You again.

Ok, Thank you!!!
I was kinda worried. Because after years I was selected and I was kinda worried about that. I wanted to have everything filled in my ds260, thats why I reopened my Form. So I can stay calm till my Interview.
But that reply gives me some chills.

I read so different things in different forums, didnt know what to trust.

Thank You again.
Well you’ll just have to wait and see, right? It’s not like you can do anything about the resubmission now anyways if the response I gave turn out to be wrong. So yeah, wait and see, and you’ll find out one way or the other eventually.

So I reopened my ds260

So much depends on embassy right now. For example latest month’s official data (April) Accra issued 18 DVs and Algiers 202. Month before, Accra 19 and Algiers 331. Feb, 7 vs 163. .etc. (for context, Algeria has approx double the number of selectees as Ghana, so the ratio of visas is way skewed). So clearly, the chances of an interview for say AF3xxx is going to differ markedly depending which of these two consulates they are interviewing at. Nothing to do with reopening DS.
Whether or not the embassy issues will still be so big in 2023 is another matter too.

Last edited:
Well you’ll just have to wait and see, right? It’s not like you can do anything about the resubmission now anyways if the response I gave turn out to be wrong. So yeah, wait and see, and you’ll find out one way or the other eventually.
Yeah, Thats the only thing I can do: wait and see.
Praying for positiv outcomes

Thank You for your advice

So much depends on embassy right now. For example latest month’s official data (April) Accra issued 18 DVs and Algiers 202. Month before, Accra 19 and Algiers 331. Feb, 7 vs 163. .etc. (for context, Algeria has approx double the number of selectees as Ghana, so the ratio of visas is way skewed). So clearly, the chances of an interview for say AF3xxx is going to differ markedly depending which of these two consulates they are interviewing at. Nothing to do with reopening DS.
Whether or not the embassy issues will still be so big in 2023 is another matter too.
Ok, I see. Hope the embassies work for dv2023 better than previous dv‘s fiscal years.

Ok, Thats great to know that it has nothing to do with reopening.

But crazy how the process is working at different embassys.

I live near Frankfurt and my Interview will be there once Iam scheduled.
I heard Frankfurt is gonna take ukranians too in the process. Of course I wish them the possibility too. Hope they will consider germans too.

Ok, I see. Hope the embassies work for dv2023 better than previous dv‘s fiscal years.

Ok, Thats great to know that it has nothing to do with reopening.

But crazy how the process is working at different embassys.

I live near Frankfurt and my Interview will be there once Iam scheduled.
I heard Frankfurt is gonna take ukranians too in the process. Of course I wish them the possibility too. Hope they will consider germans too.
There is a huge backlog from covid that they are working through. Some embassies were closed much longer than others due to local conditions/regulations and therefore have worse backlogs to deal with. Visa issuance numbers in general do look like progress is being made across embassies.

I would assume they are increasing staffing capacity at Frankfurt if they are taking on Ukrainian cases too. These would (at least for DV) be dealt with the same as any other nationality interviewing at Frankfurt, in my understanding.

There is a huge backlog from covid that they are working through. Some embassies were closed much longer than others due to local conditions/regulations and therefore have worse backlogs to deal with. Visa issuance numbers in general do look like progress is being made across embassies.

I would assume they are increasing staffing capacity at Frankfurt if they are taking on Ukrainian cases too. These would (at least for DV) be dealt with the same as any other nationality interviewing at Frankfurt, in my understanding.
Ok, very understandable. Hope those who are affected will get the chance to be Interviewed.

That could be possible, that they are increasing staffing capacity at Frankfurt. Otherwise it looks bad for dv2023 winners.

I will wait and see what is happening.

Thanks for the Info.

I have another question regarding to ds260.

I did my Bachelor in Engineering.

I studied in Frankfurt. And the university I was at is cooperating with the Middlesex University of London. I got my degree from Middlesex University of London, but I was studying in Germany.

What should I mention on my ds260?

Im kinda confused.

I have another question regarding to ds260.

I did my Bachelor in Engineering.

I studied in Frankfurt. And the university I was at is cooperating with the Middlesex University of London. I got my degree from Middlesex University of London, but I was studying in Germany.

What should I mention on my ds260?

Im kinda confused.
The degree-granting institution is what You list

Thank you for your cooperation

I have a birth certificate question
, I couldn't get a birth certificate from the country where I was born, but I have a birth certificate from my real country where I was born abroad and I have a father problem, I don't have any data about him, does this cause a refusal

Thank you for your cooperation

I have a birth certificate question
, I couldn't get a birth certificate from the country where I was born, but I have a birth certificate from my real country where I was born abroad and I have a father problem, I don't have any data about him, does this cause a refusal
I don’t quite understand the bold, but the birth certificate needs to be from the actual country of birth unless the DoS reciprocity table says it’s not available. What country were you born in?

Not having details about your father is not a denial reason.