• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Of ds-260 processing. Please see attached.
Your screen shots are not necessarily formal stages a selectee goes through. And you're still basically asking the same question (more or less) which you seem to be asking every couple of days: "I am current in December, submitted DS260 in July, when will I get the 2NL" (paraphrased). The response is still the same - no one can predict when you will get your IL, be PATIENT!

Your screen shots are not necessarily formal stages a selectee goes through. And you're still basically asking the same question (more or less) which you seem to be asking every couple of days: "I am current in December, submitted DS260 in July, when will I get the 2NL" (paraphrased). The response is still the same - no one can predict when you will get your IL, be PATIENT!
Noted.

You can call the USCIS number to report about the incorrect zip code. 1 (800) 375-5283.
Note: getting a live person on the above number can be quite difficult. You however can try saying "INFOPASS" a couple of times whenever the system asks about how can I help you or something to that effect, it will eventually connect you to a live person.
Thank you so much for your help. I successfully edited the address for the green cards however my SSN card is officially lost. I've been to the Social Security Administration and unfortunately, they don't share any information or apply for the replacement card without green cards and it might take some time to get them.

Is there any way to know what's my SSN or either get the document that I've got pending case? I can't sign any lease agreement without knowing my SSN or at least having a document confirming that I've applied.

Thank you so much for your help. I successfully edited the address for the green cards however my SSN card is officially lost. I've been to the Social Security Administration and unfortunately, they don't share any information or apply for the replacement card without green cards and it might take some time to get them.

Is there any way to know what's my SSN or either get the document that I've got pending case? I can't sign any lease agreement without knowing my SSN or at least having a document confirming that I've applied.
You may have to visit another SSA office, they should at least be able to tell you your SSN if it was already issued. Or go back to the same one and request to speak with a supervisor if they’re refusing to give your the number.

Hi again!
I want to submit ds260 today/tomorrow. Im from Spain. My embassy is Madrid, Spain. CN EU17XXX, current in March. Got married in July2022 in Spain but I don't have the marriage certificate yet due to a huge backlog in the administration. However, I do have the deed from the public notary where we married. It has our names, passport numbers, date, witnesses and names and signature of the public notary.

1- Could I used the deed from the public notary instead of the marriage certificate for the interview? I have asked the embassy via email but no response after 3 weeks.

2- If a certificate is really a must I have this alternative but I am not confident it's good. My wife is originally from Mexico and we could get married there again and get the certificate the same day. I dont even know if it's a good idea to have two different dates for marriage... Which one would I use for the ds-260 then?

Thank you so much for your help

Looks like our DS260 is processed.
EU15xxx - Bucharest Embassy

Attachments

• E7B43AF4-EDDA-44F3-B354-BCC6F9DC482A.jpeg
    E7B43AF4-EDDA-44F3-B354-BCC6F9DC482A.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 16
Hi again!
I want to submit ds260 today/tomorrow. Im from Spain. My embassy is Madrid, Spain. CN EU17XXX, current in March. Got married in July2022 in Spain but I don't have the marriage certificate yet due to a huge backlog in the administration. However, I do have the deed from the public notary where we married. It has our names, passport numbers, date, witnesses and names and signature of the public notary.

1- Could I used the deed from the public notary instead of the marriage certificate for the interview? I have asked the embassy via email but no response after 3 weeks.

2- If a certificate is really a must I have this alternative but I am not confident it's good. My wife is originally from Mexico and we could get married there again and get the certificate the same day. I dont even know if it's a good idea to have two different dates for marriage... Which one would I use for the ds-260 then?

Thank you so much for your help
In terms of marriage certificate, here’s what is acceptable from Spain:

Document Name: Certificado de Matrimonio
Issuing Authority: The Civil Registry (Registro Civil) on behalf of the Justice Ministry (Ministerio de Justicia)
Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: It certifies the act of marriage and the date, time, and place it occurred. Digital marriage certificates can be issued with a digital stamp from the Department of Registers and Notaries based on the data found in the central database of people registered in the Civil Registers. They can be verified in the Justice Ministry web page with the verification code.
Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Issued by the Registrar or Acting Registrar of the corresponding Civil Registry or Consular Register.
Registration Criteria: There are no registration criteria.
Procedure for Obtaining: Visit mjusticia.gob.es for instructions about how to obtain a marriage certificate.
Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available.
Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.
Exceptions: None
There are two different kinds of marriage certificates from the Civil Registry - “Extracto” and “Literal”; both are valid as both contain the required information.

Hey guys, I am not current yet, however, I have a question with regards to vaccinations.
I have checked with the doctor responsible for approving the medical report in my country and he highlighted 3 vaccinations that I have to take within a 1 month period (they should be spaced out for medical reasons).
Accordingly, he recommended that I should go forward with the vaccinations (high cost) before getting my 2NL. What do you guys think? is the period between 2NL and interview sufficient to squeeze in these vaccinations?
Are you from Guinea ?

Hi all, I finished my interview today and consular officer said that my visa is (will) be issued and gave me details of where I will get my passport. I was given no paper but my status on CEAC is administrative processing? Will I get my visa or is something wrong? Has this happened before?

Just adding my interview experience in case someone might be interested in reading

- Tells me I won the lottery
- Asks me if I have ever been to the US, married, had kids, denied visa, been anywhere besides the places listed.
- Asks about my education as it seems a bit strange on first look
- Asks about my current job and plans in the US

That's it, says Visa is approved and gives details of where I will get my passport.

Hi all, I finished my interview today and consular officer said that my visa is (will) be issued and gave me details of where I will get my passport. I was given no paper but my status on CEAC is administrative processing? Will I get my visa or is something wrong? Has this happened before?

Just adding my interview experience in case someone might be interested in reading

- Tells me I won the lottery
- Asks me if I have ever been to the US, married, had kids, denied visa, been anywhere besides the places listed.
- Asks about my education as it seems a bit strange on first look
- Asks about my current job and plans in the US

That's it, says Visa is approved and gives details of where I will get my passport.
That update is normal. Nothing to worry about at this time.

Greetings everyone, hope all of you are feeling happy and healthy. My case is 2023as11k and unfortunately my post is at Ankara, which already has a backlog and didn't perform well last few years. As an Iranian male, I'm gonna face plenty of issues as is, so I was wondering if it's wise to try to move the post to Yerevan, Armenia or some other consulate right now? or maybe just wait it out and hope for the best?
Appreciate you all

Thanks for the Sm1smom.
Unfortunately, the marriage certificate (Certificado de Matrimonio) is issued by the Civil Registry but there is a huge backlog and the Civil Registry has not entered my marriage yet after 7months... This means I can't get a certificate
Today I only have the deed from the public notary as evidence of my marriage, but will likely be not accepted by the Madrid Embassy since the instructions you have shared only mention the marriage certificate from the Civil Regsitry as accepted.
I don't know what to do if my interview takes place before the Civil Registry processes my marriage entry.
I got married in July 1st 2022.

I'm EU applicant case 2023EU268xx

I sent my DS-260 as single applicant in May 30th 2022.

I'm Polish/Canadian dual citizen living permanently in Canada.
My fiancee is Iranian born with permanent residency of Canada. (citizenship app in progress).

I would like to marry her now to go to US together but we are afraid that it might be too late to add her as a derivative at this point.

My questions are

1. With today's announcement of Visa Bulletin for April being 30,000 for EU region, does it mean that I am current NOW or I will be in April?
2. When does KCC send the case to the embassy? I find it confusing because we know that October interviews 2NLs are being sent in August. Does that mean that my case can be sent to Montreal embassy anytime soon now or it will be sent in March or April?
3. At which point KCC does not accept unlocking cases anymore? Do I have time until April to do that? Or it may be already too late?
4. Am I right to think that since my fiancee is Iranian citizen that would further delay my/our interview since her background check will take longer? We are also afraid of Montreal's embassy that likes to put Asian citizens on 5535.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with that.

I'm EU applicant case 2023EU268xx

I sent my DS-260 as single applicant in May 30th 2022.

I'm Polish/Canadian dual citizen living permanently in Canada.
My fiancee is Iranian born with permanent residency of Canada. (citizenship app in progress).

I would like to marry her now to go to US together but we are afraid that it might be too late to add her as a derivative at this point.

My questions are

1. With today's announcement of Visa Bulletin for April being 30,000 for EU region, does it mean that I am current NOW or I will be in April?
2. When does KCC send the case to the embassy? I find it confusing because we know that October interviews 2NLs are being sent in August. Does that mean that my case can be sent to Montreal embassy anytime soon now or it will be sent in March or April?
3. At which point KCC does not accept unlocking cases anymore? Do I have time until April to do that? Or it may be already too late?
4. Am I right to think that since my fiancee is Iranian citizen that would further delay my/our interview since her background check will take longer? We are also afraid of Montreal's embassy that likes to put Asian citizens on 5535.
1.-3. You'll be current, as in you'll be eligible to get a visa, on April 1st. However, KCC will send out invitations for April in the next 2-3 weeks (they've already started doing it today). From their perspective you're "current", as in being assigned to an embassy, now and if your DS-260 is already processed, they're ready to send you case to your post. At this point they're gonna refuse to open your DS-260 for you. But it's not a big deal. You can always contact your embassy and they will open the DS-260 for you and you'll be able to add your spouse-to-be.
4. Someone more knowledgeable about situation "on the ground" might correct me, but I'm under impression that MTL is notorious (or maybe I'd rather say: nondiscriminatory) for giving people extensive background checks and putting them on 221(g), regardless if their fall under AS region or not.

Thank you for your reply!

At this point they're gonna refuse to open your DS-260 for you. But it's not a big deal. You can always contact your embassy and they will open the DS-260 for you and you'll be able to add your spouse-to-be.

We already called Marriage Commissioner today and she said that earliest spot for us would be even on Feb 25th. So my questions is should I wait for 2NL from MTL embassy or I can go ahead and contact them even before receiving my interview invite?

We want to make changes as soon as possible to avoid any delay at this point.

Thank you again for your help!

We already called Marriage Commissioner today and she said that earliest spot for us would be even on Feb 25th. So my questions is should I wait for 2NL from MTL embassy or I can go ahead and contact them even before receiving my interview invite?
Until you're actually married there's no point in contacting them. If you haven't received 2nl by then, contact KCC, otherwise go straight for MTL post.

I know that of course :)

I meant when I'm already married when should I contact embassy. Before or after receiving my 2NL?
You should only contact the embassy after receiving the 2NL. Contacting them before then is a waste of time as the embassy wouldn’t have your case file if you’ve not been scheduled for an interview.

Hello
Has anyone selected a third-country, specifically, Canada, for their DV consular process? I am not a Canadian (born in an Asian country) but am currently in Canada and to save me some time fro traveling back home. I want to know if it is possible to do so, thank you!