• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Wish you success brother. But how this thing works has baffle me. I submitted DS 260 in June and become current in October but yet to receive the 2NL. My case is relatively low than yours also.
1. OP is chargeable to the EU region while you’re chargeable to the AF region - you therefore can’t or shouldn’t comparing how relatively high or low your CN and theirs are to one another.
2. You’re not interviewing with the same embassy. That would is another factor to bear in mind when comparing cases. Embassy capacity differs from one to the other.

1. OP is chargeable to the EU region while you’re chargeable to the AF region - you therefore can’t or shouldn’t comparing how relatively high or low your CN and theirs are to one another.
2. You’re not interviewing with the same embassy. That would is another factor to bear in mind when comparing cases. Embassy capacity differs from one to the other.
Ok thank you for the answer. So if a case becomes current for that particular month and the embassy is unable to give a slot because of capacity does it mean I can’t get another slot in the coming month?

Ok thank you for the answer. So if a case becomes current for that particular month and the embassy is unable to give a slot because of capacity does it mean I can’t get another slot in the coming month?
You get scheduled whenever the embassy is able to accommodate your case (after your CN becomes current, of course, and assuming KCC is done processing your DS260 form). This was previously explained to you here and here.

A friend wants to know:

If a baby is born after the DV visa is issued, I understand that they can get the baby's visa at the port of entry? Does it mean that they must pay the ($330 +$220) for the baby's green card at the port of entry?

A friend wants to know:

If a baby is born after the DV visa is issued, I understand that they can get the baby's visa at the port of entry? Does it mean that they must pay the ($330 +$220) for the baby's green card at the port of entry?
LThe baby doesn’t need a visa at all, they get processed for a green card with no visa if born after parent issued an immigrant visa & enters with parent . So no $330. They need a passport and full birth certificate for the baby.

LThe baby doesn’t need a visa at all, they get processed for a green card with no visa if born after parent issued an immigrant visa & enters with parent . So no $330. They need a passport and full birth certificate for the baby.
And what will the baby's status in the US? Permanent resident? Surely not American, right?

And what will the baby's status in the US? Permanent resident? Surely not American, right?
Of course LPR, same as parents. I believe I quite clearly said that:

Hi, Is the 2NL sent in order of processed DS-260s (when our case numbers are current) or do they go by case number? For example, if my case number is 2023SA240X and I sent my DS260 in May and was processed in October, and someone with a lower case number that also went current in the same batch of numbers sent their DS later and it was processed later, are they getting the 2NL first or would I get it first?

After inquiry on my case in August 2022 KCC sent me the below screenshot that my DS-260 has been proceed and I should have recieved or will soon receive an email from KCC in order for the case to continue processing. I don’t know why the case is taking too long ( 3 months) since it has been processed and became current in the same month.

When i contacted them again this morning they sent me the same auto generated email of being current and should wait for the date to be scheduled.

Is there a need i should get worried? Since the 3 VB has already been released Oct, Nov and December and I am yet to receive the 2NL. Thanks

Attachments

• 2C06794C-437A-4845-94B9-6C9AD85F50A8.jpeg
    2C06794C-437A-4845-94B9-6C9AD85F50A8.jpeg
    746.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 5603445A-83E8-45C6-B361-DAE27FF9EF3D.png
    5603445A-83E8-45C6-B361-DAE27FF9EF3D.png
    698.4 KB · Views: 20
Is there an average length of time a ds-260 takes to process? Mine has been processing since early July, yet I'm current in December.

Is there an average length of time a ds-260 takes to process? Mine has been processing since early July, yet I'm current in December.
I think being current is not important, you can become current in October and be on a waiting queue for quite sometimes. What is important is getting interview slot I.e remember they say selection does not guarantee you to get a visa interview.

I think being current is not important, you can become current in October and be on a waiting queue for quite sometimes. What is important is getting interview slot I.e remember they say selection does not guarantee you to get a visa interview.
This is what has been puzzling since DV22 :( . In the past, whenever your number was current, you were almost certain to get an interview.

This is what has been puzzling since DV22 :( . In the past, whenever your number was current, you were almost certain to get an interview.
True, I thought the same.. There seems to be a mismatch on being current and getting interviewed. Not sure it's the embassies that are slow, or kcc...

True