• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

That may be the case.

How long ago have you been trying? Before or after DV2024 registration started?
I've seen in the suggested links in the "CP timeline tracker" that some of the applicants submitted the documents to KCC without request from KCC.
How can we do it? and is this a suggested course of action?
I submitted my DS-260 in August, 2022 for DV2023, and until now, I did not receive any email from KCC to submit documents via email. Please advice

I've seen in the suggested links in the "CP timeline tracker" that some of the applicants submitted the documents to KCC without request from KCC.
How can we do it? and is this a suggested course of action?
I submitted my DS-260 in August, 2022 for DV2023, and until now, I did not receive any email from KCC to submit documents via email. Please advice
Please make sure you read all the instructions linked to your selection letter properly.

if you do, you will see (among many other useful things)

Notice to DV-2023 Applicants​

Until further notice, DV selectees are not required to submit supporting documents to the KCC; selectees are still required to submit the DS-260 application form. See Diversity Visa 2023 Update for more information.

dependent on consulate, anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks assuming all is approved immediately. Obviously, yours is not immediately approved as they are awaiting documents.

by the way - don’t expect the consulate to act on the newly submitted police report the second they get it. It’s going to go through internal mail and inbox piles and will be seen when whoever is looking at it, gets down to its place in line. Could be a couple of days or a couple of weeks, too.
Mine was approved at the end of the interview. My wife's police certificate wasn't received before the time of the interview, so we decided to attend and take our chances with an explanation letter. The consular said her visa will be approved as soon as the required document is received and processed.

Whoever wants to apply for a police certificate in Quebec, as a piece of advice, stay away from RCMP accredited agencies that take ink fingerprints as ink fingerprints would be digitized by a different entity then sent to RCMP. The entire process would take up to four weeks in case no matches were found.

Mine was approved at the end of the interview. My wife's police certificate wasn't received before the time of the interview, so we decided to attend and take our chances with an explanation letter. The consular said her visa will be approved as soon as the required document is received and processed.
I bolded for you the potential time consuming process I mentioned earlier.

I’m not really understanding why you haven’t done this yet. What exactly are you waiting for?
Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check at state government.

I received this email and until now I still haven’t received the email, and I keep asking for it but they responded

Thank you for your inquiry.

Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check.

Though I have not yet updated my address to that of my home country on my DS-260 form.

Please I want to ask during DV entry registration, the educational background I made it university degree.
But the
certificate I have right now is training college, that's diploma in registered Mental nurse and am still confused because I have already submitted the forms so please during the visa interview can I be disqualified when I explain? Because I didn't notice any college education in the forms and also I wasn't understand that part, please what should I do?

Please I want to ask during DV entry registration, the educational background I made it university degree.
But the
certificate I have right now is training college, that's diploma in registered Mental nurse and am still confused because I have already submitted the forms so please during the visa interview can I be disqualified when I explain? Because I didn't notice any college education in the forms and also I wasn't understand that part, please what should I do?
Are you a DV 2023 selectee?

In that case wait for the results to come out in May 2024 to find out if you’re selected before worrying about you you listed or didn’t list as educational qualifications on the entry form, as this is a lottery. Selection is not guaranteed, plus there’s nothing you can do about the submission.

1- Did any DV 2023 selectee submit the documents to KCC after filling the DS-260?
2- Should I email KCC the documents required after DS-260?

1- Did any DV 2023 selectee submit the documents to KCC after filling the DS-260?
Check SusieQQQ's reply above. It says:

Notice to DV-2023 Applicants​

Until further notice, DV selectees are not required to submit supporting documents to the KCC; selectees are still required to submit the DS-260 application form. See Diversity Visa 2023 Update for more information.

1. Why did you not bother reading my response to your previous question on this?
2. See above.

Seriously. If you’re not going to check answers to questions, don’t expect people to waste time responding.

Hi guys hope everyone is doing good. I would like to ask, how long does it take for a case to get scheduled for an interview after it become current for few months?

A case in point is my case number that has become current since August and still remain current to date.

Hi guys hope everyone is doing good. I would like to ask, how long does it take for a case to get scheduled for an interview after it become current for few months?

A case in point is my case number that has become current since August and still remain current to date.
I believe you were previously provided with insights in terms of how long or what it takes for a case to get scheduled for an interview, one of those previous response can be found here.

And your case did not become current in August by the way, considering the FY starts in October - meaning DV2023 cases became current from October 1st, 2022.

Is there any official information on which type of police certificate does Montreal consulate require? I'm not able to locate it on their website. I have attempted to send them an email but got a reply that this mailbox is for non-immigrant visas only (they are both the same on the website!)

RCMP has different types that include:
1) Name-based checks
2) Fingerprint-based checks

Should I request both of them?
My local RCMP office told me that I don't need a fingerprint-based check and refused to take them.

Hi Sm1mom & SussieQQQ

My case number is 2023AF37xxx, I filed my DS-260 in may and chose Adjustment of Status as I was residing in the United, knowing that my current J-1 status will expire next year April 2023, I later then wrote to KCC asking them to change from adjustment of status to CP.

It was granted. Now I have to change the address in my DS-260. My question is this: as I am still residing in the USA, won’t it be an issue if I put my home country address as current? Then put my address here I. The USA as the most resent address?

I have issues with dates as the most resent address has to have a « from a certain month and year» « to a certain month a year ».

I just want to make sure I have researched well before I can make the adjustment.

Please help me. Thank you

Is there any official information on which type of police certificate does Montreal consulate require? I'm not able to locate it on their website. I have attempted to send them an email but got a reply that this mailbox is for non-immigrant visas only (they are both the same on the website!)

RCMP has different types that include:
1) Name-based checks
2) Fingerprint-based checks

Should I request both of them?
My local RCMP office told me that I don't need a fingerprint-based check and refused to take them.

Police Certificates​

Available

Fees:
Varies by Province

Document Name: Certified Criminal Record Check – Type of Criminal Record Check for Personal Use: Other / RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings

The following documents WILL NOT be accepted:

• Type of Criminal Record Check for Personal Use: Visa-Border Crossing, Foreign Travel, Work document.
  • Type of Criminal Record Check for Personal Use: Active Criminal Record document
  • Provincial or City issued police certificate
Issuing Authority: Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: The requested document is fingerprint-based, but the report does not include an image of the applicant or the applicant’s fingerprints.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title

Registration Criteria: There is no registration criteria

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency. You must request a Certified Criminal Record Check – For Personal Use – subtype Other and ask for a search of the RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Exceptions: None

Comments: None

For more details check: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ty-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Last edited: