• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2022

The problem is in the initial dv application her husband does'nt want to be included as a derivative i.e he dont want give out his details and mind you, they were not legally married so they dont have a marriage certificate. A big problem here is she already taken her husband name as her family name. what can she do?
I don’t see a way for her to enter according to the rules then. By the way, a customary marriage is still considered a marriage.

I don’t see a way for her to enter according to the rules then. By the way, a customary marriage is still considered a marriage.
Ok then her chances of participating in the lottery are gone. polygamy a big PROBLEM. Thanks Susie.

Please is it mandatory for a visa applicant to use English during a visa interview at a USA embassy?

Asking for a friend

Please is it mandatory for a visa applicant to use English during a visa interview at a USA embassy?

Asking for a friend
no, interviews can be held in the official language of the country as well. There is no English language requirement to get an immigrant visa.

asking for a friend.

he wants to apply for dv-2022, but his status is officially unmarried (he has a son too, registered in his wife certificate).

how he can apply or has to apply?

thanks in advance

asking for a friend.

he wants to apply for dv-2022, but his status is officially unmarried (he has a son too, registered in his wife certificate).

how he can apply or has to apply?

thanks in advance

its confusing when you talk about his wife but say he is “officially” unmarried. So she is just his partner? In that case he lists himself as single, but must add his son (and any other children under 21) on the form.

Hello everyone, I made mistake filling mailing address, it had to be on both a.care of (optional) and b. address line 1 but I only put it on b. address line 1 (since I dont own the mail address).Could this be an error enough to disqualify me if I get selected?

Hello everyone, I made mistake filling mailing address, it had to be on both a.care of (optional) and b. address line 1 but I only put it on b. address line 1 (since I dont own the mail address).Could this be an error enough to disqualify me if I get selected?

Nope. Not a problem.

Asking for a friend.

A married friend with two kids had issues completing his registration for the past week or so because the site kept returning an error when he got to the submit part.
He kept refreshing the page till around an hour to the deadline and finally gave up and entered as unmarried and managed to complete his registration.
Has anyone else experienced the same issue when filling for derivatives?

Asking for a friend.

A married friend with two kids had issues completing his registration for the past week or so because the site kept returning an error when he got to the submit part.
He kept refreshing the page till around an hour to the deadline and finally gave up and entered as unmarried and managed to complete his registration.
Has anyone else experienced the same issue when filling for derivatives?

Unfortunately that was not a solution, as he will be disqualified if he is selected.

The site is incredibly difficult to access on the last day. I lost out on entering one year because I left it to the last day and simply could not get to the final submit page.

Unfortunately that was not a solution, as he will be disqualified if he is selected.

The site is incredibly difficult to access on the last day. I lost out on entering one year because I left it to the last day and simply could not get to the final submit page.
Thank you for your reply Suzie.
If he’s selected, is leaving the family behind an option and just processing the whole thing solo?

He’s been trying for the past week or so and was unsuccessful in every attempt. Individual applicants get the odd glitch here and there but for applicants with derivatives, there lies the issue.

Thank you for your reply Suzie.
If he’s selected, is leaving the family behind an option and just processing the whole thing solo?

Not an option. He will be disqualified if selected like Susie already stated. In order to proceed (if selected) he will be perpetuating the lie regarding a claim of being single and without kids. His wife and kids will never be able to join him, assuming he’s able to maintain the lie and proceed solo - is that his plan?

He’s been trying for the past week or so and was unsuccessful in every attempt. Individual applicants get the odd glitch here and there but for applicants with derivatives, there lies the issue.

Thousands of applicants with derivatives were able to successfully submit their entries though.

Not an option. He will be disqualified if selected like Susie already stated. In order to proceed (if selected) he will be perpetuating the lie regarding a claim of being single and without kids. His wife and kids will never be able to join him, assuming he’s able to maintain the lie and proceed solo - is that his plan?
ah! Gotchu!... He’d be able to perpetuate the lie and get away with it in the short term but detrimental to his family in the long run. Not worth it. I’ll advice him accordingly

Thousands of applicants with derivatives were able to successfully submit their entries though.
Sure. I know for the most part applicants with derivatives were successful in their application but I’ve had three friends who’ve brought up this issue with me who couldn’t complete their applications successfully even for last years lottery and gave up.
I myself tried helping out one with the application but faced the same challenges.
Are there any members who’ve experienced similar issues out there?

Last edited: