• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2022

ah! Gotchu!... He’d be able to perpetuate the lie and get away with it in the short term but detrimental to his family in the long run. Not worth it. I’ll advice him accordingly
Plus, if the lie gets discovered it will have consequences of (1) permanent ban on entry to the US (for fraudulent misrepresentation) - whether discovered at the interview or at any time thereafter (2) having his green card stripped and being deported if discovered later. What makes you/he so sure he would get away with it in the short term even? They do background checks and it could well come up.

Plus, if the lie gets discovered it will have consequences of (1) permanent ban on entry to the US (for fraudulent misrepresentation) - whether discovered at the interview or at any time thereafter (2) having his green card stripped and being deported if discovered later. What makes you/he so sure he would get away with it in the short term even? They do background checks and it could well come up.
Saying they can get away with it in the short term because I know personally someone who filled his application as single but was married with kids at the time. He’s now in SoCal. as we speak.

Saying they can get away with it in the short term because I know personally someone who filled his application as single but was married with kids at the time. He’s now in SoCal. as we speak.
What you mean is, they might get away with it. I also know of people who were caught out at interview.

Separately, I’m always amazed at people who will just abandon their family entirely for a green card. I presume your friend realizes he can never bring his family. Poor kids being abandoned by their dad.

ah! Gotchu!... He’d be able to perpetuate the lie and get away with it in the short term but detrimental to his family in the long run. Not worth it. I’ll advice him accordingly

Slight calcification on what I wrote and what you interpreted it to be - he may be able to, (not necessarily he will be able to) and where that to happen, he will continuously live in fear of being discovered and the consequences when that happens.

Yes, this person was able to get away with the lie for now. I suppose he is prepared to be permanently separated from his family or what are his plans for getting them to the US? Keep perpetuating the lie with more lies? Frankly speaking, this person is not quite out of the woods. Their entire immigration file will be reviewed afresh when they become eligible to apply and subsequently proceeds with applying for naturalization.

There’s actually a similar case reported on the 2014 Kenyan thread, if memory serves me right. The fella (an earlier DV selectee) had lied about being single with no derivatives on their eDV entry, successfully completed the processing and relocated to the US. He was eventually caught in the lie while trying to enter Canada with one of the kids later on (yes, Canada and the US share immigration information), they not only got deported from Canada, this person’s GC was equally revoked.

What you mean is, they might get away with it. I also know of people who were caught out at interview.

Separately, I’m always amazed at people who will just abandon their family entirely for a green card. I presume your friend realizes he can never bring his family. Poor kids being abandoned by their dad.
In this particular case, the dad was filling the application last minute thus left out the family to beat the deadline because he didn’t have their photos and all. He hadn’t planned on “abandoning” his kids but the circumstances forced him to. He’s a naturalized citizen now and visits his kids from time to time.

Last edited:
Yes, this person was able to get away with the lie for now. I suppose he is prepared to be permanently separated from his family or what are his plans for getting them to the US? Keep perpetuating the lie with more lies? Frankly speaking, this person is not quite out of the woods. Their entire immigration file will be reviewed afresh when they become eligible to apply and subsequently proceeds with applying for naturalization.
He’s accepted the fact that his spouse and kids will never join him in the States. He’s actually a naturalized citizen now. He participated in the DV2009.

Slight calcification on what I wrote and what you interpreted it to be - he may be able to, (not necessarily he will be able to) and where that to happen, he will continuously live in fear of being discovered and the consequences when that happens.
Well noted. I meant to say he may get away with it and NOT will get away with it like Suzie pointed out too. I might have also given someone out there the impression that they can get away with this which wasn’t the intention.

Last edited:
In this particular case, the dad was filling the application last minute thus left out the family to beat the deadline because he didn’t have their photos and all. He hadn’t planned on “abandoning” his kids but the circumstances forced him to. He’s a naturalized citizen now and visits his kids from time to time.
Nothing forced him to do it. He chose to abandon his kids (visiting from time to time, really, that means anything?) I’m sorry, what a tosser.

Well noted. I meant to say he may get away with it and NOT will get away with it like Suzie pointed out too. I might have also given someone out there the impression that they can get away with this which wasn’t the intention.
You may have given someone out there the impression that lying under oath on an immigration form, and fraudulent misrepresentation, to the US government is ok. I sincerely hope that wasn’t the intention, given the serious consequences for those who get found out.

He’s accepted the fact that his spouse and kids will never join him in the States. He’s actually a naturalized citizen now. He participated in the DV2009.
Yikes. I can’t imagine how he/his family must feel. Aside from never living with his family in the US, his citizenship is still subject to revocation for misrepresentation/concealment of a material fact because he would have dragged that lie further when he filled the N-400. This form asks about marital and children information. So he’s not in the clear.

I’m always amazed by the great lengths people take to get a US visa. I would have just bowed out of that year’s entry.

Hello. I have a question related to DV-2022. I have filled the form. But l have choosen university button as l am studying at university but not graduated it. Is it correct. Or should l have sellected high school. Next doubt is that l have written my region- andijan in the "adress" column. But not written my full adress, like andijan region-khojaabad district-olmaliq st 53. Is it nor wrong.
Thank you

Hello. I have a question related to DV-2022. I have filled the form. But l have choosen university button as l am studying at university but not graduated it. Is it correct. Or should l have sellected high school. Next doubt is that l have written my region- andijan in the "adress" column. But not written my full adress, like andijan region-khojaabad district-olmaliq st 53. Is it nor wrong.
Thank you

These are non-issues, nothing to worry about especially since you're yet to be selected.

How to get DV 2022
Hello guys how to complate dv on line? pleas help me

The entry period for DV2022 is closed, the entries for DV2023 should open in early October. This is the official page and website to enter on (a link to entry will be available when it is open in October), be careful not to use any other websites to enter as they may be scam sites. https://dvprogram.state.gov/
You can also see more official information here including warnings against using “agents” (who are often scammers) https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ogram-entry/diversity-visa-submit-entry1.html

Good luck to everyone who applied for the DV 2022 lottery this week. I am quietly hopeful that this year could see my luck change. I hope to see you in the winners circle. If not see you all again in October for the DV2023 hehehe
Good luck to you too coolabahdee and everyone else! Anxiously awaiting the weekend and hopefully this year will be the one!