• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

H
HI @LRennes,

Thank you for your update. Did you try and change which consulate you wanted to have your interview at? or did you already have your interview organised for London because you are a permanent resident there?

I have been in touch with the Sydney Consulate, and we are in the process of deciding whether we will make an application to change we consulate we have a interview done at?

thank you
Charli
Hi Charli, keep us updated if Syd consulate offer any info on the new process or timelines for opening!

HI @LRennes,

Thank you for your update. Did you try and change which consulate you wanted to have your interview at? or did you already have your interview organised for London because you are a permanent resident there?

I have been in touch with the Sydney Consulate, and we are in the process of deciding whether we will make an application to change we consulate we have a interview done at?

thank you
Charli
Hi Syd2022,

I live in the UK so was always going to be interviewed in London. So not sure if my situation will be of much help to you I'm afraid.

Hi @LRennes

First of all, congrats!
Which tracker did you update? I cant see your entry on this forums consulap processing tracker
Is it possible to get in contact with you by any chance, as I am also hoping to do my interview in London. At the moment I know 4 people from DV22 who are meants to do the interview in London, maybe we can create a group?
I've only updated the OC specific tracker (line 7). I don't seem to be able to edit the main one so if someone wants to add my info they can. And sure, feel free to send me a message or add to a group :)

H

Hi Charli, keep us updated if Syd consulate offer any info on the new process or timelines for opening!
Hi @AusOC, no information was offered on Timelines. It seemed to be an automated response with lots of links to check. It was also suggested we monitor the US Consulate in Sydney page, so I didn't learn anything new and the specific question I asked was not answered.
Cheers
Charli

Hi @AusOC, no information was offered on Timelines. It seemed to be an automated response with lots of links to check. It was also suggested we monitor the US Consulate in Sydney page, so I didn't learn anything new and the specific question I asked was not answered.
Cheers
Charli
Thank you! Have been checking that page everyday, hopefully we hear updates this week!

Does anyone have any information on the Auckland consulate reopening? Now that we have a date for the move to the traffic light system (Thu 2nd at midnight), I am hoping that they reopen for immigrant visa interviews on this date. Their website currently says that they will reassess if it is safe to do so when the traffic light system comes online.

Hi Everyone,
Since we never recieved a DR or DQ email from KCC, we contacted the US Consulate in Sydney to determine if we could get a copy of the DQ date or confirmation email and also if there is another way to get confirmation of the proposed interfere date other than checking E-DV on a daily basis (second half of the month following publishing of the VB) so that we don't miss our interview since we don't seem to be getting any 'automated' emails from KCC. yes, we have confirmed with KCC our email address on record is correct. KCC have also stated when they told us via email that we were doc qualified that they couldn't do anything further with our case and if we had further questions to contact the relevant consulate.

We received this following response this morning.....

Our current focus is to interview immigrant visa applicants with pending cases at U.S. Consulate Sydney which we have been unable to process. After we process these cases, we will start scheduling other cases.
Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

So, effectively, my understanding is that no DV visa interviews will be done until they catch up the backlog (6months min so far) from the consulate being closed first due to the extended lockdown in Sydney and secondly due the their current closure as they are renovating/moving office. Those cases that have been transferred to Melbourne at this stage do NOT include DV interviews and Sydney is yet to suggest a timeline for catching up on the backlog/opening the Sydney office or the consideration of moving DV interviews to Melbourne.

Hope this is helpful information for people waiting to be scheduled for an interview in Sydney
Cheers
Charli

Hi Everyone,
Since we never recieved a DR or DQ email from KCC, we contacted the US Consulate in Sydney to determine if we could get a copy of the DQ date or confirmation email and also if there is another way to get confirmation of the proposed interfere date other than checking E-DV on a daily basis (second half of the month following publishing of the VB) so that we don't miss our interview since we don't seem to be getting any 'automated' emails from KCC. yes, we have confirmed with KCC our email address on record is correct. KCC have also stated when they told us via email that we were doc qualified that they couldn't do anything further with our case and if we had further questions to contact the relevant consulate.

We received this following response this morning.....

Our current focus is to interview immigrant visa applicants with pending cases at U.S. Consulate Sydney which we have been unable to process. After we process these cases, we will start scheduling other cases.
Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

So, effectively, my understanding is that no DV visa interviews will be done until they catch up the backlog (6months min so far) from the consulate being closed first due to the extended lockdown in Sydney and secondly due the their current closure as they are renovating/moving office. Those cases that have been transferred to Melbourne at this stage do NOT include DV interviews and Sydney is yet to suggest a timeline for catching up on the backlog/opening the Sydney office or the consideration of moving DV interviews to Melbourne.

Hope this is helpful information for people waiting to be scheduled for an interview in Sydney
Cheers
Charli
Damn :(

Does this mean may is probably the way to think. What about the lawsuit
I think it is too hard to predict. It depends how quickly Sydney opens, and how many cases for other categories Melbourne can take (although we did hear (unverified) that Melbourne has a 3 month wait on E3 interviews. Perth may also be able to take other cases if they open up their borders to other aussies. At this stage there is no opportunity to transfer to New Zealand unless things change because NZ isn't planning on opening up to aussies until april according to the media. Things can change very suddenly though so whilst there is a strong possibility it may not be until May things could suddenly change for the better at any time. We just have to be patient and stay in limbo land

I think it is too hard to predict. It depends how quickly Sydney opens, and how many cases for other categories Melbourne can take (although we did hear (unverified) that Melbourne has a 3 month wait on E3 interviews. Perth may also be able to take other cases if they open up their borders to other aussies. At this stage there is no opportunity to transfer to New Zealand unless things change because NZ isn't planning on opening up to aussies until april according to the media. Things can change very suddenly though so whilst there is a strong possibility it may not be until May things could suddenly change for the better at any time. We just have to be patient and stay in limbo land
Hi did you check about changing to fiji embassy as our borders are opening next week?

Hi did you check about changing to fiji embassy as our borders are opening next week?
Hi @Samfj, we have received mixed messages from both KCC and US Consulate in Australia regarding this. Each has told us to ask the other, that it's their responsibility. We would like to know more detailed (and accurate) information before going down the path of trying to change our interview to a different location. At the moment there are just too many unknowns, and we are concerned if we try to change interview locations we could end up getting (further) lost in the system. Especially since we never received a request for documents nor a document qualified /ready for scheduling email, yet KCC tells us we are document qualified. It seems to be very disorganised this year and KCC don't appear to be following any routine.

Do you mean second citizenship? Or nationality like background? Truthfully I can’t remember the questions on the form.

I have a second citizenship from a European country and I was DQ’d a month ago. There was seemingly no delay in qualifying the docs (took ~6 weeks as expected).

That being said, I’ve read elsewhere in the forum it depends on what country the second citizenship is and if it represents a security risk for the US. I could be mistaken here (or just idle gossip) but another poster said screening might be more thorough if so.
Hi @Dv22melb,
Congrats on being DQ!
I have just received my email to supply my documents, and was hoping you may be able to help me.

I too am a dual citizen with a European passport.

Did you email KCC both the Australian passport and the European passport?
Or just the Australian one?
If you sent both what was your file name for the passports?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Dv22melb,
Congrats on being DQ!
I have just received my email to supply my documents, and was hoping you may be able to help me.

Thanks in advance.
I emailed both passports as recommended by Brit Simon and was DQ in four weeks. I labelled the passports: 2022OC000003XX_John_Doe_Passport_Country_Australia and the second one the same except the last word is changed to your other country of nationality, obviously. Good luck!

Hi @Dv22melb,
Congrats on being DQ!

Thanks in advance.
Hey,
I sent only my Australian passport (country of chargeability). I had listed my second passport in the application but they never requested it and I was worried about confusing them truthfully.

Seems like many people have done it both ways and have been DQ’d with/without providing the second.
If Simon did say to provide second (like poster above says), it might be good to. Don’t know why they need it though. In the document directions, there’s no mention of providing all passports - only the one you entered with to prove it’s valid.

For what it's worth, I sent both passports and got an email saying that my passport didn't qualify. Could only figure it was by sending two passports as the Aus one should have been fine (good picture, valid, in date, etc).
I've since resubmitted with just the one passport but it's been 2 months and nothing, so don't know if that was the issue.
I'd still try with sending both first and see what happens.

Hi Everyone,
FYI....this is a copy of the email we sent through to KCC to find out when we were DQ as we have never received any 'automated' communication from KCC. Their response follows in a separate screen shot. In essence we received a 'tick-a-box' response that did not answer our questions.
Our main concern is that we won't know when we are scheduled for an interview given that we have never received any of the usual emails from KCC.

I hope this may help someone else in a similar situation to us. Happy to answer any questions. Just trying to help everyone and keep everything transparent.

Kind regards
Charli.

2022OC2** CN current in November
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
No automated emails from KCC. apparently DQ, not sure of date but guessing DQ sometime between august 10th- November 19th 2021. Since vie emailed KCC directly and were notified November 19th we were already DQ.

IMG_2425.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpg
    IMG_2426.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Hi all,

I've just recently renewed my passport and I was wondering if I need to update my DS-260? (since I applied with my old passport)

Does anyone know anyone who has gone through this before?

Thanks!