• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi Simon (@Britsimon),
thank you so much for your live video yesterday. My husband and I watched it in full when we were able to get enough internet service to be able to see you video and get sound. I really appreciate that you answered my question even though I couldn't listen live. To clarify, we don't have any major changes to make in our DS-260. The only thing we noticed was the NZ had been left off the list of countries travelled to, even though we are both certain we both entered that information. At the time we realised this, you answered our questioned and said it was not necessary to open up the DS260 to add NZ as we had an early number CN 2022OC2XX.

I note from your video yesterday that you mentioned KCC processed Dv2022 DS260's up until approx 20th May and from the date I can see on the excel tracking sites that concurs with your comments generally. However, we submitted 11th May, 9 days prior to the 20th May and it appears on the tracking data that we are the only ones in Oceania, unless i have missed someone, that submitted the DS260's prior to 20th May that have NOT yet received a request to send documents (and it appears everyone is getting that request whether they sent docs in without being asked or not).

I emailed KCC 4th November requesting further information about our case. This was not an unlock request. I actually sent the email through twice as the first time i was too hasty in sending it as I forgot to include my DOB. The second email had my DOB. I received two replies from KCC 6th November (2 days later), a reply to each email. This first one stated no information could be provided as I hadn't provided enough identifying information. This was sent from "Lorrie". The second email was from "Michael" and provided the following response.....

"Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Once the Kentucky Consular Center has finished processing your DS-260, you will receive an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing."

We submitted our DS260s over 27 weeks ago and before 20th May
when they stopped processing DS260's for DV2022 for a period of time to focus on the 2021? Should we be concerned that we are the only CN prior to the 20th May that have NOT been sent a Document Request and haven't had our DS260's processed. I completely understand the year is getting screwed up again as it did last year and the year before, however I am starting to wonder whether they starting processing our case but had not finished prior to May 20th and then somehow moved on and have not realised our case has not yet been processed completely as i believe the above quote is an automated response from KCC.

Should we continue to wait patiently? or should we Question whether our case has been inadvertently put aside and forgotten about?

CN 2022OC2xx; DS260s submitted 11th May; Documents sent without request 29th June; family of 2 - husband and wife;

Thank you Simon (@Britsimon)
warm regards
Charlotte
Hey Charlotte. Not too sure how active Britsimon is on this page. Best to post this to his blog too

W
Not if the Melbourne Consulate doesn’t schedule DV interviews… which they’re being very vague about. I heard the Sydney Consulate isn’t going to open until April 2022… have a look at their Facebook page.
Where did you read April 2022? I can’t n find that on the FB page, it seems like a really long time for an office move…

Not if the Melbourne Consulate doesn’t schedule DV interviews… which they’re being very vague about. I heard the Sydney Consulate isn’t going to open until April 2022… have a look at their Facebook page.
Where did you hear this? I don’t see any mention on their social accounts

See attached screenshots.
Maybe if we all be a bit more vocal on their Facebook page we can draw some attention to scheduling DV interviews in Melbourne?

7AC7847A-8250-4161-B4EB-6B07312585D2.jpeg5E574F7E-8778-41F2-BFCA-B2D6DFA9E769.jpeg367BFC20-805C-4ADD-8335-2D4DB49646DB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if we all be a bit more vocal on their Facebook page we can draw some attention to scheduling DV interviews in Melbourne?

View attachment 3180View attachment 3181View attachment 3182

The embassy don't schedule DV interviews. KCC do that. So - unless you are DQ'd, current, and scheduled by KCC, contacting the other consulate is a waste of time. What I "expect" to happen is that KCC will schedule at Sydney - and that embassy will move cases as appropriate - *IF* it is agreed that Melbourne do DV interviews.

The embassy don't schedule DV interviews. KCC do that. So - unless you are DQ'd, current, and scheduled by KCC, contacting the other consulate is a waste of time. What I "expect" to happen is that KCC will schedule at Sydney - and that embassy will move cases as appropriate - *IF* it is agreed that Melbourne do DV interviews.
I see! It does seem as though Sydney are listening to people’s concerns… they’re just a bit slow to act. A glimpse of hope I guess.

Attachments

• 7AE4524F-61A6-44D4-9536-D8FE8A1E34A1.jpeg
    7AE4524F-61A6-44D4-9536-D8FE8A1E34A1.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 39
A construction worker is not an embassy employee though. Let's be careful with the information we're sharing, especially when such information is not from an official source.

Ho

View attachment 3180View attachment 3181View attachment 3182
View attachment 3180View attachment 3181View attachment 3182This makes me feel better as I wouldn’t get hung up on construction workers word! Also, offices can start to move in before the entire building is complete, last year we moved into our north Sydney office while construction/fit out was still happening on other floors.
I live in North Sydney, maybe I’ll go for a little sneak peak….
Hopefully from Jan we start seeing movement!

A construction worker is not an embassy employee though. Let's be careful with the information we're sharing, especially when such information is not from an official source.

Fair point! I do think that the fact that the Sydney Consulate has arranged for Immigrant Visas and US Citizen Services to be processed in Melbourne for the first time speaks to their extended delay in opening.
Hopefully, they will also move DV cases to Melbourne. Will just have to wait and see!

Hi, is it okay to travel overseas while processing ds260? or do we need to unlock and inform kcc or we can update this in the interview?

Hello everyone,

Just saw an post on Simon's blog about the tiered prioritization being revoked. So dose that mean the the processing will be more fast now for DV?

Hi, is it okay to travel overseas while processing ds260? or do we need to unlock and inform kcc or we can update this in the interview?
No need to unlock, you can update at interview. Just has to be correct at time of submission!

Hi Everyone, I understand the Sydney US consular office is currently closed and I heard that staff are working from home until the north Sydney office opens possibly not until April 2022.

however if anyone has already or if anyone does receive and 2NL could you please let me know?

long story to hard to explain but we don’t think we will get an email from KCC about the 2NL and don’t want to get locked out by Che king too Many times. So we need to know when they are starting to schedule interviews for DV 2022 so we don’t miss our interview date. We have a low case number 2022OC2**. We are current.

thanksso much

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is much help for those with concerns about the Sydney Consulate, but I received the 2NL notification yesterday for interview on January 7th at the London Embassy. Tracker updated.

Cheers
HI @LRennes,

Thank you for your update. Did you try and change which consulate you wanted to have your interview at? or did you already have your interview organised for London because you are a permanent resident there?

I have been in touch with the Sydney Consulate, and we are in the process of deciding whether we will make an application to change we consulate we have a interview done at?

thank you
Charli

Hi @LRennes

First of all, congrats!
Which tracker did you update? I cant see your entry on this forums consulap processing tracker
Is it possible to get in contact with you by any chance, as I am also hoping to do my interview in London. At the moment I know 4 people from DV22 who are meants to do the interview in London, maybe we can create a group?