• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hey Simon - thanks for your wonderful work. I have sent a tip on your website and YouTube. OC20226XX.

We are based in Sydney and concerned like everyone when/if we will get our interviews.

I have been in de facto relationship for 11 years and was married last week.

I submitted my DS260 back in May (DQ in October) as single though after some reflection we decided that it was best for my partner to head to the US as a derivative on my DV rather than work sponsored. We were married last week.

On the week end we updated the DS260 adding my partners details. As we added a new person onto the DS260 does this mean we will go back into the end of the line for DS submissions? Are interviews based on original DS submission dates or after updates?

The only grace I hope we have is I have a relatively low number so hope we wont miss out...

Good luck everyone...

People are far too focussed on DS submission date. Relax. As long as the embassies are open there is PLENTY of time for OC.

Sydney Consulate posted on their FB today that they have requested more cases from the NVC for Jan and Feb....

I have sent them an email to ask if they will also be requesting DV cases from KCC - will let you know if they reply!!
Do you know if this means they’ll be open in Jan? Wondering if there was any indication in the post

Hi All,

Sydney embassy replied with absolutely no information at all -

Thank you for your inquiry.
The U.S Consulate General Sydney has paused all routine and emergency visa services while we move to our new location. This includes Immigrant visa applicants (including K fiancé(e) visa applicants), Diversity visa (DV) applications and services for Lawful Permanent Residents.
We will resume public services in Sydney as soon as possible. Please refer to updates on the Embassy website.
Regards,

After pushing the Syd Embassy further if DV will be included in the rescheduling at Melbourne, I did get the following response which is perhaps not the news we were hoping for -

Our current focus is to interview immigrant visa applicants with pending cases at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and the National Visa Center. After we process these cases, we will start scheduling cases from the Kentucky Consular Center.

It seems that for rescheduling interviews in Melbourne only they will not be prioritizing DV, but rather those cases at NVC first. From the issues that we can see on FB they are having in getting the cases from NVC for Jan/Feb, I think we will all be waiting for the consulate to open.

I have asked multiple times when they expect to open with no response.

After pushing the Syd Embassy further if DV will be included in the rescheduling at Melbourne, I did get the following response which is perhaps not the news we were hoping for -

Our current focus is to interview immigrant visa applicants with pending cases at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and the National Visa Center. After we process these cases, we will start scheduling cases from the Kentucky Consular Center.

It seems that for rescheduling interviews in Melbourne only they will not be prioritizing DV, but rather those cases at NVC first. From the issues that we can see on FB they are having in getting the cases from NVC for Jan/Feb, I think we will all be waiting for the consulate to open.

Thank you for the update!!

I emailed the Sydney Consulate as well, and received a very similar response. However, they also added in this line about transferring:

"In the meanwhile, from December 2021 we commenced immigrant visa interviews at the U.S. Consulate in Melbourne to address the reduction in services in Sydney. You may also want to consider transferring your application to another U.S. consulate servicing immigrant visas outside of Australia. Please refer to Travel.state.gov for further information at website:
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html"

I emailed the Sydney Consulate as well, and received a very similar response. However, they also added in this line about transferring:

"In the meanwhile, from December 2021 we commenced immigrant visa interviews at the U.S. Consulate in Melbourne to address the reduction in services in Sydney. You may also want to consider transferring your application to another U.S. consulate servicing immigrant visas outside of Australia.
Hey Melb 22,
Yes my email had that line too. Seems as thought they don’t understand their own processes if they think we can just “transfer to another consulate” …

Just a big waiting game…

Hi everyone!! I had to renewed my passport because it was about to expire and I had to travel abroad. So, there's a passport number in DS260 and currently I have another new. Should I ask for reopen DS260 and update the passport number and the countries I have been or just taking both to the interview?

"In the meanwhile, from December 2021 we commenced immigrant visa interviews at the U.S. Consulate in Melbourne to address the reduction in services in Sydney. You may also want to consider transferring your application to another U.S. consulate servicing immigrant visas outside of Australia. Please refer to Travel.state.gov for further information at website:
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html"
Most embassies will not accept cases from other countries unless you have a permanent residence(local address)or I think if you are a citizen and this will apply more due to covid and all plus not all embassies are working full capacity and they have to schedule interviews for local applicants.....

Thanks for the update!
Disappointing though - I thought the removal of tiers would’ve meant some action for DV.

Hopefully the embassy opens at some point ;)

Thanks for the update!
Disappointing though - I thought the removal of tiers would’ve meant some action for DV.

Hopefully the embassy opens at some point ;)
What I dont understand is why Melbourne not scheduling dv interviews....we are the only ones with a time limit....can't anything else be done???....

What I dont understand is why Melbourne not scheduling dv interviews....we are the only ones with a time limit....can't anything else be done???....
Because Sydney is the only consulate that conducts immigrant visa interviews

Hey Guys, I feel a little tinfoil hat though I have been doing some sleuthing and saw the following advert pop up for Melbourne visa processing? I cant post the link in here though check the Melbourne Consulate website... Looks as though they are prepping up...

Most embassies will not accept cases from other countries unless you have a permanent residence(local address)or I think if you are a citizen and this will apply more due to covid and all plus not all embassies are working full capacity and they have to schedule interviews for local applicants.....
If you have a permanent residency in another country do you think is it a good idea to change interview location to that particular country or just wait till Sydney embassy resumes work?

If you have a permanent residency in another country do you think is it a good idea to change interview location to that particular country or just wait till Sydney embassy resumes work?
I wouldn't wanna give u wrong advice...not u should ask brit Simon.....he could be the correct person to ask

Hey Guys, I feel a little tinfoil hat though I have been doing some sleuthing and saw the following advert pop up for Melbourne visa processing? I cant post the link in here though check the Melbourne Consulate website... Looks as though they are prepping up...
Are you referring to the jobs advertised? Looks like they are hiring TWO visa assistants!