• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

"If you've already submitted your documents to KCC and are already DQ'd, you don't need to do anything at this point. Plan on taking both the expired and the new passport to your interview" is what @Sm1smom told me when I asked this question. Not sure about the travel history tho

Hi everyone!! I had to renewed my passport because it was about to expire and I had to travel abroad. So, there's a passport number in DS260 and currently I have another new. Should I ask for reopen DS260 and update the passport number and the countries I have been or just taking both to the interview?

Does anyone know if the Auckland consulate is doing interviews under the “red” Covid setting of the new traffic light system?

Does anyone know if the Auckland consulate is doing interviews under the “red” Covid setting of the new traffic light system?
No, they are only starting routine immigrant visa interviews in “orange” which will hopefully include DV when that moves. I’m hoping they announce a move on Monday, otherwise the next chance to move to orange isn’t until January. I hope they are planning for IVs in Feb and telling KCC they have slots so that we can get booked in for those, otherwise if they wait until we are actually in orange before telling KCC they have capacity it could be a while before we start getting IVs. Let me know if you have any other info!

"If you've already submitted your documents to KCC and are already DQ'd, you don't need to do anything at this point. Plan on taking both the expired and the new passport to your interview" is what @Sm1smom told me when I asked this question. Not sure about the travel history tho
Thanks! The travel history may be important I think…

No, they are only starting routine immigrant visa interviews in “orange” which will hopefully include DV when that moves. I’m hoping they announce a move on Monday, otherwise the next chance to move to orange isn’t until January. I hope they are planning for IVs in Feb and telling KCC they have slots so that we can get booked in for those, otherwise if they wait until we are actually in orange before telling KCC they have capacity it could be a while before we start getting IVs. Let me know if you have any other info!
Mmm…that doesn’t bode well for many interviews being conducted. Auckland currently at “red” with approx only 100 to 200 Covid cases reported each day, the rest of the country at “orange” with zero cases. It’s going to be pretty much impossible for any region to move to “green” based on these strict metrics from the govt. Even if Auckland moves to “orange”, there’s a high likelihood of quickly returning to “red” when/if cases rise.

Compare this with the UK, a country that’s currently experiencing approx 50,000 cases / day, and yet the UK govt is allowing the US consulate to conduct DV interviews. As I’ve got dual citizenship, I’m thinking of moving to Europe and changing to the London consulate to give myself a better chance of getting an interview (But I’m waiting for next week’s NZ govt announcement on alert level changes to get a better gauge on what things will look like next year).

Mmm…that doesn’t bode well for many interviews being conducted. Auckland currently at “red” with approx only 100 to 200 Covid cases reported each day, the rest of the country at “orange” with zero cases. It’s going to be pretty much impossible for any region to move to “green” based on these strict metrics from the govt. Even if Auckland moves to “orange”, there’s a high likelihood of quickly returning to “red” when/if cases rise.

Compare this with the UK, a country that’s currently experiencing approx 50,000 cases / day, and yet the UK govt is allowing the US consulate to conduct DV interviews. As I’ve got dual citizenship, I’m thinking of moving to Europe and changing to the London consulate to give myself a better chance of getting an interview (But I’m waiting for next week’s NZ govt announcement on alert level changes to get a better gauge on what things will look like next year).
Yeah, could be a good option if you have dual citizenship.

The Auckland Consulate is pretty good at providing updates if you email them with questions so could be worth asking them when they plan to start DV interviews once the traffic light update comes out on Monday

Yeah, could be a good option if you have dual citizenship.

The Auckland Consulate is pretty good at providing updates if you email them with questions so could be worth asking them when they plan to start DV interviews once the traffic light update comes out on Monday
Good idea! I’ll email them next week to get a bit more info. Fingers crossed the next ten months run smoothly

Yea, changing to a different indeed a good idea to do so IMO if you’re not restricted from leaving.
Hmmmm interesting! I hadn’t really considered moving mine to Europe but I may now… I’ll have to check local conditions for embassies.
Concerning regarding the corona wave they seem to have at the moment and whether this will lead to more shut downs over winter.

I’ve never read through the process of changing embassies so could I please ask - how long would it take? Ideally I’d like to keep it in Aus (because my Italian is rusty to say the least lol) and then move the case maybe March next year if Syd has no action.
Is this leaving it too late?

If it matters: OC4XX, DQ in Oct

Thanks to anyone who could provide some advice

Hmmmm interesting! I hadn’t really considered moving mine to Europe but I may now… I’ll have to check local conditions for embassies.
Concerning regarding the corona wave they seem to have at the moment and whether this will lead to more shut downs over winter.

I’ve never read through the process of changing embassies so could I please ask - how long would it take? Ideally I’d like to keep it in Aus (because my Italian is rusty to say the least lol) and then move the case maybe March next year if Syd has no action.

You need to mail kcc to do that. They do that now within a day. But you need to explain in your mail why you want to change the embassy. And mention your case number, name and birth date as it appears in 1nl.

In the past, the process for changing a previously selected interview location involved:

1. Emailing KCC requesting DS260 unlock and updating the current address section (this should be the address under the jurisdiction of the new embassy one is changing to).
2. Resubmitting the DS260 following the address update
3. Follow-up email to KCC informing them of one's plan of changing from a previously selected embassy to a new embassy based on the newly listed current address on the DS260 form.
4. KCC emails back confirming the embassy change request (although the DS260 will still reflect the previously selected embassy when you check the form online, this is not a problem as long as KCC sends out the email response confirming their awareness of the change request)

Ideally I’d like to keep it in Aus (because my Italian is rusty to say the least lol)
Yeah and? You’d be going to the US Consulate in Italy, not the Italian Consulate in Italy, lol. You’d be dealing with all english speaking Americans…

In the past, the process for changing a previously selected interview location involved:

1. Emailing KCC requesting DS260 unlock and updating the current address section (this should be the address under the jurisdiction of the new embassy one is changing to).
2. Resubmitting the DS260 following the address update
3. Follow-up email to KCC informing them of one's plan of changing from a previously selected embassy to a new embassy based on the newly listed current address on the DS260 form.
4. KCC emails back confirming the embassy change request (although the DS260 will still reflect the previously selected embassy when you check the form online, this is not a problem as long as KCC sends out the email response confirming their awareness of the change request)
Awesome - thank you! I appreciate the help!

You need to mail kcc to do that. They do that now within a day. But you need to explain in your mail why you want to change the embassy. And mention your case number, name and birth date as it appears in 1nl.
Cheers - thanks for the advice! Have you already done it?
If so, I was wondering how proving savings, education, etc requirements works. I’m assuming no translation is required as it’s a US consulate but still unsure if it needs to reflect local educational system, be presented in euros, etc.

Hi,

I am a winner from OC for 2022. Also am DQ. Just wondering if I was to receive a job offer in the US and they want me there before my interview date, is it possible to move with my wife on a work visa, then change my interview to a US location to whatever city we are living in.

Also I am from Brisbane, medicals can't be done in my city only in another do we have to go down way earlier or can we do same week as Interview>

Thanks for any help you have.

Hi,

I am a winner from OC for 2022. Also am DQ. Just wondering if I was to receive a job offer in the US and they want me there before my interview date, is it possible to move with my wife on a work visa, then change my interview to a US location to whatever city we are living in.

Also I am from Brisbane, medicals can't be done in my city only in another do we have to go down way earlier or can we do same week as Interview>

Thanks for any help you have.
1. You cannot simply change your interview location to whatever US city you may end up living in on a work visa. In order to complete your DV selection in the US, you will need to change to a completely different process know as AOS (Adjustment of Status), which is the GC processing route for someone already based in the US when the decision to file for adjustment was made. If you relocate to the US on a work visa (I'm assuming E3?) before your CP interview date, you will need to return to attend the interview at the local embassy.