• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thanks loads. That helped a lot to have an idea about my situation. Do you mean that the child will get any notification saying that "your application will not be considered" or something? I am asking this if we submit the AoS it involves a considerable expenditure, only to find out that the AoS will not be considered. Or will it be automatically deleted from the site, when the case get current? (I see it still as "completed" on the page when I check the site with my CN)
Sorry I forgot for a minute you were not pursuing a case where he is just a derivative at your interview . No, the onus is on you to determine whether or not he is eligible, just as the onus is on any applicant to determine if they are eligible for the immigration benefit being sought.

PS it will always “be considered” because only an interviewing officer can make a final determination. So if he has indeed aged out he would go through the entire process only to be denied at the interview.

Thanks a lot Sussie for the answer. I grasped the 2nd para fully and what I thought was "phew.." (not about the answer, but about the process). However, I did not fully understand the first para. I am the main applicant and in my application I included the under 21 child as derivative and indicated AoS due to his F1 status. Do you mean if I or my child decides that he is not eligible to go through AoS due to definitive aging out, that we can write to KCC and withdraw the DS-260?. I am sorry for these questions since this process is so confusing. Please tell me whenever you have time. Thanks.

Thanks a lot Sussie for the answer. I grasped the 2nd para fully and what I thought was "phew.." (not about the answer, but about the process). However, I did not fully understand the first para. I am the main applicant and in my application I included the under 21 child as derivative and indicated AoS due to his F1 status. Do you mean if I or my child decides that he is not eligible to go through AoS due to definitive aging out, that we can write to KCC and withdraw the DS-260?. I am sorry for these questions since this process is so confusing. Please tell me whenever you have time. Thanks.
Just don’t submit an AOS application for him if you indicated AOS. KCC has nothing to do with the AOS process. You cannot withdraw a DS260 once its submitted but you don’t have to act on it.

Alright, I am relieved to get that confusion cleared. I already messed up his potential future NIVs by submitting a 260, but at least I have a clear picture now. Thanks for the great tips and insight from you and mom.

Hi admins. My partner is going to apply for her AOS approximately in February or March. So, I already have a pending AOS application based on granted asylum at USCIS. Therefore, I've been thinking to submit an another AOS application with my partner as her spouse. However, I am not sure how it is going to work! My questions;

1. Can I have multiple AOS application at USCIS based on different status?
2. Do I need to mention that I already have a AOS application pending at USCIS when I apply for another one?
3. Before I apply for another AOS application do I need to make a transfer request or anything related?

Thanks in advance!
I know that there has been cases where people applied with pending Asylum cases and even got approved.

And I don't think you'll have to make a transfer or anything.

Hi admins. My partner is going to apply for her AOS approximately in February or March. So, I already have a pending AOS application based on granted asylum at USCIS. Therefore, I've been thinking to submit an another AOS application with my partner as her spouse. However, I am not sure how it is going to work! My questions;

1. Can I have multiple AOS application at USCIS based on different status?
2. Do I need to mention that I already have a AOS application pending at USCIS when I apply for another one?
3. Before I apply for another AOS application do I need to make a transfer request or anything related?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes.
2. Not for AOS. Disclosure is only required to be made on the I-485 if you have previous or pending application through CP.
3. No. The asylum based application continues on its own as is with whichever FO has jurisdiction over it.

FYI: There have been reported cases of people receiving their GC with "N/A" or "None" listed as their Middle Name - this has been traced to the fact that they wrote N/A or None on their I-485. In such a case, you will most definitely pay for the replacement GC, it will not be considered a USCIS error when requesting a replacement GC.

Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding the Money order for Adjustment of Status - Fee payment.
- I have wrote my Case number in the empty space on the Money order
- Pay to the order of : U.S. Department of State
- Purchaser's address: MY address
- Purchasers signature: MY signature
For "Payment For/Acct #" section, what should I write there? This is probably a dumb question but just wanted to make sure I got it all correct before sending out.

Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding the Money order for Adjustment of Status - Fee payment.
For "Payment For/Acct #" section, what should I write there? This is probably a dumb question but just wanted to make sure I got it all correct before sending out.
I believe you are talking about the I-485 Fee. If that's the case, the "Pay to" should be: U.S. Department of Homeland Security

However, "Pay to" should be U.S. Department of State only if you are paying DV Fee ($330).

Hi All,

For the payment for section, write down whatever it is that you're paying for. Write i_485 if it is for i-485 or write dv fee if it is

Hi All,

I have a question for y'all. I was born in Africa to migrant-worker parents and so entered the lottery under New Zealand as that is my Father's nationality/place of birth. I see under the required documents that USCIS requires a Birth Certificate. Mine by itself would indicate I would fall under AF.

Does anyone know if I will need to provide additional context or documentation for the agent to make it clear to them why I am eligible under NZL? Would I specify this in the cover letter?

Thank you for your help and insight.

Hi All,

I have a question for y'all. I was born in Africa to migrant-worker parents and so entered the lottery under New Zealand as that is my Father's nationality/place of birth. I see under the required documents that USCIS requires a Birth Certificate. Mine by itself would indicate I would fall under AF.

Does anyone know if I will need to provide additional context or documentation for the agent to make it clear to them why I am eligible under NZL? Would I specify this in the cover letter?

Thank you for your help and insight.
Why didn’t you enter as AF? Anyway, you will need to bring the proof that your parents were only temporarily in Africa to your interview. You presumably explained this in the section of the entry that asks you to explain why if you charge to a country other than your place of birth.

Last edited:
Why didn’t you enter as AF? Anyway, you will need to bring the proof that your parents were only temporarily in Africa to your interview. You presumably explained this in the section of the entry that asks you to explain why if you charge to a country other than your place of birth.
Thank you for your clarification.

My reasoning was that I looked at the number of people who entered versus the number of people who were chosen over the recent years (my odds of winning) for each of the countries I could charge to. I was 4 times as likely to win if I picked NZL. It was so long ago I do not fully remember what I wrote in that section but I am sure I explained it.

I will start collecting their work permits and other details to show they were in temporary status when I was born.

Thank you.

Thank you for your clarification.

My reasoning was that I looked at the number of people who entered versus the number of people who were chosen over the recent years (my odds of winning) for each of the countries I could charge to. I was 4 times as likely to win if I picked NZL. It was so long ago I do not fully remember what I wrote in that section but I am sure I explained it.

I will start collecting their work permits and other details to show they were in temporary status when I was born.

Thank you.
Are you married to a New Zealand citizen?

I am trying to fill up the I-485 application and in the employment and address history section, I am not pretty sure about my exact date of residence and employment, I was wondering if it would create any problem in the future if I put the estimated dates of residence and employment?

I am trying to fill up the I-485 application and in the employment and address history section, I am not pretty sure about my exact date of residence and employment, I was wondering if it would create any problem in the future if I put the estimated dates of residence and employment?
No problem with guesstimating the dates

Are you married to a New Zealand citizen?
Hi, I am not. I am a New Zealand citizen myself but my wife is actually a US citizen. We have already filed for GC by marriage but because it is moving so incredibly slowly, and since we have been married less than two years (so will have to deal with the 2-year refresh), I am doing the DV GC application as well. It may actually come sooner and I wouldn't have to go through it again in 2 years.