• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hey guys, I just read in the instructions to i-485 that "If you are filing Form I-485 as a DV applicant, you do not need to submit evidence of financial support.". However, I read in the AOS spreadsheet (tab AOS Package, 7.Evidence of Financial Support) that we must provide a slew of support (i.e., bank statements, recent pay slips, W-2..). Can you please advise on what to include or not include in the package? Btw I'm single applicant with no derivatives.

Hey guys, I just read in the instructions to i-485 that "If you are filing Form I-485 as a DV applicant, you do not need to submit evidence of financial support.". However, I read in the AOS spreadsheet (tab AOS Package, 7.Evidence of Financial Support) that we must provide a slew of support (i.e., bank statements, recent pay slips, W-2..). Can you please advise on what to include or not include in the package? Btw I'm single applicant with no derivatives.

Include everything mentioned in the spreadsheet, if you can, and anything else you think will support your case. When the instructions say you don't need to submit evidence of financial support, they are probably referring to sponsorship forms, affidavits of support etc. which are are strictly required for some categories but not for DV. But what they're not telling you is that USCIS doesn't "need" to approve your case either, so just because you don't strictly need to submit evidence doesn't mean you shouldn't ;)

When did he turn 21? How high is your case number? There is a chance he might be protected under CSPA depending on these answers. Effectively he has around 7 months protection - so if there is less than 7 months between his 21st birthday and when your case number is current he will be ok as a derivative.

I am not clear, are you also in the US and doing AOS?
Thanks a lot Susie for your concern. I am not in the US, I will have to do CP. My child is in the US with F 1 and turned 21 already in this April, though was under 21 at the time of application. However, I filled DS 260 for both of us and put AoS for him. According to the comments of the Forum, I see that when my CN ASxxx24k comes up next year, there would be no chance for the child.

One note that if you already mentioned him on your DV submission, and if you are doing AOS yourself, IMO it would be a good idea to send an email to KCC after sending your payment indicating that you are the only one doing AOS. Sometimes they withhold confirming that to your IO thinking that you have not paid in full for all applicants.
Thanks a lot. No, I am not doing AoS since I am not in the US. Only filled DS 260 indicating that my child would be doing AoS. But it seems it would not come to the processing status due to my high CN. I am the principle applicant.

I am F1 visa DV Selectee 2022.I was wondering if I can file i-765 and i-131 along with i-485 as it seems like i-765 is only for certain alians status?

I am F1 visa DV Selectee 2022.I was wondering if I can file i-765 and i-131 along with i-485 as it seems like i-765 is only for certain alians status?
Did you bother to go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet as suggested to you back in July? If you did, you would have found the answer to this question. Honestly speaking, when we ask you guys to check that spreadsheet, it's not because we are being mean. This is really for your own good, as doing so will provide with much more information than you initially think you need.

You do not NEED to include it in the initial package in the same way that other applicants (family/employmmet) who have to be sponsored must . However if you want the best possible chance of getting a green card, especially given the advantage to front-loading applications, it is highly advised (and hence why it is in the spreadsheet). Remember you have to show you are not going to be a public charge.

Thanks a lot Susie for your concern. I am not in the US, I will have to do CP. My child is in the US with F 1 and turned 21 already in this April, though was under 21 at the time of application. However, I filled DS 260 for both of us and put AoS for him. According to the comments of the Forum, I see that when my CN ASxxx24k comes up next year, there would be no chance for the child.
Unfortunately it seems he will certainly have aged out by the time you get current. However once you get a green card, you can sponsor him for one under F2B category (he will need to be and remain unmarried for this).

Yes you can file i-765 and i-131 along with i-485, but it won't be much of a use since you'll probably get you GC before EAD if everything goes well.

And you should definitely read the spreadsheet before asking any questions like mom said.

Feeling a little anxious while assembling the package. What's the best practice for i-485 form blank fields? The examples posted on this forum vary a lot. Should I just leave everything irrelevant blank or is it better to put N/A in every blank field?

UPDATED FORM I-693 HAS BEEN RELEASED BY USCIS

ALERT:
Effective Oct. 1, 2021, applicants subject to the immigration medical examination must complete the COVID-19 vaccine series and provide documentation of vaccination to the civil surgeon in person before the civil surgeon can complete an immigration medical examination and sign Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. This guidance applies prospectively to Form I-693 signed by civil surgeons on or after Oct. 1, 2021.

TIPS:
1. Download and fill out parts 1-4 of the form prior to visiting your CS to ensure you are using the current medical report form. You don't have to wait until you get to the CS's office to get the form. You are actually required to fill out Parts 1-4 of the form, your CS completes the rest.
2. If taking Pfizer or Moderna, both shots must be received before the CS can sign off on your I-693 form, so don't wait until the last minute to get your COVID vaccines.
3. While it may be possible to apply for Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility based on religious or moral convictions., I highly recommend against trying to go this route. The waiver process is much more complicated than it sounds, remember you only have until Sept 30th to get your AOS application approved.
4. "Save time by filing Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, with Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. USCIS generally considers a completed Form I-693 to retain its evidentiary value for two years after the date the civil surgeon signed Form I-693, as long as the date of the civil surgeon’s signature is no more than 60 days before the applicant filed Form I-485.

You are not required to file the Form I-693 at the same time you file Form I-485, and many applicants bring their completed Form I-693 to their interview. However, some applications may not require an interview. USCIS makes decisions to waive interviews on a case-by-case basis.
Filing Form I-485 and Form I-693 at the same time may eliminate the need for us to issue an RFE to obtain your Form I-693. This may also help avoid adjudication delays if we decide that you do not need to be interviewed."

Feeling a little anxious while assembling the package. What's the best practice for i-485 form blank fields? The examples posted on this forum vary a lot. Should I just leave everything irrelevant blank or is it better to put N/A in every blank field?
This is precisely why several examples have been provided on this thread. Go with whichever you feel most comfortable with.

Here we go again! The infamous "N/A vs. blank" debate! If you would like, there are PLENTY of discussions on this on DV 2021 thread.

Unfortunately it seems he will certainly have aged out by the time you get current. However once you get a green card, you can sponsor him for one under F2B category (he will need to be and remain unmarried for this).
Thank you Susie. I am sad that I may have unintentionally ruined his chances on future NIV processes by submitting the DS 260. I have few questions on the AOS process in this regard (Too bad I have not found this valuable information earlier).
1. Say if a DV derivative aged out, will that be indicated on the EDV? How do I know that my derivative will not be considered in the DV-AoS process due to being aged out?
2. In case if the DS 260 submitted on behalf of the derivative, and if it will not be considered due to being aged out, will it affect in his future NIV processes although he will not get to submit AOS?
3. Would you mind to tell me what F2B is?
I am sorry for showering these questions. I actually do not know about these processes and for these 3-4 days, I have learnt a lot from your forums and @simons. If I found them earlier, I would have considered further. I am grateful to mom, you and other experienced members for providing this valuable information for a person like me who is outside the US.

Did you bother to go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet as suggested to you back in July? If you did, you would have found the answer to this question. Honestly speaking, when we ask you guys to check that spreadsheet, it's not because we are being mean. This is really for your own good, as doing so will provide with much more information than you initially think you need.
The spreadsheet is actually helpful. It is developed with extensive information. I have gone through it and it shed the light on some confusing questions I had. Thank you.

Thank you Susie. I am sad that I may have unintentionally ruined his chances on future NIV processes by submitting the DS 260. I have few questions on the AOS process in this regard (Too bad I have not found this valuable information earlier).
1. Say if a DV derivative aged out, will that be indicated on the EDV? How do I know that my derivative will not be considered in the DV-AoS process due to being aged out?
2. In case if the DS 260 submitted on behalf of the derivative, and if it will not be considered due to being aged out, will it affect in his future NIV processes although he will not get to submit AOS?
3. Would you mind to tell me what F2B is?
I am sorry for showering these questions. I actually do not know about these processes and for these 3-4 days, I have learnt a lot from your forums and @simons. If I found them earlier, I would have considered further. I am grateful to mom, you and other experienced members for providing this valuable information for a person like me who is outside the US.
1. He won’t get an interview.
2. Hard to say, depends on individual factors
3. Green card petition for unmarried son/daughter over 21 of a lawful permanent resident https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-family-preference-immigrants

Thanks loads. That helped a lot to have an idea about my situation. Do you mean that the child will get any notification saying that "your application will not be considered" or something? I am asking this if we submit the AoS it involves a considerable expenditure, only to find out that the AoS will not be considered. Or will it be automatically deleted from the site, when the case get current? (I see it still as "completed" on the page when I check the site with my CN)

Hi admins. My partner is going to apply for her AOS approximately in February or March. So, I already have a pending AOS application based on granted asylum at USCIS. Therefore, I've been thinking to submit an another AOS application with my partner as her spouse. However, I am not sure how it is going to work! My questions;

1. Can I have multiple AOS application at USCIS based on different status?
2. Do I need to mention that I already have a AOS application pending at USCIS when I apply for another one?
3. Before I apply for another AOS application do I need to make a transfer request or anything related?

Thanks in advance!