• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everyone,

Someone who has been interviewed in Paris lately? Do you know the timings for the release of the passport?
I became issued on 7th April and my passport is still not ready to pick up. I've emailed and contacted the costumer service from the US Embassy in Paris and they said:

After the Immigrant has been issued, the US Embassy needs to complete the IV file.

You will receive a pick up notification once the IV file has been released by the Embassy.

We do not have a timeframe.

Do you know what they mean by "IV file"? Is anyone in the same situation? How many days did you have to wait until your passport was ready?

I have booked tickets to go to USA in 10 days and I am worried.

Thanks in advance!
I'm in the same situation as you (Paris embassy, interview April 6), I tried to reach the embassy but they always forwarded my call to other services. They recently updated the date of issuance to yesterday (before it was 7/4, now is 20/4), i have to wait at least until next week.

Last edited:
Hello, just got interviewed today.
It was a simple conversation, unlike job interviews.
They are practical questions, I think anyone can answer even while asleep.
Hello, were you a solo applicant or have other family members? I have my interview next months, if you can share more about the questions that would help. Thanks a lot

I'm in the same situation as you (Paris embassy, interview April 6), I tried to reach the embassy but they always forwarded my call to other services. They recently updated the date of issuance to yesterday (before it was 7/4, now is 20/4), i have to wait at least until next week.
Hello!

I got this email from the customer service in case you want to contact them: ParisIVPending@state.gov

I contacted them and they replied to me 2 minutes later with a real update. I see now that the last update in CEAC is 20th April instead of 7th April, as it was before.

Hope to receive the email from the courier soon!

Best of luck!

Reactions: TWI
Hello!

I got this email from the customer service in case you want to contact them: ParisIVPending@state.gov

I contacted them and they replied to me 2 minutes later with a real update. I see now that the last update in CEAC is 20th April instead of 7th April, as it was before.

Hope to receive the email from the courier soon!

Best of luck!
Thanks for your feedback, anyway I received today the email with the tracking number of the courier. I think I will receive the passport next week.

Hi Mr. Sm1smom,

Have asked once again KCC if my forms were processed and got following answer:

"Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check..... If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application."

I apologise in advance for the possible rhetorical question, but does the answer really mean that I can expect an appointment for an interview soon? There are four months to go before the programme closes, and the answer does not seem very specific to me. CEAC status is still "At NVC"

P
Hi Mr. Sm1smom,

"Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check..... If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application."

I apologise in advance for the possible rhetorical question, but does the answer really mean that I can expect an appointment for an interview soon? There are four months to go before the programme closes, and the answer does not seem very specific to me. CEAC status is still "At NVC"
please what is your CN and when did u submit DS260

Hi Mr. Sm1smom,

Asking me to decipher what the email could possibly mean is like asking me to make a prediction, which I unfortunately cannot do. You'll just have to wait and see is all I can say, sorry that is most likely not what you were hoping to hear from me.

Hello people,

After receiving 2NL with interview time and date should I do any registrations online or just to prepare Medical examination package sealed and have with me with other documents?

Thank you for advance

Asking me to decipher what the email could possibly mean is like asking me to make a prediction, which I unfortunately cannot do. You'll just have to wait and see is all I can say, sorry that is most likely not what you were hoping to hear from me.
Thank you anyway. I am by no means asking you to predict the future, it's more a problem with the way I expressed my question. I would like to understand if this answer means that at least something has been done on the KCC side. As I understand it, previously it was always possible to ask KCC to unlock the forms, but now it is not, does this mean that something has been done and there is at least minimal progress?

Thank you anyway. I am by no means asking you to predict the future, it's more a problem with the way I expressed my question. I would like to understand if this answer means that at least something has been done on the KCC side. As I understand it, previously it was always possible to ask KCC to unlock the forms, but now it is not, does this mean that something has been done and there is at least minimal progress?
That email means that your ds260 is processed and you are now ready for scheduling and kcc cannot modify your ds anymore. From now the process depends mostly on your embassy, but no one can make prediction about that.

Hello people,

After receiving 2NL with interview time and date should I do any registrations online or just to prepare Medical examination package sealed and have with me with other documents?

Thank you for advance
You should check the requirements of your embassy here:
I think all embassies ask you to register, and sometimes the medical centre needs this registration as well in order to schedule you.

My response is still the same, I cannot tell you what it means outside of what it says.

You should check the requirements of your embassy here:
I think all embassies ask you to register, and sometimes the medical centre needs this registration as well in order to schedule you.
Thank you for respond. Yes I tried to start registering and its shows like I’m person applying for DS-160 immigrant visa, is this right way? Or I need to choose an option to register just my Mailing address in case to get correspondence?

Last edited:
Thank you for respond. Yes I tried to start registering and its shows like I’m person applying for DS-160 immigrant visa, is this right way? Or I need to choose an option to register just my Mailing address in case to get correspondence?
It really depends on your embassy, but you should have some options to pick which reason you are registering for - 'I received an email from kcc asking me to register my appointment / dv lottery / similar'

It really depends on your embassy, but you should have some options to pick which reason you are registering for - 'I received an email from kcc asking me to register my appointment / dv lottery / similar'
It was 3 options to choose:
—IV Registering address
—Immigrant Visa
—non Immigrant Visa

When I choose “Immigrant Visa” opening page has 2 options: K visa and Reschedule NVC appoitment. So non of this.

But when I choose IV Registering address, opens menu with many visas and one of the visas is DV1 - Diversity Lottery. If I choose this then openning page to register passport info etc...probably this is a right one?

It was 3 options to choose:
—IV Registering address
—Immigrant Visa
—non Immigrant Visa

When I choose “Immigrant Visa” opening page has 2 options: K visa and Reschedule NVC appoitment. So non of this.

But when I choose IV Registering address, opens menu with many visas and one of the visas is DV1 - Diversity Lottery. If I choose this then openning page to register passport info etc...probably this is a right one?
Correct, IV registering - diversity lottery.