• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

What about those countries which are not affected by the travel ban....will processing document for them will also slow down??
Some of you folks are so worked up, you're therefore not quite paying attention to the information you're coming across. I just responded to someone by saying border closure will most likely not affect KCC's processing/work. You follow up by asking if document processing will be slowed down for countries not currently under the travel.

No, sm1mom was replying no to someone saying they'll stop processing docs. She meant they'll continue the processing.

Personally, I think at least for the last quarter, they'd have to take embassy capacity in consideration for the processing. So, if an embassy has capacity and not affected by possible issues, they may dq cases ahead of the queue and schedule them accordingly. My reasoning being to minimise visas going to waste and maximise the money they make.
I don't know if my reasoning is correct or not, which is why I asked the previous question about last year's processing.
Minimizing visas going to waste or maximizing the money they make has never been a consideration for DV processing, especially the money making aspect which is really peanut in the grand scheme of the immigration process. If making money was a consideration, DV processing fee will cost a lot more than $330/applicant. Much more! As for minimizing visas going to waste, it wouldn't be the first time allocated visas haven't been used up in an applicable year.

Some of you folks are so worked up, you're therefore not quite paying attention to the information you're coming across. I just responded to someone by saying border closure will most likely not affect KCC's processing/work. You follow up by asking if document processing will be slowed down for countries not currently under the travel.
Could you not use that tone.....I understand that u may have been answering some stupid questions....but instead of being rude or using that tone try having a calm tone....I did not understand what you said in the previous post and followed up by a question to try and understand if that's what you meant.....

Minimizing visas going to waste or maximizing the money they make has never been a consideration for DV processing, especially the money making aspect which is really peanut in the grand scheme of the immigration process. If making money was a consideration, DV processing fee will cost a lot more than $330/applicant. Much more! As for minimizing visas going to waste, it wouldn't be the first time allocated visas haven't been used up in an applicable year.

Sorry, I don't agree with you. Let me elaborate on my points.
- KCC is only funded by the money applicants pay during the interview. So, in order to function for the year and maybe the next, they'll need to be adjucating at least a certain amount of interviews. If they see that they can't reach it unlike all the pre-covid years, then maximing their possible income will be a factor in the decision making process of management. In a normal year their aim is to issue visas strictly acording to the guidlines rather than maximing their money since they'd make enough to pay the bills, meaning they won"t adjudicate 71k people instead of 70k just to make 330,000 USD. However, this year and I guess previous one, making as much money possible to pay their bills is a factor (just a guess).

- As for the minimising the waste: If they issue just 20k visas(All numbers mentioned here being arbitrary) by let's say May(2nl for July), they could simultaneously go by embassy capacity to dq people and schedule
all possible interviews. Based on their current processing, if they don't do this, maybe another 10k would be isuued, whereas doing so could take them to another 20k. Point being, they'd rather issue 40k visa rather than 30k where low cn without embassy capacity won't seem to be disadvantage by a high cn with high capacity embassy getting visa since that visa isn't the low cn"s slot, but rather it's just left unused. Pre-covid the waste was maybe couple thousands and they cared more about case numbers getring fairness.

The two points are linked and I think they're two factors taken into account at some point during these recent abnormal years. Again, just my guess.

Last edited:
- KCC is only funded by the money applicants pay during the interview. So, in order to function for the year and maybe the next, they'll need to be adjucating at least a certain amount of interviews. If they see that they can't reach it unlike all the pre-covid years, then maximing their possible income will be a factor in the decision making process of management. In a normal year their aim is to issue visas strictly acording to the guidlines rather than maximing their money since they'd make enough to pay the bills, meaning they won"t adjudicate 71k people instead of 70k just to make 330,000 USD. However, this year and I guess previous one, making as much money possible to pay their bills is a factor (just a guess).

- As for the minimising the waste: If they issue just 20k visas(All numbers mentioned here being arbitrary) by let's say May(2nl for July), they could simultaneously go by embassy capacity to dq people and schedule
all possible interviews. Based on their current processing, if they don't do this, maybe another 10k would be isuued, whereas doing so could take them to another 20k. Point being, they'd rather issue 40k visa rather than 30k where low cn without embassy capacity won't seem to be disadvantage by a high cn with high capacity embassy getting visa since that visa isn't the low cn"s slot, but rather it's just left unused. Pre-covid the waste was maybe couple thousands and they cared more about case numbers getring fairness.

The two points are linked and I think they're two factors taken into account at some point during these recent abnormal years. Again, just my guess.
We can agree to disagree since everything you’ve described above is just your guess.

" - KCC is only funded by the money applicants pay during the interview. "

Can you give me an official resource for this information please.

I think that's what britsimons said in one of this videos,though I am not sure If it was a guess or he actually has resources to prove that

I heard it fromBritSimon. Maybe not "only". But, all the work done by kcc is paid for by the fees you pay in the interview.

Also, being paid for this way and not by US taxpayer's money is quite important for having the whole DV programme approved in the law and running. Imagine having US Congress pass a law which makes US taxpayer, pay for a diversity visa scheme to diversify its population, rather than spending it on healthcare, military, childcare, tc.

I heard it fromBritSimon. Maybe not "only". But, all the work done by kcc is paid for by the fees you pay in the interview.

Also, being paid for this way and not by US taxpayer's money is quite important for having the whole DV programme approved in the law and running. Imagine having US Congress pass a law which makes US taxpayer, pay for a diversity visa scheme to diversify its population, rather than spending it on healthcare, military, childcare, tc.
Yeah I don't think so, read this with me (all of it) and you might change your mind.

Sorry, I don't have time to read 38 pages of text. If you want, read it and point to the parts which says how they're exactly paid for. I'm sure BritSimon would be impressed.
I'm pretty sure you have a lot of free time, since you've written three useless paragraphs without any official resources.

I'm pretty sure you have a lot of free time, since you've written three useless paragraphs without any official resources.
I wasn't trying to be condenscending dude. I don't have much free time. I along with all the stressed winners on this forum or elsewhere just continuously observe/procrastinate about the process and fantasise about making it to America. I take all the info and come up with my own arguments. I posted them because I wanna see other people's counter argument and see why my arguments are not true. If there were conclusive "official resources", this forum wouldn't exist.
Also, I type really fast. It'd be much faster if I was using my computer.

Last edited:
Shade :D

It's not about the money at all. That's probably the least criteria that could be taken into account.

KCC happily spent their time doing bare minimum for DV in 2020-2021. ~15K-16K visas were issued in those FYs and even less would've been issued if it was not for lawsuits.

I don't wanna litter the forum, but
In late August, when kcc just started processing ds260s, for only one or two days I saw some people with very low case numbers and simple profiles getting dr regardless of the date of submission. There have been years where they have switched to DR processing by cn (BritSimon's archive) as they had a backlog.

Taking all this into consideration along with the current process, it's pretty obvious to me what the kcc has been cooking for this year from months ago. Maybe the recent rescinsion of prioritisation changes things.

Shade :D

It's not about the money at all. That's probably the least criteria that could be taken into account.

KCC happily spent their time doing bare minimum for DV in 2020-2021. ~15K-16K visas were issued in those FYs and even less would've been issued if it was not for lawsuits.
From your point of view, did the KCC do minimum work by intention? or was it because of trump and covid-19, because I'm checking the number for visas from previous years they were high

Thank you for your time.

Omar150

It was because of Covid-19 and Trump's ban. Everything stopped completely when the Proclamation was issued.
Also embassies were closed for some time and were dealing with emergency cases only.

Hi Everyone,

Do KCC only schedule interviews (ie send out 2NLs) for a particular consulate office if that office is able to take interviews?

ie for the Oceania region there have been interviews scheduled in London and Suva. However, there have not been any interviews scheduled in Sydney even though CN's are lower and DQ dates are earlier than those with interviews scheduled at other consulates.

cheers
Charli

2022OC2** CN current in November
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
After clarification emails to KCC we received a 'stock standard/tick a box' response saying we are DQ, no DQ date provided. Different to the congratulations you are DQ email.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.36.23 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.36.23 am.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Hi Everyone,

Do KCC only schedule interviews (ie send out 2NLs) for a particular consulate office if that office is able to take interviews?

ie for the Oceania region there have been interviews scheduled in London and Suva. However, there have not been any interviews scheduled in Sydney even though CN's are lower and DQ dates are earlier than those with interviews scheduled at other consulates.

cheers
Charli

After clarification emails to KCC we received a 'stock standard/tick a box' response saying we are DQ, no DQ date provided. Different to the congratulations you are DQ email.
Kcc cannot do anything if the Sydney embassy is not willing to take in any interviews but let's hope they open for interviews from jan...any idea if it will open any time sooner??

Hi Everyone,

cheers
Charli

Kcc cannot do anything if the Sydney embassy is not willing to take in any interviews but let's hope they open for interviews from jan...any idea if it will open any time sooner??

Correct the embassy has to be accepting interviews for the interview date to be set... and you can only be interviewed where your permanently live so w cant just pop over to anther consulate for interview.. hoping for some updates from Syd consulate SOON!! I am anxiously refreshing their fb page all day!
@Sil2022 I don't think they will be open by Jan.. I am trying to mentally prepare that it could be well into 2022...