• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
DV-2022 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through this official link starting at noon (EDT) on May 8, 2021. The DV-2022 registration period opened on Oct 7. 2020, and closed on Nov. 10, 2020.

Congratulations DV 2022 Selectees! This Thread has been created specifically for you all to use in sharing the good news about your selection and to ask questions about what your selection means, next steps, processing, etc.

CAUTION:
Don't litter this thread with countdowns, non-selection or other similar matters - feel free to create a new thread (if none currently exists) for those. Non conforming posts will be deleted.

Hello guys
I'm winner of dv lottery but I made mistake on my name
Responding to your DM here:
You’ll need to correctly fill out your name on the DS260. Doing so doesn’t necessarily “correct” what you listed on the eDV registration form, it however is the right way to continue with processing your selection.

I have a friend who got selected in this years DV2022 program from Oceania (OC) .

I’ve just found out she did complete Year 12 in Fiji but over all failed with a few marks but did vocational studies in chef and pastry and had been working in the Cook Islands .

I was wondering if any group member would know if that’s sufficient for minimum requirements to qualify under ( completion of high school )
Any links , answers would help
thanks

I have a friend who got selected in this years DV2022 program from Oceania (OC) .

I’ve just found out she did complete Year 12 in Fiji but over all failed with a few marks but did vocational studies in chef and pastry and had been working in the Cook Islands .

I was wondering if any group member would know if that’s sufficient for minimum requirements to qualify under ( completion of high school )
Any links , answers would help
thanks
It’s not clear from your description what happened - you said completed but failed? Which was it? they require successful completion of high school. Her vocational studies will not help her for DV.

The complete description of what successful completion of high school means is here (this is the manual the CO uses to adjudicate)

High School Education or Equivalent:

(1) (U) You must adjudicate the DV applicant’s qualifications under this requirement. In order to enter the DV lottery or apply for a visa under the DV program, the alien need not prove that this requirement is met. The DV applicant must, however, meet this requirement by the end of the fiscal year in which selected and present evidence of completion to the satisfaction of the consular officer. If the applicant does not meet the requirement at the time of the visa interview, then the applicant is not eligible as a diversity immigrant under INA 203(c)(2) and the proper basis for refusing the case is under INA 203(c). If the applicant presents evidence of completion of high school before the end of the fiscal year, and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

(2) (U) “At Least a High School Education or its Equivalent” Means Successful Completion of at least a:

(a) (U) Twelve-year course of elementary and secondary study in the United States; or

(b) (U) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States. Because a United States high school education is sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission, in order for a foreign education to be equivalent to a United States education, it should be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education. Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to United States high school education.

(3) (U) Education Requirements: “At least a high school education or its equivalent” in this context applies only to formal courses of study. Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable. To qualify, an alien must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or a comparable course of study in another country. Evidence might consist of a certificate of completion equivalent to a United States diploma, school transcripts, or other evidence issued by the person or organization responsible for maintaining such records, which specify the completed course of study.

(4) (U) Education Evaluation:

(U) The burden of proving that an applicant's education is equivalent to a high school degree is entirely on the applicant. If the applicant does not satisfy you that the applicant's education is equivalent to a high school degree but you believe additional evidence could meet the applicant's burden, the appropriate basis for refusal is INA 221(g). You may request the applicant to provide additional information. If the applicant is unable to credibly prove the education equivalency requirement to your satisfaction, the appropriate basis for refusal is INA 203(c).

Does anyone know how it works with regards to exhausting the 55,000 allocation of visas? As it states that there are more interviews given than there are visas available so I’m worried that because I’m stuck in a remote location for work for the next three months by the time I can get a medical and interview done it will be too late and all the visas will be gone... anyone have any knowledge on this?

Does anyone know how it works with regards to exhausting the 55,000 allocation of visas? As it states that there are more interviews given than there are visas available so I’m worried that because I’m stuck in a remote location for work for the next three months by the time I can get a medical and interview done it will be too late and all the visas will be gone... anyone have any knowledge on this?
Interviews are scheduled in case number order and are spread over the fiscal year (Oct 21-Sep22), so the chances of them running out of visas is partly dependent on how high your case number is. No interviews can happen before October so you being stuck somewhere for the next few months is not really an issue. Please make sure you thoroughly read the travel.state.gov pages for DV selectees, and also check out the britsimonsays website for lots of useful information about the process.

It’s not clear from your description what happened - you said completed but failed? Which was it? they require successful completion of high school. Her vocational studies will not help her for DV.

The complete description of what successful completion of high school means is here (this is the manual the CO uses to adjudicate)

High School Education or Equivalent:

(1) (U) You must adjudicate the DV applicant’s qualifications under this requirement. In order to enter the DV lottery or apply for a visa under the DV program, the alien need not prove that this requirement is met. The DV applicant must, however, meet this requirement by the end of the fiscal year in which selected and present evidence of completion to the satisfaction of the consular officer. If the applicant does not meet the requirement at the time of the visa interview, then the applicant is not eligible as a diversity immigrant under INA 203(c)(2) and the proper basis for refusing the case is under INA 203(c). If the applicant presents evidence of completion of high school before the end of the fiscal year, and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

(2) (U) “At Least a High School Education or its Equivalent” Means Successful Completion of at least a:

(a) (U) Twelve-year course of elementary and secondary study in the United States; or

(b) (U) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States. Because a United States high school education is sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission, in order for a foreign education to be equivalent to a United States education, it should be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education. Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to United States high school education.

(3) (U) Education Requirements: “At least a high school education or its equivalent” in this context applies only to formal courses of study. Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable. To qualify, an alien must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or a comparable course of study in another country. Evidence might consist of a certificate of completion equivalent to a United States diploma, school transcripts, or other evidence issued by the person or organization responsible for maintaining such records, which specify the completed course of study.

(4) (U) Education Evaluation:

(U) The burden of proving that an applicant's education is equivalent to a high school degree is entirely on the applicant. If the applicant does not satisfy you that the applicant's education is equivalent to a high school degree but you believe additional evidence could meet the applicant's burden, the appropriate basis for refusal is INA 221(g). You may request the applicant to provide additional information. If the applicant is unable to credibly prove the education equivalency requirement to your satisfaction, the appropriate basis for refusal is INA 203(c).
Thanks SusieQQQ. Yeah she didn’t get full marks in order to pass , for example , 199/400. But this information you have attached helps .

Responding to your DM here:
You’ll need to correctly fill out your name on the DS260. Doing so doesn’t necessarily “correct” what you listed on the eDV registration form, it however is the right way to continue with processing your selection.
So the most important it's ds260

The last name should be Hamouimeche.
The mistake i made Hemouimeche
It depends on the country consulate.
I don't know where you are from but, if your native language has different alphabet, they don't make too much hustle if one letter was incorrect during registration. Just make sure you fill out DS260 correctly.

and congratulations everyone, wish you smooth journey.

Please note that when you ask a question, it will help a lot to mention your region and your CN range.

I was selected for further processing (OC12XX) but my current I-94 status and passport expires 01/22. Seeing as my entry is connected to my current and soon to be expired passport, I will be need to renew my passport soon. How will this affect my entry?