• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I was selected for further processing (OC12XX) but my current I-94 status and passport expires 01/22. Seeing as my entry is connected to my current and soon to be expired passport, I will be need to renew my passport soon. How will this affect my entry?
You’ll will presumably still have the expired passport after renewing it (or at least a copy of the expired passport, assuming your country withholds the expired passport), right? So no impact on the selection. And I don’t see the correlation between I-94 expiration and passport expiration or your entry by the way.

You’ll will presumably still have the expired passport after renewing it (or at least a copy of the expired passport, assuming your country withholds the expired passport), right? So no impact on the selection. And I don’t see the correlation between I-94 expiration and passport expiration or your entry by the way.
I will have it but they cancel it, won’t this affect my ds-260 since the application will be done with a passport number that doesn’t exist any more? I already live in the in the US, my i-94 is connected to my visa expiry date which is the same as my passport, If I renew my passport beforehand and leave (the past few times I have done so my i-94 has been extended past the expiry date in my visa) I think what I'm trying to work out is whether or not to renew my visa as well as my passport.

I will have it but they cancel it, won’t this affect my ds-260 since the application will be done with a passport number that doesn’t exist any more? I already live in the in the US, my i-94 is connected to my visa expiry date which is the same as my passport, If I renew my passport beforehand and leave (the past few times I have done so my i-94 has been extended past the expiry date in my visa) I think what I'm trying to work out is whether or not to renew my visa as well as my passport.
Passport renewal has no impact on the DS260 form. If the form has already been submitted and the passport gets listed on it gets renewed, you’ll simply request for KCC to unlock the form (if the interview is not yet scheduled) and you update the form with the new passport number. If the KCC is unable to unlock the form because your interview has already been scheduled, you attend your interview with both passports. The visa is basically the document you present at the POE while seeking admission/re-admission to the US, it doesn’t matter if the passport containing the visa stamp has expired, as long as the visa itself is still valid.

Hello mom and everyone else thank you very much for the this forum it really helps out I personally have been reading this for the past 3 years. Thank you very much again for all the info which has always been useful for all of us. Please we have a question my cousin was selected for the DV 2022 but we are trying to know if the following number AF000008XX is too high what are the probability of being called for interview please we know that the filling begins October 2021 When we looked at the Visa bulletin of past year till date we can not see this kind of numbers only see AF 34,000 changeability and above. Please we are just curious about this number since we don't know how to read it due to having so many zeros before it and staring with number 8. He lives in Africa specifically Angola he will go for the consular processing.
Thank you very much for the help we truly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hello mom and everyone else thank you very much for the this forum it really helps out I personally have been reading this for the past 3 years. Thank you very much again for all the info which has always been useful for all of us. Please we have a question my cousin was selected for the DV 2022 but we are trying to know if the following number AF000008XX is too high what are the probability of being called for interview please we know that the filling begins October 2021 When we looked at the Visa bulletin of past year till date we can not see this kind of numbers only see AF 34,000 changeability and above. Please we are just curious about this number since we don't know how to read it due to having so many zeros before it and staring with number 8.
That CN is in the 800 range (below 1000). It is a low number and it's a good thing.

Hello mom and everyone else thank you very much for the this forum it really helps out I personally have been reading this for the past 3 years. Thank you very much again for all the info which has always been useful for all of us. Please we have a question my cousin was selected for the DV 2022 but we are trying to know if the following number AF000008XX is too high what are the probability of being called for interview please we know that the filling begins October 2021 When we looked at the Visa bulletin of past year till date we can not see this kind of numbers only see AF 34,000 changeability and above. Please we are just curious about this number since we don't know how to read it due to having so many zeros before it and staring with number 8.
If it is really only 2 numbers after the 8 then his number is in the 800s and very low for AF region. He will very likely be current in October. He should make sure he understands everything about the process (BritSimon website a big help) and submit DS260 fairly soon if he wants to get on the earliest possible DV22 interview schedule.

Last edited:
If it is really only 2 numbers after the 8 then his number is in the 800s and very low for AF region. He will very likely be current in October. He should make sure he understands everything about the process (BritSimon website a big help) and submit DS260 fairly soon if he wants to get on the earliest possible DV22 schedule.
Yes it is only 2 numbers after the number 8. Will be going to read BritSimon website I know about him too. You all are very helpful you were a great help for me when I changed my status from F1 to GC holder back in 2019 Mom and all the team helped me a lot. Thank you so much God bless you.!

Hi, I tried first time and was selected from EU, but I think I have quite high number for EU, it is like 19xxx, would you think I still have chances?

Bonjour à tous, j'ai été sélectionné pour La DV 2020 avec Numéro de dossier AF00006xx. J'aimerais savoir la date de la seconde étape. Merci

Hello. I was selected for further processing in (OC13XX). My passport is due to expire in August this year 2021. Should I hold off submitting my DS260 until I have a new passport? Or is it okay to submit with the old one and then keep it once I have my new passport?

Hello. I was selected for further processing in (OC13XX). My passport is due to expire in August this year 2021. Should I hold off submitting my DS260 until I have a new passport? Or is it okay to submit with the old one and then keep it once I have my new passport?
Yeah, I recommend you renew the passport first before submitting your DS260. KCC will still require the old passport though as part of your documents submission, so be sure to keep it (or make copies if you’re from a country that keeps or destroys old passports when issuing a new one).

Yeah, I recommend you renew the passport first before submitting your DS260. KCC will still require the old passport though as part of your documents submission, so be sure to keep it (or make copies if you’re from a country that keeps or destroys old passports when issuing a new one).
Thankyou. Further to this, (OC13XX) do you happen to know if my chances are relatively okay in terms of an interview? From the brief research ive done it looks like I might get an interview in June 2022?

Thankyou. Further to this, (OC13XX) do you happen to know if my chances are relatively okay in terms of an interview? From the brief research ive done it looks like I might get an interview in June 2022?
I don’t know. As of now, we don’t even know the total number of selectees for the 2022 FY.

Hello everyone and congratulations for those who got selected!

My CN is EU37XX (hope I am posting this correct).

I am glad that I found this forum but super nervous at the same time, cause I might have made a mistake in the country of chargeability.

I was born in Hungary (EU) but moved to Denmark (EU) when I was seven. Lived all my life there. Later I studied and lived in the US under Danish citizenship for 5 years (F1 visa) and moved back to Denmark now. Applied for DV with country of birth as Hungary and country eligibility as Denmark. I had presumed, country of eligibility was the one you are applying from and since I've had my previous visas issued in my danish passport it was a better choice (I know that it might have been immature choice).

What do you think? How does my situation look?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello everyone and congratulations for those who got selected!

My CN is EU37XX (hope I am posting this correct).

I am glad that I found this forum but super nervous at the same time, cause I might have made a mistake in the country of chargeability.

I was born in Hungary (EU) but moved to Denmark (EU) when I was seven. Lived all my life there. Later I studied and lived in the US under Danish citizenship for 5 years (F1 visa) and moved back to Denmark now. Applied for DV with country of birth as Hungary and country eligibility as Denmark. I had presumed, country of eligibility was the one you are applying from and since I've had my previous visas issued in my danish passport it was a better choice (I know that it might have been immature choice).

What do you think? How does my situation look?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you made a mistake. The instructions are actually quite clear it should be your country of birth, with limited exceptions. Luckily for you if both erroneously chosen country and correct country are in the same region it’s ok to overlook the error.

Yes, you made a mistake. The instructions are actually quite clear it should be your country of birth, with limited exceptions. Luckily for you if both erroneously chosen country and correct country are in the same region it’s ok to overlook the error.
Hi Susie, thanks for reply! Would it be a good idea to explain anything in the DS-260 application?

Also, is anyone else getting the "Your request cannot be processed at this time." error after filling out the CN and DV confirmation number, when trying to apply for the DS-260 on ceac.state.gov?