• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Also, is anyone else getting the "Your request cannot be processed at this time." error after filling out the CN and DV confirmation number, when trying to apply for the DS-260 on ceac.state.gov?
I've been getting that for the last 2 hours. I even thought it was my sh**ty African servers

Asking for a friend:

He got selected for DV from Russia so he supposed to apply in consulate in Moscow which recently announced that it won't process any visas except diplomatic (due to political tension between the countries).

Can he apply with DS-260 through any other country that he able to enter?

Asking for a friend:

He got selected for DV from Russia so he supposed to apply in consulate in Moscow which recently announced that it won't process any visas except diplomatic (due to political tension between the countries).

Can he apply with DS-260 through any other country that he able to enter?
1. In almost all circumstances someone has to be a national of or resident in a country to be interviewed there
2. There appear to have been some embassies (my understanding is Warsaw - requires Schengen visa - and I think Almaty) that have been accepting some immediate relative petitions from Russia because of the moscow embassy situation. Note immediate relative petitions are treated with higher priority than other immigrant visas.
3. Your friend cannot just say in DS260 he wants to interview elsewhere. He needs to put his home address. Yes, he will be assigned to Moscow based on that. When it is closer to his number being current, then IF the situation in Moscow has not changed AND there have been no alternatives formally designated by DoS, THEN he can start reaching out to other consulates to see if any are prepared at that stage to take DV cases from Russia. There is no point asking now when the earliest DV22 interview is October and your friend might be months after that.

1. In almost all circumstances someone has to be a national of or resident in a country to be interviewed there
2. There appear to have been some embassies (my understanding is Warsaw - requires Schengen visa - and I think Almaty) that have been accepting some immediate relative petitions from Russia because of the moscow embassy situation. Note immediate relative petitions are treated with higher priority than other immigrant visas.
3. Your friend cannot just say in DS260 he wants to interview elsewhere. He needs to put his home address. Yes, he will be assigned to Moscow based on that. When it is closer to his number being current, then IF the situation in Moscow has not changed AND there have been no alternatives formally designated by DoS, THEN he can start reaching out to other consulates to see if any are prepared at that stage to take DV cases from Russia. There is no point asking now when the earliest DV22 interview is October and your friend might be months after that.

Yes, he has 15*** so not October, lol

One more thing. He mentioned he can get a residency paperwork in some other country in Europe that has a US embassy. Would that be enough for him to move his DV case to that embassy?

Yes, he has 15*** so not October, lol

One more thing. He mentioned he can get a residency paperwork in some other country in Europe that has a US embassy. Would that be enough for him to move his DV case to that embassy?
Not sure what “residency paperwork” means, if he is a legal resident and residing there, then yes.

I have been selected for the DV-2022 and did try to submit the DS260, but I got a message saying, "your request cannot be processed at this time." Does anyone know if KCC will be advising selectees when to submit the DS260 form, or is there a specific period to submit it after the results have been announced?

forum d

Try again in a few days. Probably the server is over loaded as everyone is trying to enter.
Lower your CN is, sooner you should fill out the form.

Hi all! I was selected in DV2022 with a case number of OC11XX. I'm originally from Sydney but I live in the UK, and have requested that I have my interview in London instead of Sydney. Does this change anything re my processing?

As the UK isn't eligible for the DV lottery I suspect they don't have the case load that other countries have with processing the green cards and visas. Does that mean that I should submit the DS 260 now-ish if my interview is in London?

I understand that as per my number, it's likely that I will be called for interview early-mid next year based on historical case number data (and depending on holes) for Oceania and was planning on submitting the DS 260 based on the bulletin when it comes out, but does that fact that I'm an OC selectee living in the UK mean that the London office will handle it as opposed to the US consulate in Sydney and therefore it happen earlier than expected and I should submit earlier than I anticipated?

Sorry if i'm not explaining this well - first time entering and I genuinely thought I wasn't going to get it so I kinda just forgot all about it till my calendar reminded me and I'm currently trying to learn the ropes. This forum and BritSimon have been incredible! Thank you all!

Last edited:
Hi all! I was selected in DV2022 with a case number of OC11XX. I'm originally from Sydney but I live in the UK, and have requested that I have my interview in London instead of Sydney. Does this change anything re my processing?

As the UK isn't eligible for the DV lottery I suspect they don't have the case load that other countries have with processing the green cards and visas. Does that mean that I should submit the DS 260 now-ish if my interview is in London?

I understand that as per my number, it's likely that I will be called for interview early-mid next year based on historical case number data (and depending on holes) for Oceania and was planning on submitting the DS 260 based on the bulletin when it comes out, but does that fact that I'm an OC selectee living in the UK mean that the London office will handle it as opposed to the US consulate in Sydney and therefore it happen earlier than expected and I should submit earlier than I anticipated?

Sorry if i'm not explaining this well!
You will get scheduled for the same month others in your case number range are scheduled, assuming you are all ready to be scheduled and assuming your local embassies are holding interviews, regardless which embassy you process at. London processes a good number of DV visas in a normal year, lots of commonwealth winners living there.

If you only wait to submit your DS260 when the VB showing you as current comes out, you will have a few months delay in your own case. If you don’t understand when to submit DS260, please go over the helpful pages on britsimonsays.

You will get scheduled for the same month others in your case number range are scheduled, assuming you are all ready to be scheduled and assuming your local embassies are holding interviews, regardless which embassy you process at. London processes a good number of DV visas in a normal year, lots of commonwealth winners living there.
Thank you so much for your reply and helpful information! I really appreciate it :)

Congratulations to winners,
I was selected for DV 2022, but this year I also was married to a US citizen, does anyone knows if I should follow the standard process for green card or is another way.
Thanks

Congratulations to winners,
I was selected for DV 2022, but this year I also was married to a US citizen, does anyone knows if I should follow the standard process for green card or is another way.
Thanks
You can do either, or both and see which one works out. DV is faster, cheaper and easier (and you get an unconditional rather than conditional green card) but of course less certain if you have a high number. Marriage based is a lot more onerous process and usually longer but you’re certain (if the marriage is bona fide) of getting there in the end.

You can do either, or both and see which one works out. DV is faster, cheaper and easier (and you get an unconditional rather than conditional green card) but of course less certain if you have a high number. Marriage based is a lot more onerous process and usually longer but you’re certain (if the marriage is bona fide) of getting there in the end.
Thank you

Hey, I was assigned to Sweden, Stockholm for the interview but I changed it to Denmark, Copenhagen as the place I want to be interviewed. Is that ok? I am a national in the country.

Hey, I was assigned to Sweden, Stockholm for the interview but I changed it to Denmark, Copenhagen as the place I want to be interviewed. Is that ok? I am a national in the country.
How did you change it, by informing KCC?