• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Question again regarding chargeability.... Just to sum up the error: born in Hungary, charged to Denmark. (dual citizen)

Question: Is it still okay for me to choose to do the interview in Denmark, Copehagen embassy? (I live in Copenhagen & hold passport).

Thank you again, and want to express my sincere appreciation.
If you list your current address as Denmark on your DS260, you will be scheduled for an interview in Denmark.

If you list your current address as Denmark on your DS260, you will be scheduled for an interview in Denmark.
This is the weird thing. I put an address in Hungary for the DV registration, but charged to Denmark and was given the interview in Stockholm, Sweden?! Super weird. I am certain I didn't put a Swedish address, I have no affiliation with Sweden.

Now on the first page of the DS-260, i was given the option to change the interview location (I choose Denmark, Copenhagen, since I live here) and HAD NO IDEA that the first page would lock, I did not submit the DS-260 only the first page locked. I have attached a picture.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 17.15.21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the weird thing. I put an address in Hungary for the DV registration, but charged to Denmark and was given the interview in Stockholm, Sweden?! Super weird. I am certain I didn't put a Swedish address, I have no affiliation with Sweden.

Now on the first page of the DS-260, i was given the option to change the interview location (I choose Denmark, Copenhagen, since I live here) and HAD NO IDEA that the first page would lock, I did not submit the DS-260 only the first page locked. I have attached a picture.

View attachment 2629
That is actually not weird. Looks like Denmark does not process immigrant visas, so based on your listed current Denmark resident address, your interview location is automatically slated for Stockholm. Here's what the Denmark Embassy says regarding immigrant visa processing:

"Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Denmark at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm."

"The U.S. Embassy Denmark Visa section does not process Immigrant Visas. All Immigrant Visa petitions submitted for residents of Denmark are processed through U.S. Embassy Sweden in Stockholm."

That is actually not weird. Looks like Denmark does not process immigrant visas, so based on your listed current Denmark resident address, your interview location is automatically slated for Stockholm. Here's what the says regarding immigrant visa processing:

"Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Denmark at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm."

"The U.S. Embassy Denmark Visa section does not process Immigrant Visas. All Immigrant Visa petitions submitted for residents of Denmark are processed through
Wow, thank you so much for this information! Since I can't change it, should I go ahead and just leave it as it is and submit the DS-260? (Assuming they'll correct it once I need to schedule interview? )... Or contact KCC and change it back to Stockholm, or Budapest, Hungary?

Question again regarding chargeability.... Just to sum up the error: born in Hungary, charged to Denmark. (dual citizen)

Question: Is it still okay for me to choose to do the interview in Denmark, Copehagen embassy? (I live in Copenhagen & hold passport).

Thank you again, and want to express my sincere appreciation.
Yes, you live there, so that is the default for interview location.
edit: just saw above, you are allocated to the correct location for Denmark residents. KCC will do it automatically based on your current address.

That is actually not weird. Looks like Denmark does not process immigrant visas, so based on your listed current Denmark resident address, your interview location is automatically slated for Stockholm. Here's what the says regarding immigrant visa processing:

"The U.S. Embassy Denmark Visa section does not process Immigrant Visas. All Immigrant Visa petitions submitted for residents of Denmark are processed through"
Hi again Simon, I am actually able to edit the interview location! I noticed this in the review section on the very last section (page), you can go back and edit it the interview location. So I changed it back to "Yes, schedule my interview here." (Stockholm, Sweden) ....

Thank you for your help again!

Dear Simon,
I'm a winner from Iran with case number 2022AS1xxxx
Since there is no US Embassy in my country, my DV case should be processed in Turkey, Armenia, or Abu Dhabi...
And as you may know none of these offices has been working activity in processing DV cases since last year.
I wonder if what happened to dv 2020 and 2021 also happens to 2022 cases...
What's your opinion?
Do you think a high case number like mine even has a chance to be interviewed?

Best regards

Hello everyone,

I am currently living in the U.S., but I would like to have the interview in my home country, Japan. However, I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet, but I'm still waiting for a response after sending an email to KCC about three weeks ago because I can't change the interview location on the first page.(See screenshot) The current address is in the US, the mailing address is set to a Japanese address, and the address for receiving the green card is set to my current US address. I would like to know why only the first page is locked and cannot be changed; can KCC unlock only the first page before I submit my DS-260? Or should I submit the DS-260 first to unlock the first page?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 10.42.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 10.42.59 AM.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 19
My mom who is 60+ won the lottery but does not have educational qualification but runs her own supply company. How can she document her qualification by work experience

Hello everyone,

I am currently living in the U.S., but I would like to have the interview in my home country, Japan. However, I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet, but I'm still waiting for a response after sending an email to KCC about three weeks ago because I can't change the interview location on the first page.(See screenshot) The current address is in the US, the mailing address is set to a Japanese address, and the address for receiving the green card is set to my current US address. I would like to know why only the first page is locked and cannot be changed; can KCC unlock only the first page before I submit my DS-260? Or should I submit the DS-260 first to unlock the first page?

Thank you for your help.
The first page automatically gets locked once a selection is made, that is the way the form is set up. You may still be able to update it before submitting the form. Some fill out the rest of the form, then before hitting the submit button, go to the REVIEW Section (which should be on the very last page), from there you can go back and edit the interview location (a couple of selectees have reported being able to update/change the interview location this way).

The first page automatically gets locked once a selection is made, that is the way the form is set up. You may still be able to update it before submitting the form. Some fill out the rest of the form, then before hitting the submit button, go to the REVIEW Section (which should be on the very last page), from there you can go back and edit the interview location (a couple of selectees have reported being able to update/change the interview location this way).
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Best,

Hello. I am a Dv 2022 selecteee. I have this questions to ask and I hope I can get the best advice.
1.. At the time of applying for the DV lottery, I had a diploma from my university since I did not see a diploma I choosed a university degree. Would that be a problemAfter the DV lottery application, I continued university for an additional 2yrs which I will complete in August with an advanced diploma. Can I wait to have the advanced diploma before submitting my ds 260 after KCC unlocks

2.. at the time of application, I interchanged my surname with my given name. Though I have three names through out my certificates and passports but just the format changed. Would that be a problem or I can put the correct format in my ds 260

3.. I emailed Kcc to unlock my ds 260 since I made an error on the section of my address and education which I need to correct. It’s been 3 weeks now and no response. I send them thesame request again yesterday. Any idea how long it can take for them to unlock. Also my case number is AF32XXX when can I get scheduled or asked for documents
Thank you

No one can give any realistic insight as to her chances for an interview at this stage. The case number is probably a good one but as you can see from this year, too many unknowns to be confident in anything yet.
Is Beirut listed as one of the embassies that normally gives visas for Syrian citizens?
Thank you Susie for your answer. Yes it is. I also had a question about how high or low her number is, she is AS000093**

Did you already get a request to submit documents?
No I haven't. I just wanted to clear things up about the process. I'm still waiting for KCC to request the documents. I don't think they have done that for any DV 2022 case numbers yet. Maybe mid june...Idk really. Does anyone has any idea to when they might start requesting the documents for lower case numbers?? Mid june? July?

Sending Documents to KCC before they ask for?
Hi,
I am AS DV 2022 11*** Iranian selectee. I want to submit my Ds260 and send documents to KCC before they asked for them. Is that fine? Are there any disadvantages?
How can I check if they are satisfied with my Docs. Or even they received them?

Last edited:
Hello. I am a Dv 2022 selecteee. I have this questions to ask and I hope I can get the best advice.
1.. At the time of applying for the DV lottery, I had a diploma from my university since I did not see a diploma I choosed a university degree. Would that be a problemAfter the DV lottery application, I continued university for an additional 2yrs which I will complete in August with an advanced diploma. Can I wait to have the advanced diploma before submitting my ds 260 after KCC unlocks

2.. at the time of application, I interchanged my surname with my given name. Though I have three names through out my certificates and passports but just the format changed. Would that be a problem or I can put the correct format in my ds 260

3.. I emailed Kcc to unlock my ds 260 since I made an error on the section of my address and education which I need to correct. It’s been 3 weeks now and no response. I send them thesame request again yesterday. Any idea how long it can take for them to unlock. Also my case number is AF32XXX when can I get scheduled or asked for documents
Thank you
1. That shouldn’t be a problem.
2. List your name in the correct order on the DS260. Also use the other name section to list the name in the swapped format used for the entry.
3. KCC is backlogged, some have reported waiting up to 4 weeks to get a response from them.

Sending Documents to KCC before they ask for?
Hi,
I am AS DV 2022 11*** Iranian selectee. I want to submit my Ds260 and send documents to KCC before they asked for them. Is that fine? Are there any disadvantages?
How can I check if they are satisfied with my Docs. Or even they received them?
Yes you can do that.