• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I am ECSTATIC for you (not gonna lie, a tiny bit jealous too - but happy beyond belief).
My case status has not changed, and I wanted to summon the wisdom of the forum: I know @Byoldas had his fingerprints taken a week ago because he was scheduled for both the interview and bio on the same day… mine were taken before the FO closed, would that be significant for his case being approved without the interview but not mine? Or can I still harbor hope I’ll have the same outcome?
P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks mom. My understanding was that the I-508 waiver was part of the GC/ AOS application, and that if the GC is not approved as part of the AOS application, then I would revert to my non immigrant visa (G4). Is that your understanding?
Yes, that is usually the case especially when the existing status remains valid for much longer after the AOS application has either been denied or not approved before the end of the FY - one would revert back to the existing status. Applying for a renewal of that status is not quite in the same category though, and especially when a waiver was already filed with the AOS application.

I mean, all of us in New Orleans already got denied for an info pass, multiple times, last week.
Lets say that the office there's close , but ours is open operated
A call from USCIS of Alabama. Our cases have been approved and we will receive our Green Cards soon.

Like someone says in this forum Free at last. Free at last.... (I am still waiting to have the card in my hands)

I hope You're the next DV21M.

Congrats Byoldas. !!!!
Fabulous news Congratulations
Hope for CT folks

A call from USCIS of Alabama. Our cases have been approved and we will receive our Green Cards soon.

Like someone says in this forum Free at last. Free at last.... (I am still waiting to have the card in my hands)

I hope You're the next DV21M.

Congrats Byoldas. !!!!!
I am happy for you!!!

Yes, that is usually the case especially when the existing status remains valid for much longer after the AOS application has either been denied or not approved before the end of the FY - one would revert back to the existing status. Applying for a renewal of that status is not quite in the same category though, and especially when a waiver was already filed with the AOS application.
Thanks mom. Will wait for a positive outcome and hopefully this will not be relevant in a couple of weeks!

I know Mom is gonna yell at me to have patience, but I am honestly thinking it has something to do with the biometrics as mine were taken well before the FO closed.
Nope, not gonna yell at you. I’m actually going to encourage you to enjoy the pity party you’re so determined to throw for yourself while thinking the worst

SoupyUnfoldedBats-max-1mb.gif

Nope, not gonna yell at you. I’m actually going to encourage you to enjoy the pity party you’re so determined to throw for yourself while thinking the worst

SoupyUnfoldedBats-max-1mb.gif
I mean, I did say I was going to throw a party... lol we just don't know the theme yet o_O