• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

SusieQQQ

Well-Known Member
There was no flood in this Susie area. It’s something else and no I don’t want people falling through a collapsing floor.
Ok whatever actually is the issue, flood or whatever, the official uscis comment on the website says Closed until further notice due to a facilities issue related to Hurricane Ida. The floor comment is anecdotal apparently from a security guard so who knows, but whether or not it was a flood it is clearly something related to the hurricane.
 

Machidargos

Active Member
That's why I said it's something else... I walked into the building on September 7 and everything was clean. There was absolutely nothing. The structure may have moved but don't know. There were people inside at this moment.
 

Milz

Well-Known Member
That's why I said it's something else... I walked into the building on September 7 and everything was clean. There was absolutely nothing. The structure may have moved but don't know. There were people inside at this moment.
Can you guys write a letter to Congressperson/senator in your area? (With all signatures together)
And somehow seek help?
 

SusieQQQ

Well-Known Member
That's why I said it's something else... I walked into the building on September 7 and everything was clean. There was absolutely nothing. The structure may have moved but don't know. There were people inside at this moment.
if both the offices for uscis etc and the hotel itself are closed for operations it certainly implies something is wrong.
anyway 10 days can be quite a long time. You guys just need an hour or two for an interview. I wouldn’t lose faith yet.
 

DV21M

Well-Known Member
Can you guys write a letter to Congressperson/senator in your area? (With all signatures together)
And somehow seek help?
I reached out to the congressman in my area and they got the same response from USCIS I did, that I would be rescheduled once they reopened. I reached out to the senator in MS since it's my jurisdiction and the same one @Machidargos did to see if that reinforces the urgency of the situation, but no word yet from either of them.
 

DV21M

Well-Known Member
if both the offices for uscis etc and the hotel itself are closed for operations it certainly implies something is wrong.
anyway 10 days can be quite a long time. You guys just need an hour or two for an interview. I wouldn’t lose faith yet.
Hopefully, though, USCIS reopens sooner, because the hotel does not expect to go back to normal until October 1st
 
Hi mom, all. I had my interview on Sept 15 (Washington DC FO). It went well and the IO informed that she is aware of the Sept 30 deadline. My case status has not changed on USCIS. My non immigrant visa (G4) expires on Oct 2 and I could get it renewed via the State Department while in the US. Should I submit an application to renew my visa now or would this interfere with the GC process? I am concerned that if my GC is not approved by Sept 30, I may fall out of status after Oct 2 and the time it takes for my visa to be issued.
 

KeithJoan

Active Member
Hi @Sm1smom,

I have received an RFE letter for my I-765 (applied for in January before applying for AOS), however I received my GC in August after applying for AOS in April. The letter is requesting for evidence showing I have relinquished my LPR. Obviously this is not what I have done lol. So, is it ok to ignore this letter?

I have tried calling the USCIS but their upgraded phone messages won’t let me get through to an agent.

Thank you!
 

Blade_

Well-Known Member
Hi @Sm1smom,

I have received an RFE letter for my I-765 (applied for in January before applying for AOS), however I received my GC in August after applying for AOS in April. The letter is requesting for evidence showing I have relinquished my LPR. Obviously this is not what I have done lol. So, is it ok to ignore this letter?

I have tried calling the USCIS but their upgraded phone messages won’t let me get through to an agent.

Thank you!
Not mom, but they will figure it out and decline your EAD request, eventually. For your peace of mind, it won't hurt to write them that you no longer need the EAD card and send it in response to the RFE.
 

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi mom, all. I had my interview on Sept 15 (Washington DC FO). It went well and the IO informed that she is aware of the Sept 30 deadline. My case status has not changed on USCIS. My non immigrant visa (G4) expires on Oct 2 and I could get it renewed via the State Department while in the US. Should I submit an application to renew my visa now or would this interfere with the GC process? I am concerned that if my GC is not approved by Sept 30, I may fall out of status after Oct 2 and the time it takes for my visa to be issued.
If your AOS is not approved, I’m not quite sure your G4 renewal will be approved (if you file for a renewal) since you already submitted a waiver (I-508) with your AOS package, but I could be wrong though. So I don’t know if you should file for a renewal now or not, sorry I can’t help with this.
 

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi @Sm1smom,

I have received an RFE letter for my I-765 (applied for in January before applying for AOS), however I received my GC in August after applying for AOS in April. The letter is requesting for evidence showing I have relinquished my LPR. Obviously this is not what I have done lol. So, is it ok to ignore this letter?

I have tried calling the USCIS but their upgraded phone messages won’t let me get through to an agent.

Thank you!
Respond to the RFE with a request to withdraw the I-765 application since you no longer need it as a LPR. And keep a copy of whatever you send (and anything related to how it was sent/delivered) for your personal record for years. This is for a "just in case situation". You don't want someone to mistakenly assume (in years to come) you gave up your LPR status at some point (going by the way that RFE was worded).
 

KeithJoan

Active Member
Respond to the RFE with a request to withdraw the I-765 application since you no longer need it as a LPR. And keep a copy of whatever you send (and anything related to how it was sent/delivered) for your personal record for years. This is for a "just in case situation". You don't want someone to mistakenly assume (in years to come) you gave up your LPR status at some point (going by the way that RFE was worded).
Thank you!

I will respond in writing as you have suggested.

Thank you…..again!
 

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi everyone! My status just changed to ‘New Card is Being Produced.’ Thank you everyone in this forum. I am also one of the person who was waiting for New Orleans FO to reopen. I hope they would approve @DV21M @Machidargos you guys as well and others I don’t know. Thanks to everyone in here.
GREAT news! Congratulations. Please add your case updates to the timeline spreadsheet.
 

DV21M

Well-Known Member
Hi everyone! My status just changed to ‘New Card is Being Produced.’ Thank you everyone in this forum. I am also one of the person who was waiting for New Orleans FO to reopen. I hope they would approve @DV21M @Machidargos you guys as well and others I don’t know. Thanks to everyone in here.
I am ECSTATIC for you (not gonna lie, a tiny bit jealous too - but happy beyond belief).
My case status has not changed, and I wanted to summon the wisdom of the forum: I know @Byoldas had his fingerprints taken a week ago because he was scheduled for both the interview and bio on the same day… mine were taken before the FO closed, would that be significant for his case being approved without the interview but not mine? Or can I still harbor hope I’ll have the same outcome?
 
If your AOS is not approved, I’m not quite sure your G4 renewal will be approved (if you file for a renewal) since you already submitted a waiver (I-508) with your AOS package, but I could be wrong though. So I don’t know if you should file for a renewal now or not, sorry I can’t help with this.
Thanks mom. My understanding was that the I-508 waiver was part of the GC/ AOS application, and that if the GC is not approved as part of the AOS application, then I would revert to my non immigrant visa (G4). Is that your understanding?
I remain hopeful for a positive decision by Sept 30.
 
Top