• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. So I had been in contact with the congressman office back and forth in the past two weeks, but they said they couldn't help me schedule an interview appointment with USCIS. Do you think I should go there in person?
2. On Saturday, I sent a privacy release form by mail to the senator (priority mail) and a mail to the USCIS Field office. Do you think sending a mail to the FO office will be helpful? if yes, I could send another one to the Memphis FO.
3. I called the senator office this morning and asked to see them in person - talked to the receptionist. It sounds like they are going to make me fill the privacy release form again, but I thought I would go there and make sure I have submitted it in person.
1. So you asked them to help you to schedule an interview because there are only 10 days left from the FY and they said no? Then going there won't help either. Work with the state senators. Usually asking multiple elected officials is not a good idea, but given that there are only 10 days left it might not make any differences to ask both the senators in your state. Mom may have a different idea.
2. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case? I don't have any ideas regarding sending mails but definitely don't send mails to the other FOs.
3. I would have waited a day before following up as I mentioned here. Let them receive your request first.

1. So you asked them to help you to schedule an interview because there are only 10 days left from the FY and they said no? Then going there won't help either. Work with the state senators. Usually asking multiple elected officials is not a good idea, but given that there are only 10 days left it might not make any differences to ask both the senators in your state. Mom may have a different idea.
2. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case? I don't have any ideas regarding sending mails but definitely don't send mails to the other FOs.
3. I would have waited a day before following up as I mentioned here. Let them receive your request first.
1. Alright, I won’t go to the congressman office.
2. I believe the Nashville FO, that’s the one nearest to me
3. I just came from the senator’s office. They made me fill out the form I mailed on Saturday and had me fill out an other form specific for immigration issues (was not on their website). Their immigration person was not at the office today, but they said they will get back to me on tomorrow.

1. Alright, I won’t go to the congressman office.
2. I believe the Nashville FO, that’s the one nearest to me
3. I just came from the senator’s office. They made me fill out the form I mailed on Saturday and had me fill out an other form specific for immigration issues (was not on their website). Their immigration person was not at the office today, but they said they will get back to me on tomorrow.
2. Enter your zip code here to find your local FO (bottom of the page).
3. Fingers crossed!

@miemie Have you called the USCIS number and talked to tier 1 or tier 2 officers yet? You can ask them to submit an inquiry on your behalf to your FO.

Hello @Spider10, I see that you successfully interviewed in VA and your case was approved! Congrats! Could you please share how your interview went and what is your status precisely? Whether you applied for political asylum while you still had a valid non-immigrant status, whether you were still in valid non immigrant status at the time of filing I-485 or Interview.. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I was just told by EMMA that the 72 hours call back refers not to 3 days but 72 working hours, so 9 working days... can someone confirm or deny this? Usually they call me back really quickly but they are taking their sweet time this time around.

I was just told by EMMA that the 72 hours call back refers not to 3 days but 72 working hours, so 9 working days... can someone confirm or deny this? Usually they call me back really quickly but they are taking their sweet time this time around.
We tried to schedule infopass today explain everything but we got refused .
we have been told to wait !?

Okay, New Orleans field office is closed because their floor has issues… Does anyone here know anything about fixing flooring? Imma help my USCIS friends out lol
Seriously though… AAAGGGHHHH
I’m gonna get me a venti chocolate milk at Starbucks to ease the frustration.

Okay, New Orleans field office is closed because their floor has issues… Does anyone here know anything about fixing flooring? Imma help my USCIS friends out lol
Seriously though… AAAGGGHHHH
I’m gonna get me a venti chocolate milk at Starbucks to ease the frustration.
Because their floor has issues... :eek::eek::eek:

Because their floor has issues... :eek::eek::eek:
So it is the suite 1800, no idea if they’re on the first floor and got flooded like @SusieQQQ mentioned or if a pipe bursted or what. I also couldn’t figure out/find out how long it’d take to fix it or when the flooring people were allowed to go back to fix it.

So it is the suite 1800, no idea if they’re on the first floor and got flooded like @SusieQQQ mentioned or if a pipe bursted or what. I also couldn’t figure out/find out how long it’d take to fix it or when the flooring people were allowed to go back to fix it.
Do I read correctly it is in the Hyatt House? Then they probably have no direct control over the repairs, though presumably Hyatt is bending over backwards to keep them happy. The hotel itself has currently suspended operations due to the effects of the hurricane.

PS even if you are not on the first floor you may need to get past the first floor to go up. No idea exactly what is happening of course.

Do I read correctly it is in the Hyatt House? Then they probably have no direct control over the repairs, though presumably Hyatt is bending over backwards to keep them happy. The hotel itself has currently suspended operations due to the effects of the hurricane.

PS even if you are not on the first floor you may need to get past the first floor to go up. No idea exactly what is happening of course.
So, they are both on the same area but I am not 100% if it is the same building. I do know that ICE is on that same building, as well as a veteran's office and a few other businesses. I think they might be adjacent buildings? I am hoping it is not because the Hyatt is operating under limited capacity and will not fully come back until October 1st.
To be honest, all my info came from a security person in the building that (understandably) was annoyed and eager to hang up on me.