• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone!
12th of August. Today we had an interview at the Sacramento office. We were invited for 8-15, but we arrived 15 minutes earlier and were immediately allowed inside. We passed the check as an airport and we were sent to the second floor in window number 4, where they took our license, registered it and sent us to wait in room 220. It was a waiting room and there were already a lot of people there. In front of us, a couple was summoned to get married and they were immediately separated, my wife was not allowed to enter, although she tried twice, she was told to wait in the hall until she was called. We did not wait long, only 15 minutes, and an officer called us. My husband and I do not speak English and we got an interpreter on the speakerphone. we have taken an oath to speak only the truth. Although I am the main applicant, the officer interviewed my husband and asked questions not on the I-485 form, but on the case for political asylum. He asked about all the facts of arrests, dates and political activities. He just compared me and my daughter with simple questions that are in the form.
The entire interview took 2.5 hours. In the end, he said that he could not give us an answer because he needed to get our political asylum case and contact the KCC about paying for green cards, since I only had a check sent by them by e-mail, he did not take it and said that will ask for it himself.
I do not know if he will have time to receive our political asylum case and payment from the KCC by the end of September. The interview itself was calm and the officer was serious but friendly. He did not try to catch us, and in some moments he pointed out where we went wrong.
why would they do interview if the "other" case is still pending? seems like waste of time.

Beware, there’s someone sending private messages now trying to scam people (like we didn’t have enough on our plates) and offering certain services…
Moran-something. I reported and blocked, but just so y’all are aware.
What is the full username for this person? Can you copy and paste the message they sent you to this thread?

What is the full username for this person? Can you copy and paste the message they sent you to this thread?
Username was: moranrad038
Message was:
hеy) Еmilly, 25, fеmаlе. Frоm USА. Writе mе оnly in КIK mеssеngеr fоr frее sеx chаt, my usеrnаmе: emi9541

I must say, Emily needs to learn how to read the room lol

We have received our green cards a few days ago. I would like to thank the members of this forum, especially Mom and Susie, for making this process much easier and less stressful. Also, separate thanks to the Seattle folks who continuously entered the timeline info into the spreadsheet. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

We have received our green cards a few days ago. I would like to thank the members of this forum, especially Mom and Susie, for making this process much easier and less stressful. Also, separate thanks to the Seattle folks who continuously entered the timeline info into the spreadsheet. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Congratulations.

Hello everyone,

I’m a DV 2021 winner and has submitted my AOS application rather late - it was received by Chicago Lockbox on August 11th, 2021.
Given that my FO is Brooklyn, NY I was very afraid that I want be able to get my biometrics and interview appointments on time. But happily I got it - on the same day. It is scheduled for 9/23 - first interview in the morning and than biometrics at 2pm.

What do you think - is there still enough time after interview and biometrics to be approved before 9/30?

And 2 more questions.

With my interview notice I received a document called “Diversity Visa I-485 Attachments”, that states what evidence should I bring with me. Among others it says about my medical form. But I have already sent it with my initial application. Does that mean that they have lost it or is this letter just a standard form?

And question about financial evidence. It is hard for me to get Affidavit of Support, but I am able to bring an Offer of employment to the interview. Is it still good enough? Or are there any requirements for the company that makes that offer?

Thank you all in advance!
I'd say try walk-in for bio before your interview day so you might save some time. I did a walk-in bio in Brooklyn a few weeks before my initial bio appointment, they didn't ask anything and just processed it.

I'd say try walk-in for bio before your interview day so you might save some time. I did a walk-in bio in Brooklyn a few weeks before my initial bio appointment, they didn't ask anything and just processed it.
I've already tried on 9/8. They refused to let me in. It might depend on the shift I guess.

Just called the Ombudsman office and they have not assigned my case yet, but they do not expect for it to be resolved before the end of the FY.
Beyond frustrated at this point.

The New Orleans FO is still closed... for some reason I was hopeful they would reopen today.

I agree you should make it more like Blade's, nice and short. Additionally, don't use "AOS" because they might not know what that means. Write "adjustment of status". Also, don't tell them exactly how to help you, like "submitting an appointment inquiry". Instead tell them what you need (i.e. to get your interview, and to get your case adjudicated before the deadline). Also make sure that you explain the deadline clearly like in Blade's example. You only said "the DV fiscal year ends on September 30th". That won't mean anything to the staff in your congressperson's office. They probably know nothing about the DV lottery and have no idea that the end of the FY is a deadline for DV.

Finally, consider adding something emotionally appealing at the end. A one-liner, but something with a positive, optimistic tone - "It's my dream to become a permanent resident and eventually a US citizen - I am now at risk of losing my chance due to the deadline, and I would be forever grateful if you could help." I don't know if this will make a difference but I don't think it will hurt.
Thanks a lot for this!! I have incorporated your feedback in my inquiry that was send on Saturday.

Thank yo so much!

* I plan to take off days and do this. Thanks a lot for the advise!

* I notice on the spreadsheets that the Atlanta takes walk ins as well (please correct me if I am wrong), if Nashville and Memphis fail me that will be my next stop. And then Chicago.

* I have filled out the form on the senators website, they need to be mailed though, so I will send them tomorrow. I have shared what I wrote in, could you please help me review

* I think I will also try to walk in to an FO, what documents should I take with me?

I will sure try to stay alive!:)
I was able to do a bio walk in today at the Nashville ASC. Thank you so much for you advise.
I also sent a senator inquiry on Saturday to see if they can help me schedule a FO interview.
While I wait to hear from them I was wondering what else I need to do to expedite getting an interview.
THANKS!!

That's a very good news! Could you detail what you have done so far to follow-up regarding the interview?
1. So I had been in contact with the congressman office back and forth in the past two weeks, but they said they couldn't help me schedule an interview appointment with USCIS. Do you think I should go there in person?
2. On Saturday, I sent a privacy release form by mail to the senator (priority mail) and a mail to the USCIS Field office. Do you think sending a mail to the FO office will be helpful? if yes, I could send another one to the Memphis FO.
3. I called the senator office this morning and asked to see them in person - talked to the receptionist. It sounds like they are going to make me fill the privacy release form again, but I thought I would go there and make sure I have submitted it in person.