• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom,,

Its been 24 Day Since my interview + biometrics with no updates on my case

I contacted my lawyer to contact the field office or their attorney, he rejected me and said he can not do anything and I have to wait until Sep 30 because I finished the whole process

What do you suggest I have to do?
I never ever used congressman or anything else everything done with the normal process

Hi @Sm1smom,,

I contacted my lawyer to contact the field office or their attorney, he rejected me and said he can not do anything and I have to wait until Sep 30 because I finished the whole process

I never ever used congressman or anything else everything done with the normal process
It is the time for congressional!

Hey all,

My AOS package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 06/07. I received the acceptance text on 06/29. I had my Bio-appointment this week. However, I have not received an interview date yet. I contacted an USCIS agent via live chat today, and I was informed that an interview date is not scheduled for me yet. As we are approaching the end of the fiscal year, is there anything I can do at this point? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Maybe it was not for the SSN, but my university did ask me to get fingerprinted and FBI cleared. I guess it was their policy.
Don’t know what this was for but it doesn’t sound like a uscis bio, so that is why you have to do one. USCIS can only reuse ones they have done themselves.

Hi @Sm1smom,,

Your lawyer told you to wait until 30 Sept? And then what, watch the chance disappear? I’d say contact your congressperson. And ditch the lawyer.

Hi everyone!
12th of August. Today we had an interview at the Sacramento office. We were invited for 8-15, but we arrived 15 minutes earlier and were immediately allowed inside. We passed the check as an airport and we were sent to the second floor in window number 4, where they took our license, registered it and sent us to wait in room 220. It was a waiting room and there were already a lot of people there. In front of us, a couple was summoned to get married and they were immediately separated, my wife was not allowed to enter, although she tried twice, she was told to wait in the hall until she was called. We did not wait long, only 15 minutes, and an officer called us. My husband and I do not speak English and we got an interpreter on the speakerphone. we have taken an oath to speak only the truth. Although I am the main applicant, the officer interviewed my husband and asked questions not on the I-485 form, but on the case for political asylum. He asked about all the facts of arrests, dates and political activities. He just compared me and my daughter with simple questions that are in the form.
The entire interview took 2.5 hours. In the end, he said that he could not give us an answer because he needed to get our political asylum case and contact the KCC about paying for green cards, since I only had a check sent by them by e-mail, he did not take it and said that will ask for it himself.
I do not know if he will have time to receive our political asylum case and payment from the KCC by the end of September. The interview itself was calm and the officer was serious but friendly. He did not try to catch us, and in some moments he pointed out where we went wrong.

thanks. our package was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on 13th July. my check was cashed after one week, but my husband's check has not been cashed yet, also we both have biometric letters now. we worry about that. until when we should wait?! is it better to resend our package?
yes, I am looking for someone like ours or at least near
The situation you and your husband have described is rather unique, it isn't something I've come across in the past so I have no idea why your payment is on hold to date.

Considering you've both received your bio notices, I can't say if you should send in a new package or not. Part of the issue is the fact that the payment you issued for your own package was processed, your husband's payment on other hand was not processed but your husband received his NOA while you did not. So if you guys want to go the route of re-sending the package, will you be sending both packages or will you be sending one? If one, whose package will that be? That is why I can't help you decide if you should re-send or not.

Considering you did not receive your NOA (and I believe you guys got the acceptance text notifications for both packages), have you tried submitting an E-Request for Non-Document Delivery? Try that if you haven't done so already.

Hey all,

My AOS package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 06/07. I received the acceptance text on 06/29. I had my Bio-appointment this week. However, I have not received an interview date yet. I contacted an USCIS agent via live chat today, and I was informed that an interview date is not scheduled for me yet. As we are approaching the end of the fiscal year, is there anything I can do at this point? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Hima, I cannot find your information on the timeline spreadsheet. Can you please clarify to which field office your case has been assigned?

Unfortunately it was out of my control to move, because I am starting a new job. By 'revise' I meant if they could double check in their system if they were sure that they had sent it to the Cleveland Address. They said yes over the chat and that was it.

Maybe it was not for the SSN, but my university did ask me to get fingerprinted and FBI cleared. I guess it was their policy.

My questions would be if the USCIS phone agents and Emma Agents have different information. I am not sure why I am getting different information from the same agency or who to believe. What should I do in case they sent it to the previous address? Just show up to my local office and try to talk with them?

Thank you very much
If your school initiated the fingerprint and FBI background check, those are not immigration related checks, USCIS therefore cannot rely on those and waive your required bio appointment for the AOS application.

Again it isn't unusual for the frontline agents (both via EMMA and the USCIS 1800 number) to provide conflicting or inaccurate response to the exact same question. We've covered that several times in the past on this thread and in this forum, those folks are contractors. They mostly respond from scripts they've been provided with and when a specific question is not on the script and they are not sure of the right response, they make things up.

Anyway, since they told your bio already got mailed and you haven't received it, (I don't know if it's been a while since it was mailed), try submitting an E-Request for Non Document Delivery - the system should allow you to submit this if you meet the threshold. If the bio notice does show up at the previous address, you can attempt a walk-in there, letting them know you no longer live in that city. You can also attempt a walk-in at the new city. Bio can be completed at any ASC willing to allow a walk-in.

Hello Mom,

Last week I initiated a congressional inquiry and I called them yesterday they have not contacted USCIS yet. I asked Emma if my biometric was scheduled. USCIS agent told me that my bio is scheduled on August 30th. Do I need to still follow up with congressional inquiry or I should withdraw my request?

Thank you very much!
Leave the congressional inquiry as is since you've already initiated it. It may subsequently help with getting the IL also.

Thanks to Sm1smom and everyone here to maintain the forums and timeline. It truly supports my husband and me in calming ourselves and following everyone's suggestions to monitor our case.

For the interview:
1) The IO asked for the joint account bank information, IRS transcript (filed together), and the payment slips, and he also asked several questions about our marriage, such as when/where we got married.
2) Went through y/n questions together.
3) I mentioned that I had a speed ticket in 2015. The IO took the note, but he also claims that the speed ticket won't affect our case, but he's glad that I am honest.

Timeline
CN: 2021AS13xxx
CN Current month: June
Field Office: Baltimore, MD
Payment cashed Date: 6/16 (sent out on 5/29 using USPS Overnight)
NOA Letter: 6/23
Bio letter received: 7/6
Interview letter received: 7/16
Bio schedule day: 7/26
Interview schedule day: 8/5 morning
Card Production orders date: 8/5 afternoon
Approval notice: 8/6
GC mailed out: 8/9
GC received: 8/12

Biometrics completed (Chula Vista).
30 mins in and out. Nothing out of the usual experiences shared on this forum.

Interview 8/18
Same. I finally did my bio today. The ASC had only two people working. One of them first did the check ins, and once there was no one she also went back and help the other officer for fingerprints. (This is once again where I realize USCIS has budget issues. They cannot hire more people.) There were only two branches for fingerprints.

It took literally 10 min. The place was empty before our scheduled time. With 5 or 6 people, we entered together. I guess we all had the same scheduled time.

One of my fingerprint signed a yellow signal while others were green, but the officer said it was okay.

I talked to a tier 2 agent to ask for an earlier interview date due to the DV deadlines and she suggested that I write a letter to my FO. just wondering if anyone has done this before? is this really something we can do?!
You can write them if you like, a waste of time IMO. You think your FO isn't already aware of the sensitive nature of DV cases? You don't think they would have scheduled you for an earlier date if that was possible. FYI, they already prioritized your case over several other employment and family based AOS applications they had way before yours came in considering you only filed for AOS about 2 months ago.

Hello @Sm1smom,
Me and my wife had our interview on August 1st. We were told they needed more time to make a decision in regards to our case. The status changed to "interview was completed and the case must be reviewed" one day after the interview. My wife did not have biometrics because she did them before for another case. However, I have to do biometrics, but I have not gotten an appointment yet. I think biometrics is what is holding up my case from becoming approved. I wanted to ask the FO during our interview, but after he said we could not be approved right there, I became distracted and forgot to ask him. What do you recommend? I am kinda nervous since the green card needs to be approved before the end of September.
Have you contacted EMMA to find out if your bio has already been scheduled? Do that first if you haven't done so recently. There's still plenty of time left, especially since you've already completed the interview.

Hi @Sm1smom,,

You can initiate a congressional inquiry, I suppose. Although if you background check clearance is what is holding up the approval, there's nothing anyone can do until it clears. Which country are you chargeable to?

Hey all,

Thank you
You need to update the timeline spreadsheet with your info. This will enable us have a better picture as to what is going on by comparing your case to similar cases and better guide you on if you need to initiate any thing at this point or not.

Thanks to Sm1smom and everyone here to maintain the forums and timeline. It truly supports my husband and me in calming ourselves and following everyone's suggestions to monitor our case.

For the interview:
1) The IO asked for the joint account bank information, IRS transcript (filed together), and the payment slips, and he also asked several questions about our marriage, such as when/where we got married.
2) Went through y/n questions together.
3) I mentioned that I had a speed ticket in 2015. The IO took the note, but he also claims that the speed ticket won't affect our case, but he's glad that I am honest.

Timeline
CN: 2021AS13xxx
CN Current month: June
Field Office: Baltimore, MD
Payment cashed Date: 6/16 (sent out on 5/29 using USPS Overnight)
NOA Letter: 6/23
Bio letter received: 7/6
Interview letter received: 7/16
Bio schedule day: 7/26
Interview schedule day: 8/5 morning
Card Production orders date: 8/5 afternoon
Approval notice: 8/6
GC mailed out: 8/9
GC received: 8/12
Congratulations and thanks for the update. Can you please add your info to the 2021 Timeline Spreadsheet? This ensures it becomes useful to others in the future and doesn't get lost in the midst of all the posts on the thread.

You can write them if you like, a waste of time IMO. You think your FO isn't already aware of the sensitive nature of DV cases? You don't think they would have scheduled you for an earlier date if that was possible. FYI, they already prioritized your case over several other employment and family based AOS applications they had way before yours came in considering you only filed for AOS about 2 months ago.
thanks for the reply Mom,
yes I know all the things that you mentioned. the problem is that I received 2 bio letters and done mine on the earlier date. but my assumption is that the interview is scheduled according to my later bio date.
I already sorted out the duplicated bio notices issue. and I was wondering if writing to the FO helps.