• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

So you charged yourself to the wrong country. For CP, it is an automatic denial - the COs are more vigilant about such things. AOS is iffy, the IO may or may not catch the wrong chargeability country and subsequently approve the case. However if that were to happen, the GC can still be revoked if the erroneous approval is later on discovered. I can't help you decide if you should continue processing or basically stop at this point, this is your call.

By the way, it seems to me you came into the US on a visitor's visa with the preconceived intent of filing AOS, right? Well that is another potential issue the IO may scrutinize. Anyway, your case, your call.
Dear @Sm1smom , thank you for your explanations. No I'm not on a visitor's visa and my intention was not to file AOS from the beginning. I was approved to a US university in Nov 2020 and my visa arrived very late so that I had to defer to this semester (typical background check for Iranian's, for 50 days). After my first interview in US embassy Milan, I realized that I'm a winner of DV. So I started filling out the DS260. I again did my second interview in Milan's embassy for F1 visa (and again went through the security check, this time more than before, almost 3 months) and currently I'm on F1 visa.

If I file I485 and I'm denied , will it have a negative effect on my F1? or a negative impact if in the future I want to file a NIW?

Thank you

Dear @Sm1smom , thank you for your explanations. No I'm not on a visitor's visa and my intention was not to file AOS from the beginning. I was approved to a US university in Nov 2020 and my visa arrived very late so that I had to defer to this semester (typical background check for Iranian's, for 50 days). After my first interview in US embassy Milan, I realized that I'm a winner of DV. So I started filling out the DS260. I again did my second interview in Milan's embassy for F1 visa (and again went through the security check, this time more than before, almost 3 months) and currently I'm on F1 visa.

If I file I485 and I'm denied , will it have a negative effect on my F1? or a negative impact if in the future I want to file a NIW?

Thank you
Thanks for clarifying your current status. A denied DV based AOS application will not negatively impact your current F1 status (provided you do not do anything on your own to make yourself fall out of status such as undertaking unauthorized employment, not attending classes or taking less unit courses than required, etc). You remain AOS eligible (for whichever one you qualify for) as long as you continue to maintain a valid status in the US.

You need to provide more context about your case in order for us to have a better understanding and provide appropriate guidance. You have no historical post in this forum, so can’t offer an appropriate response for your situation.
thanks. our package was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on 13th July. my check was cashed after one week, but my husband's check has not been cashed yet, also we both have biometric letters now. we worry about that. until when we should wait?! is it better to resend our package?

thanks. our package was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on 13th July. my check was cashed after one week, but my husband's check has not been cashed yet, also we both have biometric letters now. we worry about that. until when we should wait?! is it better to resend our package?
Is this the same case reported here?

Hey everyone! Thanks for the continuous help.

I am confused. I finally was informed by USCIS that my biometrics were scheduled and they were adamant over the phone that the Scheduling Notice for my Bio was sent to my new address in Louisville.

The next day I chatted with a live agent from Emma to ask for the BIO date, and they tell me that the notice has been sent to my previous address in Cleveland, and that it has been scheduled for August 30th at the Cleveland USCIS office. I asked them to revise and they were also certain that this new Bio Notice was sent to my previous address.

I checked both my old mailbox (called the apartment manager and he checked for me - no USCIS correspondence), and I still haven't received anything in my new address either. The first USCIS agent who was sure they sent it to my new address told me it was sent on August 6th.

Should I be worried about no receiving the notice? I am just so confused as of why I need my biometrics taken again if I got fingerprinted and also FBI checked when I applied for SSN so I could worked during my Master's program as a Teaching Assistant.

Thank you very much!

After being denied I got my case reopened. Then I received RFE letter and had to gathered police clearance letters from several cities and countries. I did a walk-in biometrics and now I've been waiting to get my IL....

But this morning an IO from my field office called me and said my interview was today but they had forgot to send me the IL (!?) but he had everything he needed so he APPROVED MY CASE!!! "New card is being produced" YASSSS it finally happened!

Never give up, everything works out at the end, believe me.

Thank you for an amazing community, spreadsheets, guides and help!!

Hey everyone! Thanks for the continuous help.

I am confused. I finally was informed by USCIS that my biometrics were scheduled and they were adamant over the phone that the Scheduling Notice for my Bio was sent to my new address in Louisville.

The next day I chatted with a live agent from Emma to ask for the BIO date, and they tell me that the notice has been sent to my previous address in Cleveland, and that it has been scheduled for August 30th at the Cleveland USCIS office. I asked them to revise and they were also certain that this new Bio Notice was sent to my previous address.

I checked both my old mailbox (called the apartment manager and he checked for me - no USCIS correspondence), and I still haven't received anything in my new address either. The first USCIS agent who was sure they sent it to my new address told me it was sent on August 6th.

Should I be worried about no receiving the notice? I am just so confused as of why I need my biometrics taken again if I got fingerprinted and also FBI checked when I applied for SSN so I could worked during my Master's program as a Teaching Assistant.

Thank you very much!
While I cannot speak to why the supposedly mailed bio notice hasn’t shown up anywhere to date, I strongly suspect some of the steps you’ve taken are complicating issues for you. First is the change of address which I warned you about. Then when they told you the bio got sent to your previous address in Cleveland, you asked them to revise as against trying to see if they could email or fax you with a copy, or going online to submit a document not received claim? You asked them to revise?

You got fingerprinted and had background check completed when you applied for your SSN? I’ve never heard of anyone going through such a process for the SSN approval.

While I cannot speak to why the supposedly mailed bio notice hasn’t shown up anywhere to date, I strongly suspect some of the steps you’ve taken are complicating issues for you. First is the change of address which I warned you about. Then when they told you the bio got sent to your previous address in Cleveland, you asked them to revise as against trying to see if they could email or fax you with a copy, or going online to submit a document not received claim? You asked them to revise?

You got fingerprinted and had background check completed when you applied for your SSN? I’ve never heard of anyone going through such a process for the SSN approval.
Unfortunately it was out of my control to move, because I am starting a new job. By 'revise' I meant if they could double check in their system if they were sure that they had sent it to the Cleveland Address. They said yes over the chat and that was it.

Maybe it was not for the SSN, but my university did ask me to get fingerprinted and FBI cleared. I guess it was their policy.

My questions would be if the USCIS phone agents and Emma Agents have different information. I am not sure why I am getting different information from the same agency or who to believe. What should I do in case they sent it to the previous address? Just show up to my local office and try to talk with them?

Thank you very much

After being denied I got my case reopened. Then I received RFE letter and had to gathered police clearance letters from several cities and countries. I did a walk-in biometrics and now I've been waiting to get my IL....

But this morning an IO from my field office called me and said my interview was today but they had forgot to send me the IL (!?) but he had everything he needed so he APPROVED MY CASE!!! "New card is being produced" YASSSS it finally happened!

Congratulations!

Unfortunately it was out of my control to move, because I am starting a new job. By 'revise' I meant if they could double check in their system if they were sure that they had sent it to the Cleveland Address. They said yes over the chat and that was it.

Maybe it was not for the SSN, but my university did ask me to get fingerprinted and FBI cleared. I guess it was their policy.

My questions would be if the USCIS phone agents and Emma Agents have different information. I am not sure why I am getting different information from the same agency or who to believe. What should I do in case they sent it to the previous address? Just show up to my local office and try to talk with them?

Thank you very much
not sure if this helps your situation, in my case my NOA was returned to USCIS by USPS. There is a section in the online account where you can notify USCIS that you have not receive their mail. there is also a link to update your address.
when I notified them of the missing mail, someone from USCIS called me to double check my address with me. he also asked me if I got the bio invite which I didn't. So I asked him if I can pick up my letter and he agreed that I go to their office and gave me the prints.

I would also try walk in to their office if I were you.

not sure if this helps your situation, in my case my NOA was returned to USCIS by USPS. There is a section in the online account where you can notify USCIS that you have not receive their mail. there is also a link to update your address.
when I notified them of the missing mail, someone from USCIS called me to double check my address with me. he also asked me if I got the bio invite which I didn't. So I asked him if I can pick up my letter and he agreed that I go to their office and gave me the prints.

I would also try walk in to their office if I were you.
My only worry about doing this is that the office they have Scheduled me in is in the city where I previously lived (Cleveland). I don't know if I could do a walk in at the office in my current city (Louisville)? I will try doing the other thing about not receiving mail, thank you so much!

Hello Mom,

Last week I initiated a congressional inquiry and I called them yesterday they have not contacted USCIS yet. I asked Emma if my biometric was scheduled. USCIS agent told me that my bio is scheduled on August 30th. Do I need to still follow up with congressional inquiry or I should withdraw my request?

Thank you very much!

I talked to a tier 2 agent to ask for an earlier interview date due to the DV deadlines and she suggested that I write a letter to my FO. just wondering if anyone has done this before? is this really something we can do?!

Congratulations @SELisa! With the amount of stress you endured, you well deserved this nice surprise! Enjoy your new status!

Hi again everyone,

Update on our case:
The online case status was updated to say 'Response to RFE was received' on the same day our medical report was received by the field office (July 16th).
We initiated a congressional inquiry through the senator's office on the 2nd of August. And requested a Tier 2 call on the 6th through EMMA (72 hour wait time) but we never got the call
The senator's office received a reply on the 9th stating that our case was in the queue for an interview and that the field office is trying to adjudicate DV cases timely.

Yesterday our online status changed to "New card is being produced"!!!!!! (Not entirely sure if this means what we think it means........)

However, we received an email today from USCIS referring to our Tier 2 call "service request dated August 06, 2021" and it seemed to be a generic email addressing 'receiving NOA late after sending documents to Chicago lockbox' which was very confusing. Do we ignore this?

Again this is all built on the assumption that "New card being produced" means what we're thinking it means :D
(does this mean the case is adjudicated? ie: does the deadline not matter anymore?)

It goes without saying of course that if it wasn't for mom's spreadsheet, there was no way on earth for us to be able to frontload our applications enough for this to happen on our own. @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Blade_ @Chuchuaaa @ritallight you guys are just champs! Without you guys and this community, my anxiety would have literally eaten me from the inside out!

Good people exist, you all are living proof and for that, I thank each and every one of you
Nice surprise! Congrats! and enjoy your new life!

Hello @Sm1smom,
Me and my wife had our interview on August 1st. We were told they needed more time to make a decision in regards to our case. The status changed to "interview was completed and the case must be reviewed" one day after the interview. My wife did not have biometrics because she did them before for another case. However, I have to do biometrics, but I have not gotten an appointment yet. I think biometrics is what is holding up my case from becoming approved. I wanted to ask the FO during our interview, but after he said we could not be approved right there, I became distracted and forgot to ask him. What do you recommend? I am kinda nervous since the green card needs to be approved before the end of September.