• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

why are you writing to a FO that doesn’t have jurisdiction over your case?
I wrote to my office in Sacramento, where I was interviewed. Did you mean San Francisco? But my case is related to the case of my husband, and his case is in San Francisco and we have problems because of his case, since it is either lost either during verification or something else, we cannot find out ...
All offices were initially interested in my husband's case, so my officer said that he would request my husband's case, but there was no answer and we could not find out what was happening with his case ..
.The same problem with obtaining an SSN, 5 times the SSN office made a request and USCIS does not confirm our status, although we are all in one package, we all have the same status, but SSN got only to my daughter, but she does not have a case, she is in my husband's case and in my case.
Everyone has a work permit and it has a different status: for my husband and my daughter C08, I have A05 ...
USCIS San Francisco did something wrong and now we have a problem because of this, so I still haven't received my decision .. but it's not my fault and where I call we are told everything looks good ..
Only the SSN office says that we have a problem with USCIS, and USCIS is silent or pretends that everything is fine ..
Sorry for my english, but I hope you can understand ..

Thanks a lot! I will go to all the ASC I can possibly go to starting on Monday. The congressman wasn't really helpful with scheduling an interview, he said he can't do anything about it. :( I will call him again on Monday and try to convince him again. Meanwhile, is there any other way I can get an interview faster?
Houston could be a possibility. I did an early walk in there with only one person before me.
We were only my family and two persons inside !

Update about my case, I have received today a message from my Senator :
Thank you for returning the needed authorization so quickly. Although it was good to hear from you, I deeply regret the circumstances which prompted your writing. Please be assured that I will do all I can to try and help you.

In an effort to be of assistance, I have contacted USCIS on your behalf. I explained your situation as it was outlined in the information you provided and asked that your case be given immediate consideration.

I hope that my efforts prove helpful. Thank you for contacting my office and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I welcome the opportunity to be of service in any way I can and hope you will always feel free to call on me.

Sincerely

If you are in Nashville it is a little bit far away, but I do know that Jackson takes walk ins. Also Norridge in Chicago does but towards the end of the week

+1 on Chicago - it's an ASC-rich environment up there. I visited 3 in one day. You could manage 4 if you plan it correctly. Although the 3 I visited turned me away, it was Monday, which is the busiest day, and every one of them said I would probably be ok to do a walk-in later in the week. In the end, I went back to Norridge on Thursday and was allowed to do the walk in. Just make sure you explain that it's extremely time-sensitive and they will usually hear you out.

Thanks a lot for your advise. I will go to all the nearest ASC starting on Monday. Hopefully I can get it taken.

How did you get your interview scheduled?
* Take a two week break from work/studies. Invest the time in your AOS application.

* Locate the ASC offices near you here.

* Manage to go to as many ASCs possible in each day. If they did not let you, ask if another time the same day would work. If no, ask if another day of the week would work.

* If you did not get lucky by Wednesday, get a plane ticket and head to Norridge, IL ASC. At least 5 users here have walked-in on Thursday and Friday.

* Fill out the inquiry form with your senator. There is a specific form in their website, fill that out first before you try calling them or anything. If you were not sure what to write, you can share it here and people will comment.

* Ask the tier 1 or tier 2 to submit an inquiry on your behalf to your FO asking for an interview.

I got my interview by waiting. I initiated a congressional inqury on August 6. The congressional caseworker got back to me on Monday August 9 saying that he will follow up w/ FO. On August 10 he sent me the IL in the email. The IL was dated August 6. So it was just a matter of post delivering it at that point. I received the IL in the mailbox the day after.

REMEMBER: If you drive b/w ASCs, don't speed. Being alive is more important than having a GC.

Update about my case, I have received today a message from my Senator :
Thank you for returning the needed authorization so quickly. Although it was good to hear from you, I deeply regret the circumstances which prompted your writing. Please be assured that I will do all I can to try and help you.

In an effort to be of assistance, I have contacted USCIS on your behalf. I explained your situation as it was outlined in the information you provided and asked that your case be given immediate consideration.

I hope that my efforts prove helpful. Thank you for contacting my office and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I welcome the opportunity to be of service in any way I can and hope you will always feel free to call on me.

Sincerely
Very nice and polite! Hope it proves to be fruitful.

* Take a two week break from work/studies.
Thank yo so much!

* I plan to take off days and do this. Thanks a lot for the advise!

* I notice on the spreadsheets that the Atlanta takes walk ins as well (please correct me if I am wrong), if Nashville and Memphis fail me that will be my next stop. And then Chicago.

* I have filled out the form on the senators website, they need to be mailed though, so I will send them tomorrow. I have shared what I wrote in, could you please help me review

* I think I will also try to walk in to an FO, what documents should I take with me?

I will sure try to stay alive!:)

+1 on Chicago - it's an ASC-rich environment up there. I visited 3 in one day. You could manage 4 if you plan it correctly. Although the 3 I visited turned me away, it was Monday, which is the busiest day, and every one of them said I would probably be ok to do a walk-in later in the week. In the end, I went back to Norridge on Thursday and was allowed to do the walk in. Just make sure you explain that it's extremely time-sensitive and they will usually hear you out.
Alright, thanks for this! I will plan to go there later in the week if the closest ASC fail me.

Contact one of your Senators right away in that case and seek.
Could you please review my letter to the senator?

"Please help me schedule my green card interview appointment with the USCIS Nashville field Office and the biometrics appointment with the USCIS Nashville Application Support Center (ASC) before the end of the DV lottery fiscal date (September 30th 2021) by submitting an appointment inquiry for me to the respective offices.

On June 6th, 2020, I was selected for further processing in the DV lottery program (case number: 2021XX000XXX). Because I was already in the US and couldn’t travel to XXXX because of COVID-19, I decided to file for my green card using AOS. My case number became current in XXXXX and I sent the I-485 form and all the documents required for AOS (including the application fees ($1225) and the required medical examination report in the package) to the Chicago box. My package was received by the USCIS National Benefits Center on XXXXXX and I received my notice of action receipt on XXXXX.

I have a biometrics appointment for October 4th and don’t have an interview appointment from the USCIS field office. I need help expediting both the biometrics appointment and scheduling for an interview considering that the DV fiscal year ends on September 30th, 2021."

* I have filled out the form on the senators website, they need to be mailed though, so I will send them tomorrow. I have shared what I wrote in, could you please help me review
My suggestion is to use express or priority mail to send the application.

- WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR LOCAL OFFICE NOW! SO THAT THEY RECEIVE IT BY MONDAY MORNING!
- ASAP Tier 2 call back (talk to tier 1 first to schedule that)
- senator (instead of congressman/woman)
- try visiting the FO in person
Thanks for this. I will send a letter tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

I have shared what I wrote in, could you please help me review
Sounds alright, just a quick suggestion: make it short and to the point. I'm adding my own request if any parts of it is useful for you or the future applicants:

"I'm a selected applicant for the 2021 diversity immigrant visa program. I have submitted my application for adjustment of status (form I-485) to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (receipt # MSCXXX). The deadline for approval of the 2021 diversity visa program applications is September 30, 2021, which also applies to the applicants for adjustment of status through USCIS. As of today, there are only 12 days left from the fiscal year, and I'm still waiting for the USCIS XXX field office to schedule my interview appointments.

I'm looking for USCIS XXX field office to schedule my interview appointments ASAP, before the end of the fiscal year."

PS: Attach your NOA.

Sounds alright, just a quick suggestion: make it short and to the point. I'm adding my own request if any parts of it is useful for you or the future applicants:

"I'm a selected applicant for the 2021 diversity immigrant visa program. I have submitted my application for adjustment of status (form I-485) to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (receipt # MSCXXX). The deadline for approval of the 2021 diversity visa program applications is September 30, 2021, which also applies to the applicants for adjustment of status through USCIS. As of today, there are only 12 days left from the fiscal year, and I'm still waiting for the USCIS XXX field office to schedule my interview appointments.

I'm looking for USCIS XXX field office to schedule my interview appointments ASAP, before the end of the fiscal year."

PS: Attach your NOA.
Thanks a lot!

Please help me.

How can I ask the officer in my office to speed up the decision without putting pressure on him. So that he would not get angry that I force him to give me my card, but also ask him to pay attention to my case since there is no time left .. How to do it correctly?

" My interview took place on August 12, 2021.
May I ask you, given that the DV fiscal year ends on September 30, 2021, and I am still awaiting your decision, to devote a little time to my situation, perhaps there are some problems that can still be solved in order to get your approval, which very important to my family."

Not too intrusive?

Please help me.

How can I ask the officer in my office to speed up the decision without putting pressure on him. So that he would not get angry that I force him to give me my card, but also ask him to pay attention to my case since there is no time left .. How to do it correctly?

" My interview took place on August 12, 2021.
May I ask you, given that the DV fiscal year ends on September 30, 2021, and I am still awaiting your decision, to devote a little time to my situation, perhaps there are some problems that can still be solved in order to get your approval, which very important to my family."

Not too intrusive?
Is this an FO inquiry you are preparing? I would just say that "only X days are left to the deadline please make a decision on my case ASAP or let me know if you need any further information". PERSONAL OPINION: I won't use "to devote a little time to my situation" or "which very important to my family". I'd write it straight to the point.

PS: What have you done so far to follow up your case?

Could you please review my letter to the senator?

"Please help me schedule my green card interview appointment with the USCIS Nashville field Office and the biometrics appointment with the USCIS Nashville Application Support Center (ASC) before the end of the DV lottery fiscal date (September 30th 2021) by submitting an appointment inquiry for me to the respective offices.

On June 6th, 2020, I was selected for further processing in the DV lottery program (case number: 2021XX000XXX). Because I was already in the US and couldn’t travel to XXXX because of COVID-19, I decided to file for my green card using AOS. My case number became current in XXXXX and I sent the I-485 form and all the documents required for AOS (including the application fees ($1225) and the required medical examination report in the package) to the Chicago box. My package was received by the USCIS National Benefits Center on XXXXXX and I received my notice of action receipt on XXXXX.

I have a biometrics appointment for October 4th and don’t have an interview appointment from the USCIS field office. I need help expediting both the biometrics appointment and scheduling for an interview considering that the DV fiscal year ends on September 30th, 2021."

I agree you should make it more like Blade's, nice and short. Additionally, don't use "AOS" because they might not know what that means. Write "adjustment of status". Also, don't tell them exactly how to help you, like "submitting an appointment inquiry". Instead tell them what you need (i.e. to get your interview, and to get your case adjudicated before the deadline). Also make sure that you explain the deadline clearly like in Blade's example. You only said "the DV fiscal year ends on September 30th". That won't mean anything to the staff in your congressperson's office. They probably know nothing about the DV lottery and have no idea that the end of the FY is a deadline for DV.

Finally, consider adding something emotionally appealing at the end. A one-liner, but something with a positive, optimistic tone - "It's my dream to become a permanent resident and eventually a US citizen - I am now at risk of losing my chance due to the deadline, and I would be forever grateful if you could help." I don't know if this will make a difference but I don't think it will hurt.

Hello everyone,

I’m a DV 2021 winner and has submitted my AOS application rather late - it was received by Chicago Lockbox on August 11th, 2021.
Given that my FO is Brooklyn, NY I was very afraid that I want be able to get my biometrics and interview appointments on time. But happily I got it - on the same day. It is scheduled for 9/23 - first interview in the morning and than biometrics at 2pm.

What do you think - is there still enough time after interview and biometrics to be approved before 9/30?

And 2 more questions.

With my interview notice I received a document called “Diversity Visa I-485 Attachments”, that states what evidence should I bring with me. Among others it says about my medical form. But I have already sent it with my initial application. Does that mean that they have lost it or is this letter just a standard form?

And question about financial evidence. It is hard for me to get Affidavit of Support, but I am able to bring an Offer of employment to the interview. Is it still good enough? Or are there any requirements for the company that makes that offer?

Thank you all in advance!