• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

You need to have an appointment scheduled in order to enter the FO. I don’t under what you mean by who has jurisdiction over a FO.
Thank you MAM, How can I make an appointment, today in my correspondence with an agent I asked if I could make an appointment in my office, the answer is no. Except as an agent through Emma or a phone number, is there no other option?

Thank you MAM, How can I make an appointment, today in my correspondence with an agent I asked if I could make an appointment in my office, the answer is no. Except as an agent through Emma or a phone number, is there no other option?
There’s no other option. An agent has to make an INFOPASS appointment for you.

New Card Is Being Produced​

After 50 days, my status changed this afternoon. Well, don't even know how to express my feelings @ the moment.

Just would like to have the opportunity and thank @Sm1smom for her endless dedication and help here. You're amazing! <3
@SusieQQQ you've done a great job in helping AOSers here. Many thanks!

@Blade_ dude! we had great time together here! way more to go bro!
@raphael1899 thanks buddy for your great dedication to this forum and all your help to me!

While I'd like to thank all good fellas here, I also hope anyone who's waiting to get their cards and finish the process soon.

Cheers,
Finally , very happy for you, congratulations

Yes, it is .. I know the name of the director of my FO and the name of my interview officer, but I haven’t found the San Francisco office anywhere, so I wrote in a letter simply to the Director of the Office.
why are you writing to a FO that doesn’t have jurisdiction over your case?

Hi everyone!

I spoke with Emma today and said that more than a month had already passed and I did not have a solution, but she said that everything is going well and everything is within the usual 10.5 to 26 months, I am trying to tell her that the program will close on September 30, but she said that nothing cannot help, the interview has been completed and you need to wait for a decision. I tried to write to the local office but they returned the letters to me and wrote not to write to them without asking. Today I sent the form to the OMBUDSMAN, on Monday I will call him, what else can I do? Is there some way to book a visit, I asked Emma the answer NO ...
Unfortunately it has been mentioned here before not to send direct letters to FO. When I sent mine I didn't have interview scheduled and there were issues with USCIS understanding my FTJ case. In my case it worked. If you have had your interview and everything went well , you might just need to wait. USCIS agent told me on the phone they have a memo in their system that DV visa to be adjudicated by 25th- I don't know how true this is because from previous years some cases have been approved on sept 30th. I know its hard to be patient at this point because most people have received their GCs already. Me and you and a few others still waiting.

New Card Is Being Produced​

After 50 days, my status changed this afternoon. Well, don't even know how to express my feelings @ the moment.

Just would like to have the opportunity and thank @Sm1smom for her endless dedication and help here. You're amazing! <3
@SusieQQQ you've done a great job in helping AOSers here. Many thanks!

@Blade_ dude! we had great time together here! way more to go bro!
@raphael1899 thanks buddy for your great dedication to this forum and all your help to me!

While I'd like to thank all good fellas here, I also hope anyone who's waiting to get their cards and finish the process soon.

Cheers,
Happy for you!

Good afternoon everyone,

By this point (September 17th) it would seem that is most likely that my FTJ will not happen before the end of the Fiscal Year [Embassy says that Medical Exam has to be taken 7 days prior to the Interview and there are only around 5 business days for my I-824 to be approved and the interview scheduled].

My questions are the following:

1) Can I submit my I-130 petition for my wife right now or shall I wait?

2) As part of the DV process my wife submitted her DS-260 back in April as well as I did. Is it possible that this reduces the wait time for the I-130 F2A petition?

3) There is a part in I-130 that says if we have ever filed a petition before for her. Due to us doing FTJ, I understand we have to mark yes, but we are in doubt what to put in the box where they ask for the resolution of the petition. Should we just write: "Result Pending"?

Thank you very much

Good afternoon everyone,

By this point (September 17th) it would seem that is most likely that my FTJ will not happen before the end of the Fiscal Year [Embassy says that Medical Exam has to be taken 7 days prior to the Interview and there are only around 5 business days for my I-824 to be approved and the interview scheduled].

My questions are the following:

1) Can I submit my I-130 petition for my wife right now or shall I wait?

2) As part of the DV process my wife submitted her DS-260 back in April as well as I did. Is it possible that this reduces the wait time for the I-130 F2A petition?

3) There is a part in I-130 that says if we have ever filed a petition before for her. Due to us doing FTJ, I understand we have to mark yes, but we are in doubt what to put in the box where they ask for the resolution of the petition. Should we just write: "Result Pending"?

Thank you very much
1. You can go ahead and submit now if you wish.
2. No it will not. The I-130 will follow the normal approval process with USCIS before the case gets transferred to NVC and subsequently to the embassy. The DV based DS260 was a submission (via KCC) to the embassy.
3. This is precisely why it would make sense to simply wait the remaining couple of days before filing an I-130 - at that time you simply indicate the previous petition died due to a sunset clause.

Hello,

1. Has it ever happened that someone who interviewed after September 30th was offered a green card despite being after the FY?
2. My biometrics appointment is scheduled for October 4th, which is after the FY deadline. What should I do? Should I still go? I tried to reschedule with no success. Should I just show up to the biometrics office with no appointment?:confused:
3. Also, I haven't received a letter for the interview, is it sent after the biometrics is taken?

Thanks!

Hello,

1. Has it ever happened that someone who interviewed after September 30th was offered a green card despite being after the FY?
2. My biometrics appointment is scheduled for October 4th, which is after the FY deadline. What should I do? Should I still go? I tried to reschedule with no success. Should I just show up to the biometrics office with no appointment?:confused:
3. Also, I haven't received a letter for the interview, is it sent after the biometrics is taken?

Thanks!
what is your FO? have you tried requesting for tier 2 call back? congressional inquiry? what about bio walk-in, have you tried that? I am thinking at least if you have Bio done they might approve your case without interview.

what is your FO? have you tried requesting for tier 2 call back? congressional inquiry? what about bio walk-in, have you tried that? I am thinking at least if you have Bio done they might approve your case without interview.
Thanks a lot for your help!
I am currently in Nashville, so there is one in Nashville and Memphis. I am not sure I know what is a tier 2 call back, but today I talked to USCIS and I was told I will be called back for a possibility to reschedule. I really just received the Bio (and I found out about it through a congressional inquiry). I will try to walk in on Monday and see if I can get a bio taken.

What else would you advise?

Thank you!

If you already have a bio appointment letter, go to every single ASC that you can possibly go in your vicinity to get that taken. In your tier 2 call back ask for interview. There is no chance for an earlier bio appointment. Even if it was, it takes 7 days for the letter to get to you and you can't do anything w/o the bio letter.

PS: I went to get mine taken in another state. I don't have the luxury or owning a car and went there with a train.
PS2: you can ask the congressional caseworker for an early bio b/c they tend to email you a copy of the appointment letter as soon as they get it and you can print and use that. However, your priority should be to take care of that by doing a walk-in.

Thanks a lot for your help!
I am currently in Nashville, so there is one in Nashville and Memphis. I am not sure I know what is a tier 2 call back, but today I talked to USCIS and I was told I will be called back for a possibility to reschedule. I really just received the Bio (and I found out about it through a congressional inquiry). I will try to walk in on Monday and see if I can get a bio taken.

What else would you advise?

Thanks,
Sylvie
Don't just seat back waiting for a USCIS call back to reschedule. Start visiting every ASC far and near to see if you can get the bio done ASAP (like @Blade_ already posted above). Time is not on your side. You need to get cracking if you really want to give yourself a shot at getting this GC. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to see the different locations where others have successfully done bio walk-ins, then put a plan of action in place on how to go from one to the other until you find one where you can successfully do a walk-in.
Once you complete the bio (in the next couple of days hopefully), get back to your congressman/woman for further assistance in getting scheduled for an interview before the FY is over. You have less than 2 weeks to make this happen!

Don't just seat back waiting for a USCIS call back to reschedule. Start visiting every ASC far and near to see if you can get the bio done ASAP (like @Blade_ already posted above). Time is not on your side. You need to get cracking if you really want to give yourself a shot at getting this GC. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to see the different locations where others have successfully done bio walk-ins, then put a plan of action in place on how to go from one to the other until you find one where you can successfully do a walk-in.
Once you complete the bio (in the next couple of days hopefully), get back to your congressman/woman for further assistance in getting scheduled for an interview before the FY is over. You have less than 2 weeks to make this happen!
Thanks a lot! I will go to all the ASC I can possibly go to starting on Monday. The congressman wasn't really helpful with scheduling an interview, he said he can't do anything about it. :( I will call him again on Monday and try to convince him again. Meanwhile, is there any other way I can get an interview faster?

If you already have a bio appointment letter, go to every single ASC that you can possibly go in your vicinity to get that taken. In your tier 2 call back ask for interview. There is no chance for an earlier bio appointment. Even if it was, it takes 7 days for the letter to get to you and you can't do anything w/o the bio letter.

PS: I went to get mine taken in another state. I don't have the luxury or owning a car and went there with a train.
PS2: you can ask the congressional caseworker for an early bio b/c they tend to email you a copy of the appointment letter as soon as they get it and you can print and use that. However, your priority should be to take care of that by doing a walk-in.
Thanks a lot for your advise. I will go to all the nearest ASC starting on Monday. Hopefully I can get it taken.

How did you get your interview scheduled?

Thanks a lot! I will go to all the ASC I can possibly go to starting on Monday. The congressman wasn't really helpful with scheduling an interview, he said he can't do anything about it. :( I will call him again on Monday and try to convince him again. Meanwhile, is there any other way I can get an interview faster?
- WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR LOCAL OFFICE NOW! SO THAT THEY RECEIVE IT BY MONDAY MORNING!
- ASAP Tier 2 call back (talk to tier 1 first to schedule that)
- senator (instead of congressman/woman)
- try visiting the FO in person

Contact one of your Senators right away in that case and seek.

Thanks a lot for your advise. I will go to all the nearest ASC starting on Monday. Hopefully I can get it taken.

Monday very early visit the FO and if not accepted visit the 2nd one. If you get to walk in Same time insist with the Senator. I sent a copy of my stamped Bio with a letter to the IO but in my case the interview was before, I dont know if it worked but you can try

If you are in Nashville it is a little bit far away, but I do know that Jackson takes walk ins. Also Norridge in Chicago does but towards the end of the week