• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thanks. My commute to the FO the morning of the interview would have been 2 hours. When it rains in ATL, there are usually accidents and traffic.I also needed a peace of mind that morning. I had counted on the hotel staff to wake me up early moring too.
Same here, almost 3 hr and also with train! Plus if I missed the 6:00 AM train the second one would have barely made it to my appointment. Although a decent hotel in downtown Chicago was expensive, it did very much worth the rest. Had a very nice family walk in downtown along with breakfast in the morning, which was a way better start than a 3 hr train commute to an important day.

update from Portland Oregon FO:
not too many people from my FO here but hopefully this would be useful for someone in the future.

interview date Sep 9
new card ordered Sep 9
case approved Sep 10
Approval notice received Sep 13
card posted Sep 14
waiting for the physical card

unfortunately, I came across this forum very late in the process, but even in the short time I used the information and advice shared here and am very thankful for that.
I wish best of luck for anyone who is still waiting.
Congrats! Enjoy your new status!

Thank you mom! Appreciate it! I already requested INFOPASS via a phone. My request was not considered urgent request so I am expecting a call back within 30 days and schedule an appointment from there!
If you already have travel plans in place like you previously stated in one of your past posts, (as in you have a booked flight), your request will be accorded the applicable urgency with scheduling an INFOPASS to enable you get the I-551. If the travel plan is still a mental thing you're considering, then yes, the request is not urgent, you're unlikely to get an INFOPASS for that.

Hello, how did you fill out the forum on the website, because I cannot fill out a request without the number and name of the Offender and the location of the prison? Maybe I found the wrong site?
Thank you for help.
Thank you, I did everything as you advised and now I will wait a couple of working days. Today I got through to a USCIS live agent, but he said that he could not help with anything and that the consideration of my case did not go beyond 10.5 to 26 months...

Hi everyone!

I spoke with Emma today and said that more than a month had already passed and I did not have a solution, but she said that everything is going well and everything is within the usual 10.5 to 26 months, I am trying to tell her that the program will close on September 30, but she said that nothing cannot help, the interview has been completed and you need to wait for a decision. I tried to write to the local office but they returned the letters to me and wrote not to write to them without asking. Today I sent the form to the OMBUDSMAN, on Monday I will call him, what else can I do? Is there some way to book a visit, I asked Emma the answer NO ...

Hi everyone!

I spoke with Emma today and said that more than a month had already passed and I did not have a solution, but she said that everything is going well and everything is within the usual 10.5 to 26 months, I am trying to tell her that the program will close on September 30, but she said that nothing cannot help, the interview has been completed and you need to wait for a decision. I tried to write to the local office but they returned the letters to me and wrote not to write to them without asking. Today I sent the form to the OMBUDSMAN, on Monday I will call him, what else can I do? Is there some way to book a visit, I asked Emma the answer NO ...
Are you talking to Emma or to an agent? Emma is just an automated system so it doesn’t take into consideration the DV’s timeline; an agent MIGHT (sometimes they don’t really care) and might schedule a tier 2 call. Not much they could do though.
Also, the ombudsman will take a bit longer than that. I sent mine last week and they told me there was no point in calling until next Monday.
Have you tried initiating a congress inquiry?

Are you talking to Emma or to an agent? Emma is just an automated system so it doesn’t take into consideration the DV’s timeline; an agent MIGHT (sometimes they don’t really care) and might schedule a tier 2 call. Not much they could do though.
Also, the ombudsman will take a bit longer than that. I sent mine last week and they told me there was no point in calling until next Monday.
Have you tried initiating a congress inquiry?
Yes, it was a live agent through Emma ... Yes, at the end of August I sent a letter to my congresswoman in both of her offices in Sacramento and Washington, then I tried to call, but there you can only leave a message and I left it, there is still no answer , although I sent by mail not only the petition but also all the documents on the case. for help her contact me or USCIS

If you already have travel plans in place like you previously stated in one of your past posts, (as in you have a booked flight), your request will be accorded the applicable urgency with scheduling an INFOPASS to enable you get the I-551. If the travel plan is still a mental thing you're considering, then yes, the request is not urgent, you're unlikely to get an INFOPASS for that.
Ohhh I see. During the call, I did mention that I need to travel in early October but maybe I was not clear to him that I have an actual flight ticket booked for early October.

If having an actual flight ticket for early October is enough to qualify for Infopss, do you think i would still have a chance if I call them again to explain more about the concrete travel plan and try to get an Infopss?
Right now my request is queued for a regular call back which is 30 days but like I said, I do have a flight booked already and want/need to travel…

Yes, it was a live agent through Emma ... Yes, at the end of August I sent a letter to my congresswoman in both of her offices in Sacramento and Washington, then I tried to call, but there you can only leave a message and I left it, there is still no answer , although I sent by mail not only the petition but also all the documents on the case. for help her contact me or USCIS
If congressman hasn’t worked, have you tried senator?

If congressman hasn’t worked, have you tried senator?
I was afraid to connect everyone at once, if they would have left me more time .. my number is in May, and the interview was held in August .. I will try to call the senator tomorrow, but will it be right with the ombudsman?

My Lord Jesus has done it again. i got my Green card today.
Its still shocking but true.
I have been playing the DV lottery since 2009. I got selected in 2011 but the results were cancelled because of the KCC glitch.
When the DV 2021 results were out in June 2020, i was scared to check since i was used to ''Not selected''for the last 10 years.So i forgot about it for 6 months. It was in January 2021 that i remembered, and got the courage to check and the 1NL was smiling at me.:oops:

Some tips i have found useful in the DV journey.

1. Pray, pray, and pray more. At every step pray. Pray for every document.There are times that i felt i would never get the G.C but prayer gave me hope. One miracle after another started happening. God is able.

2. Be persistent and don't give up.Utilize every opportunity available. I put in different expedited requests. its the 3rd that was completed, and i got an interview earlier than expected.

3. Just because you don't see the updates on the case status or from Emma doesn't mean that your case is not moving. Its moving in the background. getting my IL surprised me because i never got any letter confirming that the expedited request was granted. My IL date was 5 weeks after filing form I-485.

4. I got a hotel for the night [5 minutes away from the FO], so that i get to the early morning interview on time. It was raining the day before the interview, and the morning of the interview. I did not want to risk being late or oversleeping and not showing up.

5. My case wasn't approved the day of the interview, as the KCC file was still pending. The IO told me that the DV payment receipt is very important. So make sure you get it from KCC and take it to your interview.

6. Using money orders than Credit cards or checks to pay for the DV fee and AOS fee was helpful. I think they are quickly cashed than the rest of the forms of payment. Since you can track USPS money orders, i strongly recommend it. A day saved in the process goes a long way to help speed up your case.

Thanks to every one here that provided info, and helped me answer the questions that i had. Thank you Mom for creating this thread, and for the time you put in to help others.May God reward you big big.

May the good Lord bless and keep you safe in this USA that we have been given an opportunity to live in.
Am praying for those who are still waiting. May God surprise you in Jesus' name.
If you need specific prayer, please inbox me your name , and i will put you on my prayer list.
I don't know why, but I read your post and cry ... I didn't even think that I had so many tears ... I also pray, but apparently my officer is not breaking through ...

Thank you so very much mom. May the good Lord bless and keep you. Thanks again for allowing God to use you to help others through this tough USA immigration journey. You are helping people get into their destinies. May God grant you your heart's desires according to His will. As you have helped me, and many others, you and your family/ children will never get stuck in life. Help will be there when and where you need it. You are appreciated
I agree, we will always be grateful to our Angel Mom

New Card Is Being Produced​

After 50 days, my status changed this afternoon. Well, don't even know how to express my feelings @ the moment.

Just would like to have the opportunity and thank @Sm1smom for her endless dedication and help here. You're amazing! <3
@SusieQQQ you've done a great job in helping AOSers here. Many thanks!

@Blade_ dude! we had great time together here! way more to go bro!
@raphael1899 thanks buddy for your great dedication to this forum and all your help to me!

While I'd like to thank all good fellas here, I also hope anyone who's waiting to get their cards and finish the process soon.

Cheers,

After 50 days, my status changed this afternoon. Well, don't even know how to express my feelings @ the moment.

Just would like to have the opportunity and thank @Sm1smom for her endless dedication and help here. You're amazing! <3

@raphael1899 thanks buddy for your great dedication to this forum and all your help to me!

While I'd like to thank all good fellas here, I also hope anyone who's waiting to get their cards and finish the process soon.

Cheers,
How glad I am for you! Congratulations, this gives hope, I thought 35 days are too many for a positive ...

Cheers,
Congratulations!

I thought the local office was controlled by someone.
Yes, each FO has a Director who is in charge of it, then there are District Directors in charge of groups of FOs (FO Directors report to the District Directors). Their names are typically not publicly shared for a reason. How you can try googling them to see if you can find their names if that’s what you’re looking for.