• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Any other ideas you could recommend or suggest? I know at this point probably not because I guess I've exhausted all realistic possibilities. Would an info pass in Chicago be an option and/or useful?
Add: Because I know sending a whole new package is not an option but I have a copy of the one I sent so I could bring it with me to the Chicago FO. Not sure if that would be a thing.
You don’t think I would have provided that information by now if there was something else you could do without you nudging or prodding me? I feel like I have counseled you as best as I can in my last couple of responses to your posts, but they do not seem to have made any difference to your reasoning. I don’t want to come across as unsympathetic by constantly shooting down your ideas, hence my non response to your last recent posts.

AFAIK, the New Orlean FO has jurisdiction over your pending case, they have the final say like I’ve said over and over again. You however can visit the Chicago FO if you think feel you could possibly have a shot with them - I don’t know.

Update on my case:
Today, I got a phone call from USCIS that I need to send requested documents.
I told her that I already sent the requested documents to the office last week.
She said that she will make a follow-up and will call back if necessary.
I'm kinda glad at least there's some movement in my case.
It’s a positive sign that they are clearly cognizant of the deadline and actively looking at your case. Hopefully they rack the docs down quickly.

You don’t think I would have provided that information by now if there was something else you could do without you nudging or prodding me? I feel like I have counseled you as best as I can in my last couple of responses to your posts, but they do not seem to have made any difference to your reasoning. I don’t want to come across as unsympathetic by constantly shooting down your ideas, hence my non response to your last recent posts.

AFAIK, the New Orlean FO has jurisdiction over your pending case, they have the final say like I’ve said over and over again. You however can visit the Chicago FO if you think feel you could possibly have a shot with them - I don’t know.
It’s not that they didn’t make any difference to my reasoning, not at all. In fact I followed all of them, I take your advice really highly.
However, New Orleans is still closed and, the way it looks like, they’re not reopening soon (although every second of every day I hope that information is wrong and the reopening is just around the corner, with enough time for us on this FO).
So I was trying to think outside the box and see if there was anything that, even if maybe not traditional, could possibly work. As an “in case of emergency” try this, but it won’t work under normal circumstances kinda thing.

It’s not that they didn’t make any difference to my reasoning, not at all. In fact I followed all of them, I take your advice really highly.
However, New Orleans is still closed and, the way it looks like, they’re not reopening soon (although every second of every day I hope that information is wrong and the reopening is just around the corner, with enough time for us on this FO).
So I was trying to think outside the box and see if there was anything that, even if maybe not traditional, could possibly work. As an “in case of emergency” try this, but it won’t work under normal circumstances kinda thing.
As an option, you can also CALL the Ombudsman office. When you request a case follow-up with them thru their website, they'd send a confirmation email in response. There's a contact number in the email. (Just let it be for a couple of days after submitting the online form and then make the call; because if you call asap, they'd probably tell you that the case has not been assigned to a case worker yet)

Hopefully it'll help

GL

As an option, you can also CALL the Ombudsman office. When you request a case follow-up with them thru their website, they'd send a confirmation email in response. There's a contact number in the email. (Just let it be for a couple of days after submitting the online form and then make the call; because if you call asap, they'd probably tell you that the case has not been assigned to a case worker yet)

Hopefully it'll help

GL
Thank you!! I submitted it over the weekend so I think calling today should safe-ish.

Update on my case:
Today, I got a phone call from USCIS that I need to send requested documents.
I told her that I already sent the requested documents to the office last week.
She said that she will make a follow-up and will call back if necessary.
I'm kinda glad at least there's some movement in my case.
What number did you call USCIS, the one that is indicated on their website, we cannot get through at any time? Or did you call your local office?

What number did you call USCIS, the one that is indicated on their website, we cannot get through at any time? Or did you call your local office?
I always find EMMA more useful than the phone, but technically on the phone saying technical difficulties should lead to a live agent

Hopefully it'll help

GL
Hello, how did you fill out the forum on the website, because I cannot fill out a request without the number and name of the Offender and the location of the prison? Maybe I found the wrong site?
Thank you for help.

Have you received the actual GC though or are you trying to gain some time by preemptively applying for a replacement card on the assumption your card will show up with the names still swapped based on what you saw on the approval notice?
Thank you mom!! Received an actual GC today, confirming the swapped name on it finally.
Am going to file for I-90 & i551 ASAP!

I just contacted my school's lawyer. She was very kind to answer my question about if she knew anything about an upcoming opening of the field office.
She told me that she had managed to get an infopass for her clients for next week. I don't think it's too much to expect the New Orleans office to open next week.

I just contacted my school's lawyer. She was very kind to answer my question about if she knew anything about an upcoming opening of the field office.
She told me that she had managed to get an infopass for her clients for next week. I don't think it's too much to expect the New Orleans office to open next week.
OMG THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!