• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom, forum. I have been waiting for an IL and early last week it showed in my informed delivery that it would be arriving soon (it was an image of a letter from my FO). I have since received post that was due to arrive on the same day as the IL, and post from days after, but no IL. I am beginning to think that it may be lost. Any advice on what action I could take aside from waiting? Thanks
Same thing happened to my friend in DC last week. He went to the FO, showed the screenshot (scan) of the IL from informed delivery. They printed out his IL right away.

Yes mom!
He just showed the screenshot of the mail (from informed delivery) to the security and explained the urgency of the case to them. Then he was allowed inside to talk to someone. The guy asked for his ID, went to the IO and gave him his IL print!
That’s great. Good to know that’s an option that could be explored under similar circumstances (of course no guarantee it will always work out same way)

Thanks for the update.

What is the trick of getting calls to go through to senators office. When I submitted my request to congressman's office I went there in person and even trying follow-up calls is a nightmare. I have to call 10 times at different times of the day to get through to talk to someone. Now that I am planning on submitting a request at the senator's office , its the same night mare. I have called almost 20 times and no answer. Went to the office last Friday and it was closed(an hour drive). I did send them an email but I wanted to talk to a person so I can explain the urgency of my case.

Update for everyone! And special thanks to everyone who helped! Especially Susie and notably, of course, mom!

I had my interview today and was approved on the spot. My online status has been updated to "We ordered your new card".

Rundown of the interview:
After I got through security etc, by the time I got up I was just about 15 mins before my appointment time. 5 minutes to check in, another 5 waiting to be called, and went in 5 mins earlier than my appointment. The interview was quick, maybe 5-10 mins total.
1) Said she had all the documents she needed and just wanted my passport, US ID, and IL
2) She ran through my I-485, asking name, address, parents names, last time I came into the US
3) Some Y/N questions (I told her I had gotten parking tickets and one speeding ticket previously (didn't go to court for it though) and hadn't included it in the original document and she said it didn't matter. She noted it but said it wasn't relevant.)
4) Asked me about my education (where I got it, what it was)
5) If I had worked on my current F1-OPT status (which I had, in work that was related to my field of study), and what kind of work I did

That was it! She was extremely nice and it was very straight forward. She told me it all looked good and asked me to wait outside for 10 minutes for next steps. Came out and handed me a letter to hang onto to confirm I was approved until my card comes!

Thank you again mom for making what would be a lengthy, complicated, and anxiety-riddled journey so much smoother. Having your support and the support of this forum made it possible to navigate this with confidence!

Update for everyone! And special thanks to everyone who helped! Especially Susie and notably, of course, mom!

I had my interview today and was approved on the spot. My online status has been updated to "We ordered your new card".

Rundown of the interview:
After I got through security etc, by the time I got up I was just about 15 mins before my appointment time. 5 minutes to check in, another 5 waiting to be called, and went in 5 mins earlier than my appointment. The interview was quick, maybe 5-10 mins total.
1) Said she had all the documents she needed and just wanted my passport, US ID, and IL
2) She ran through my I-485, asking name, address, parents names, last time I came into the US
3) Some Y/N questions (I told her I had gotten parking tickets and one speeding ticket previously (didn't go to court for it though) and hadn't included it in the original document and she said it didn't matter. She noted it but said it wasn't relevant.)
4) Asked me about my education (where I got it, what it was)
5) If I had worked on my current F1-OPT status (which I had, in work that was related to my field of study), and what kind of work I did

That was it! She was extremely nice and it was very straight forward. She told me it all looked good and asked me to wait outside for 10 minutes for next steps. Came out and handed me a letter to hang onto to confirm I was approved until my card comes!

Thank you again mom for making what would be a lengthy, complicated, and anxiety-riddled journey so much smoother. Having your support and the support of this forum made it possible to navigate this with confidence!
Congratulations.

Yes, you can go ahead and do that.
I went ahead and submitted a new I 485 on 16 August with all supporting documents. Today I received acknowledgement from NBC. I completedI biometric from old I485 submission on 18/8. My interview with appointment with rest of family from old case is this week. I have not received NOID. Should I go to the interview with rest of family?

What is the trick of getting calls to go through to senators office. When I submitted my request to congressman's office I went there in person and even trying follow-up calls is a nightmare. I have to call 10 times at different times of the day to get through to talk to someone. Now that I am planning on submitting a request at the senator's office , its the same night mare. I have called almost 20 times and no answer. Went to the office last Friday and it was closed(an hour drive). I did send them an email but I wanted to talk to a person so I can explain the urgency of my case.
I'm not aware of any such trick. AFAIK, some of those folks just happen to be more responsive to their constituents (and easier to reach) than others.

There are 100 senators, what works for one may not work for the other 99. Also it seems to me your problems getting through might be simply because they prefer submissions via the forms on their website, maybe they simply do not have staff to be manning phones all day long.

I went ahead and submitted a new I 485 on 16 August with all supporting documents. Today I received acknowledgement from NBC. I completedI biometric from old I485 submission on 18/8. My interview with appointment with rest of family from old case is this week. I have not received NOID. Should I go to the interview with rest of family?
Yes, go ahead and attend the interview with the rest of your family.

Not if they showed up as requested, or if their case was already approved before the scheduled appointment. I have no way of knowing what people normally do, that's why I'm asking. Even if there's only a slight chance it could be a problem, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.
I had my bio on 8/18 and did a walk in on 8/5 in a different state than I was scheduled in. My bio letter is stamped and if I ask EMMA, they acknowledge my biometrics were taken that day. You are in the system if they took your fingerprints, it’s not like it’s all gonna get lost in the cyberspace and they can’t see on your file/case that part was completed. That is why they scan your code and take your info.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I had grown tired of all the paperwork that I've had to file over the last 10 years across 1xL-1, 5xE-3, and 2xH-1B visas and entered the DV lottery in 2020 and 2021. Like you all, I was selected for DV2021, however, to complicate the journey, Hong Kong special status was revoked and the lawyers I had asked didn't have a good answer on whether my selection would be "grandfathered" in. In any case, I bit the bullet an engaged a lawyer to support my application.

On Tuesday, as a result of a congressional case work inquiry, I was informed by the senator's staff that the IO/FO determined that the interview could be waived. I didn't believe it so I actually went and checked the case status and asked live chat and both confirmed that a Green Card was in production. Case status flipped over to Approved overnight and the next day there was a USPS tracking number... I'm expecting my GC in the mail in the next few days!

Like you all, it has been a process... mostly a nervous waiting game. I did not receive my bio appointment letter until late July for a mid-August appointment. There was also no sign that an interview was being scheduled, so I had been following up with online chat (about once a week since mid July) and my lawyer had separately filed a inquiry with the ombudsman and requested a tier 2 follow up.

Once I completed my biometric appointment, I checked again with online chat to see whether an interview had been scheduled and it hadn't. With the tier 2 and ombudsman inquiry still outstanding and a little over a month remaining in the fiscal year, I felt that it was not unreasonable to reach out for congressional inquiry/case work support/constituent services from the senator's office.

I contacted the senator's office and spoke with a really nice person who took my details and asked me to explain the urgency of the situation and after the weekend they sent me several forms to complete. I don't know what the usual turn around time is, however, I sent the forms back on Monday after business hours and by noon on Tuesday she had filed an inquiry with USCIS. By close of business Tuesday afternoon, she had gotten back to me that the IO can choose to waive the interview, and that they had done that. USCIS also indicated that the FO only received the case a few days ago and were coordinating with KCC on transferring paperwork/information and that the remaining administrative steps should be complete over the next few days and the application would be adjudicated before the end of the fiscal year.

So imagine my surprise when the case status flipped over to card production after I checked that evening!

I can only speak from my own experience and situation, however, and while I have some doubt that asking for "Help with a federal agency" from a congressperson helped move the case forward, they were able to give me the information I was looking for. If I can give any advice, I would say, don't just file the forms with constituent services or send an email, try and speak to a person, particularly given we are starting to run out of time.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and hang in there!

I have requested access to the spreadsheet and will fill in my dates for anyone who is interested.
Can you please tell me how to contact my congressman?

I don't have an EAD yet.
Have you already received an answer to the interview? I am also in the status of asylum and also was interviewed on August 12, my case is also being requested for verification, and there is still no answer. This is a nervous anticipation. I wish you a successful birth.

Bizarre interview experience!

No wait, nice IO, straight forward a couple of Y/N questions.....Everything was perfect but IO insisted that J visa 2 year requirement should be consecutive. I told her it is cumulative. She said since I didn't bring 'PROOF OF REGULATION', she can't approve my AOS! For one hour I tried to explain 212(e). Also, I tried time sensitivity and FTJ arguments. But she said she would look into it and gave me a letter saying "your case is being held for review". She looked very sincere when she said she would do her best. But she also said there are many people waiting for interview, she doesn't know when she can do it. I am assuming she has to do it at some point, right?

@Sm1smom or anyone who can guide me: What do you think I should do? Wait and see if IO can find the regulations or try to make an InfoPass appointment? Or else? In both cases, I think I lost FTJ chance.

Thanks

So, if you ever held J visa, bring 212 (e) along with country entry-exit records. Looks like USCIS staff do not know much about their own regulations.

interview is completed.
9:45AM: enter the FO
10AM: start interview (wife, me, son) *wife is main applicant and she doesn't working and our status is E2VISA from my company.
11AM: interview finished and we couldn't hearing "your case is approved"...
we just received attached file for NOTICE OF INTERVIEW RESULTS. I hope, this letter is general letter...
Could you please let me know about this letter mean.

IO is looks like young guy. he is friendly and polite.
His questions are very simple as following.
name, address, last entry date in the US, birth of date, birth place, and Y/N questions(all answers are No)

that's all. finally we talked a little Japanese culture about Anime lol (he can speak Japanese and we are Japanese!)

I just waiting update... if I get any update I will let you know.
Thank you for all member.
IMG_6489.jpg